Kingsley. see new thread = Swad Lane.

Andrew P

It now has all new facilities for 1990 including a Wagon Repair Workshop and a better Platform Shelter.

No GREEN diesels then :no: :no:

Looks nice and strangely familiar. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Ray

No GREEN diesels then :no: :no:

Looks nice and strangely familiar. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Ray

Thanks Ray, the layout has never been outside of the chaps flat and never been used in anger.

Hi Andy

Sorry to see the demise of Kingsley but it certainly looked as if you had no option.

As for the new layout I think it should be Swad Lane (Kingsley), I feel that some link to the past should be kept for a while to enable people to find it.

All the best for the work ahead.

Jim

Hi Andy,

Definitely a new thread for Swad Lane, imho!

btw, I remember once listening to radio Derby(!) and the dj was taking the mickey out of Swad, such as "You know you come from Swad when, . . . . "

I'm not going to repeat them as I can't remember them, except for that bit!!!

Anyway, good luck with the new construction, will follow with interest, as always.

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Start afresh, Andy. 

We on here know what's happened. 

Those who aren't don't - so why confuse newcomers to a new thread?

If the new layout is to be Swad Lane, let's have a new thread simply called SWAD LANE (plus any appropriate description, of course). 

This is going to be a great Bodgited offering.

:sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Why let it down with past negatives?  Forward and onward, methinks.

Pollyfusion

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

The new layout picks up where the old one leaves off so you could just carry on.  On the other hand you could start a new thread and then put a final post that says

'Kingsley, (Swad Lane) continues here' and make it a link to the new layout.

3 out of 3, so Swad Lane it will be and I have some more pics to post on there as well.

Thanks to all who have contributed to Kingsley and I'm sorry it won't continue in its present form.

For Clive and the guys in the Barracks at least you will still have a Train Service and for the workers around Kingsley there is new employment prospects in the Wagon Works.

So please now go to Swad Lane.

Thanks,

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about Kingsley, I could sell you 'Milne' but that's 15ft x 3ft so maybe not. But it did make me think that its sad to part with a project having put 'usually' a lot of money and effort into it, in a way you got lucky finding the problem sooner rather than later. Remember my cliquey 'a good baseboard is a layouts permanent way'.

Can't wait for the next project, I'm still struggle with a couple of electrical gremlins on the single slips on Dent, if I can't get them to work correctly it may well be going the same way as Kingsley at this rate!

Yours truly 'stiff back' Mike (from leaning over the slips all bleeding day!!!!!!)

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear about Kingsley, I could sell you 'Milne' but that's 15ft x 3ft so maybe not. But it did make me think that its sad to part with a project having put 'usually' a lot of money and effort into it, in a way you got lucky finding the problem sooner rather than later. Remember my cliquey 'a good baseboard is a layouts permanent way'.

Can't wait for the next project, I'm still struggle with a couple of electrical gremlins on the single slips on Dent, if I can't get them to work correctly it may well be going the same way as Kingsley at this rate!

Yours truly 'stiff back' Mike (from leaning over the slips all bleeding day!!!!!!)

Cheers Mike, for TLGP I will have baseboards made properly. lesson learned.

Hi Andy,

Shame about the boards, as long as you could save the trackwork it would have been the most expensive part.

New layout looks very nice.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Andy. Apologies that it's taken me so long to catch up with Kingsley's demise.

Good choice to change to Swad Lane, Andy.

Bit surprised to see the extent of the sag. What, with all the humping and sagging, you lead an interesting life!!

As a matter of interest, what timber were you using to "support" the baseboards? Was the flaw there all along or has something "given"?

Jeff

Afternoon Andy. Apologies that it's taken me so long to catch up with Kingsley's demise.

Good choice to change to Swad Lane, Andy.

Bit surprised to see the extent of the sag. What, with all the humping and sagging, you lead an interesting life!!

As a matter of interest, what timber were you using to "support" the baseboards? Was the flaw there all along or has something "given"?

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, I think it must have been there a bit and not noticed before.

It was only 3mm ply on a 2 x 1 frame, and I think that's where the problem has come from. Probably DIY shop timber that always has that issue.

• RMweb Gold

Blimey, Andy, I've missed all the drama again.

Sorry to see, and hear, about Kingsley - I take it you didn't fancy turning it into Tynsley, and doing hump shunting, then? :jester:

Swad Lane looks good, and I'm sure you'll work your magic on it.

Cheers mate,

Al.

Great news on the sale Andy! Thought these pics. might amuse you - recently discovered by my sister. My own production racer was normally prepared in dad's garage at home. The uniform is from 6th Form!

The BRM shot was taken by dad on, I think, a Lagonda club visit (both companies were at that time owned by David Brown I believe) It's well thumbed as I used to carry it in my wallet to impress the girls!!

One day I'll bore you with the sorry tale of the disappearance of my trophy's, photos and much else family - disputes can be destructive! Hope you can view the pictures it's the first time I've attempted to upload.

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

PS Perhaps the C50 in the background would have been safer?

Hi Jock67B

I had a Honda 250cc it was the same as yours. I thought is was a great bike at the time and had great fun on it.

Archived