GWR short coach dimensions

sleeper

Hi,

I downloaded these drawings of some early coaches from the internet, the roofs are not shown but I would imagine they are Clerestory. I would like to scratchbuild one of these but unfortunately there are no dimensions shown. Would anyone know the overall length and the height of these? also did they have 4 or 6 wheels.

I can't find them listed anywhere under the Diagram numbers shown on the drawing, they have 5 doors and the nearest thing I found was an S11 but the windows were different. My guess is that they were around 30ft in length. Here's a picture of the original drawing, any help would be useful.

post-15272-0-99224200-1405111126.jpg

thanks

Roly

Miss P,

Than you for pointing me in the right direction. I had looked at this web site previously but not really taken in the information contained in it. I've now located the two 'T's' but sadly the U25 remains a mystery not only to me but also the author of the site it seems, I would imagine the info listed without diagram numbers holds the key, but at least I have 2 carriages to be going on with.

Thanks again.

Roly 

Archived