POA Blackadder scrap wagons

jonhall

Having come back from the St Albans show with rather a lot of castings for POA Blackadder boxes, I have resolved to batch paint them, fit them to chassis and then sell the result as RTR, all have had a few stray air bubbles filled, and had a coat of Halfords grey primer, followed by a coat of black - which wasn't hardening in the shed, but has been brought inside to firm up.

post-336-0-16663500-1391266119.jpg

Jon

• RMweb Premium

Nice job Jon. I didn't know you were going to St Albans, I was there with my layout Kirkby Stephen West, I could have shown you the Trestrol wagon. I've got the etches by the way, just waiting for some more bogie side frames from Cambrian.

Ian

Nice job Jon. I didn't know you were going to St Albans, I was there with my layout Kirkby Stephen West, I could have shown you the Trestrol wagon. I've got the etches by the way, just waiting for some more bogie side frames from Cambrian.

Ian

I was up on the balcony all weekend demo'ing resin casting - hence why I have so many!

When are you looking to sell these on?

When they are ready - I've no rush beyond wanting them out from under my feet - whilst looking for something else I found another 4 raw castings in the workshop this evening - make me an offer I can't refuse.

Jon

• 5 months later...

Having come back from the St Albans show with rather a lot of castings for POA Blackadder boxes, I have resolved to batch paint them, fit them to chassis and then sell the result as RTR, all have had a few stray air bubbles filled, and had a coat of Halfords grey primer, followed by a coat of black - which wasn't hardening in the shed, but has been brought inside to firm up.

attachicon.gifblackadder001.jpg

Jon

Hi Jon they look great i've always wanted the TTA style chassis of the Blackadder, do these fit on the Bachmann / Hornby base and do you have any more for sale?

Hi Jon they look great i've always wanted the TTA style chassis of the Blackadder, do these fit on the Bachmann / Hornby base and do you have any more for sale?

I designed them to fit on the Hornby chassis, I've never tried the Bachmann. I've had a rummage in the workshop and set you a pm. I will probably cast some more at my next resin casting demo, which is StAlbans in January.

post-336-0-65853400-1406833444.jpg

Jon

Archived