Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

As for Pastel. The picture of him sat on the chair will be of great help.....he does look rather cheeky in that bag.....perhaps he's addicted to wallpaper paste. I thought I had a second cat but can find only one. 

edit=it's  not painted yet....so I need to get on that.

Edited by Jaz

This is the same model as above just a different colour

med_gallery_17883_3112_71103.jpgrmweb1270jc1

These are good because you can seat a whole plastic figure

Around here these older tractors are still regularly seen

med_gallery_17883_3112_237412.jpgrmweb1271jc2

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

Yes, Dad is very good at metal work. I hope I am not being boring but that tractor in post 3484 looks very much like a Field Marshall. Some of them were fitted with a very clever system that allowed them to be started with a shotgun type cartridge - good videos on the internet  showing the procedure.  (Apologies for taking over a railway forum talking about tractors) 

Surely if it's for the scenic / diorama element people are interested. I've packed the box away so I honestly have no idea.

We also have some Volvo digging equipment. All the vehicles are yellow.

Meantime I have worked on Pastel and referred to your pictures...I hope this has some semblance of the moggy in question. It is sat there looking very innocent though.....No wallpaper or anything suspect in sight  :angel:

The original model

med_gallery_17883_3112_70074.jpgrmweb1275jccat7

Im afraid the mad scientist is looking a bit suspicious...

med_gallery_17883_3112_318274.jpgrmweb1276jccat8

The dogs next to it are only HO

med_gallery_17883_3112_38566.jpgrmweb1277jccat9

med_gallery_17883_3112_434131.jpgrmweb1278jccat10

If you need anything adjusted just say and i'll have a go.

I got the spot on the nose, the white chest the white front leg, and hopefully the grey is close.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

In addition to @Jc.

I had a chat with Castle, who kindly provided reference when I was doing Kal's birthday last year with the crane.......and I quote

I will be an interesting prospect though - I am 6' 2" tall, I have long blonde / brown hair 3/4 of the way down my back tied in a pony tail with the inevitable slight grey streaks at the temples. And then there is the hat. As I am project manager for 3 of our engines (Nos. 4079, 1363 & 4144), I like to think of the hat as the modern equivalent of the foreman's bowler... I got it in the US and it is marked up as a Minnetonka Outback Buffalo Nickel Hat so you may find a picture on line. It also carries a few GWR insignia on it too! Below what you can see in the picture, in full Didcot mode it's a set of black overalls. Black steel toecap boots on the feet. The non engineering / Didcot tour guide / at home version sees me with black shirt, leather waistcoat with watch chain and dark black jeans. The boots and the hat stay the same.......I look forward to seeing the results!

So basically I thought imagine a cowboy.....

First thing to find a figure that might be a good starting point......then this caught my eye...... :sungum:

med_gallery_17883_3112_358168.jpgrmweb1278castle1

med_gallery_17883_3112_172372.jpgrmweb1279castle2 :sungum: 

• Like 2

LOL....He may look awful but with the use of a file.....some quick improvements.....

first shorten the hat

med_gallery_17883_3112_380850.jpgrmweb1280castle3

then if you look carefully I made some heels for the boots (not that Castle needs heels from what he said) and reduced the thickness of the legs to make them look  more like boots than trousers.

med_gallery_17883_3112_324248.jpgrmweb1281castle4

• Like 3

Wow Thanks Jaz, Your model of Pastel is superb and an example of some brilliant modelling /  painting . I would never have the patience / skill to model anything like that. 

Edited by @Jc
  • Like 1

@Jc glad you like it. So shall we run with the cat the tractor a lap top and you sitting on the tractor? If you have any other things you want to put in the pot feel free to speak up.

Edited by Jaz

Initially I lowered the height of the hat, with a different file there is now a V in the middle...this should now look more like the hat in question

med_gallery_17883_3112_17917.jpgrmweb1282castle5

another view of the hat...and notice the buttons they will have to go....

edit=I also narrowed the coat....

med_gallery_17883_3112_190143.jpgrmweb1283castle6

This picture shows off the reduction in the boots and trousers also

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Unless you have started it I don't think that a laptop would look that realistic in the same scene as a tractor. I can't recall ever having a laptop on a tractor. Do you think it would look silly  to have me depicted in the seat of a parked tractor, (or beside the tractor performing maintenance) with Pastel on the bonnet. It's up to you of course. A cat we used to have used to jump on the tractor bonnet as soon as the engine was stopped. He loved the warm engine. 

edit - the cat would then jump onto the cab - if the roof was open he would proceed to poke you through it with his paw. 

Edited by @Jc

I suspect the scarf goes in the coat....but I can't tell....so I left it outside....so Castle if you need it cut just say...

some superglue at the back of the neck. then at the cross over

med_gallery_17883_3112_77855.jpgrmweb1288castle11

You may just see the silvery 'buckles' on the hat. When I tried to paint them on I could not get them small enough, or low enough, so I had to 'swipe' them on then repaint the hat to make them small enough.

And whilst I was a t it the boots and jeans ended up black as per Castles notes.

med_gallery_17883_3112_73183.jpgrmweb1289castle12

Which is such a shame because I really wanted fancy snakeskin cowboy boots.....turquoise and red would have looked so good.

A little more shadow on the face...then I think Im done. I might do your mate later on with his hat.....and the two of you can sit down and watch the work on Kalboro.

• Like 1

Now I have a few I'll try them out on the layout....So boris @Jc and Castle should soon be represented. I've been looking at a 2 seater scooter.....am considering doing Sasquatch a la lambretta. I wonder if Mrs Sasquatch fancies being pillion?

Hi Jaz,

I am honoured and immortalised - although not wearing as much black as usual! I have heard tell that other colours are available but I don't believe it personally...

Nice one!

Castle

• Like 1