Braking Sound - LokSound V4

Dunmar

Hi,

Over the last view weeks I have been tinkering with CV's to the point where I have just about got my loco's doing exactly what I want them to do! The control I can achieve is truly amazing!

I have just got one more stage to complete and that is the 'braking sound' just  as the loco stops. If you don't drop to ' 0 ' quick enough you will not get the brake squeal.

The manual states that you need to alter CV's 64 and 65 accordingly. I have tried altering them but am a bit confused as to what is meant to and is happening.

I want the break squeal to come in slightly earlier ( without the use of F7 ) and get it to operate automactically as the loco starts to slow down.

What do I need to do?

Bill.

Although you can set CV64 & 65 to any value from 0 to 192, if you set them to anything more than about 20 the brakes will squeal for far too long. I find that the following values make the braking sound do what I want;

Set CV64 somewhere between 10 and 20

Set CV65 to around half of the CV64, ie somewhere between 5 and 10

If you like the squeal to last a bit longer, increase the values proportionately

Hope this helps,

Bif

Although you can set CV64 & 65 to any value from 0 to 192, if you set them to anything more than about 20 the brakes will squeal for far too long. I find that the following values make the braking sound do what I want;

If you like the squeal to last a bit longer, increase the values proportionately

Hope this helps,

Bif

Hi Bif.

That's interesting as I have a few locos where the brake squeal continues after the loco has stopped. Can this be cured and with what CV please?

Exactly what parramaters do 64 & 65 change please?

I have altered CVs 3, 4, 5, & 6 to get the control I like. Can this effect the period of squeal?

Cheers

Dave Smith

Hope this helps,

Bif

Hi,

Got a result 'bif' - excellent! :no: .  When you say increase the value to make the squeal last longer - do you increase both CV's accordingly :scratchhead: ?

Bill.

Thanks again 'Bif' :no: !  Have set CV64 = 15 and CV65 = 5  and got the effect I want. Have been ' tinkering ' with CV's over the last few weeks and I will now give them a rest and concentrate on ' driving ' loco's before my layout's next outing!

Cheers,

Bill.

Archived