Model Rail announces 'Marne'

dibber25

Marking the Centenary of the First Battle of Marne in 1914, Model Rail is pleased to announce its first Bachmann limited edition steam locomotive model, the 'D11' 4-4-0 as No. 5511 Marne in LNER apple green livery. This is the only Bachmann 'D11' to be produced in apple green for the foreseeable future. The limited run is 500 pieces, supplied with etched name, works and tender plates. Price including p+p is £146.95 (subscribers pay £132.26). Place your order now by telephoning 01209 613984 or go to 

www.modelrailoffers.co.uk

post-1062-0-83720600-1406299682.jpg

Thanks for posting this Chris. 

I had just seen it yesterday via Facebook and promptly ordered one.  Hoping I got it in early enough.

As there is nothing of interest from the main Bachmann range 'so far', my hard earned cash will go towards this model.

This is certainly a nice addition to the LNER fleet.  I would really like a D10, so if I can pick up a D11 I would convert it.  Or it is a PDK kit.

Unfortunately I did not renew my Model Rail subscription in January so will have to pay full price. 

Any idea when it is likely to be released?

Mark in OZ

Thanks for posting this Chris. 

I had just seen it yesterday via Facebook and promptly ordered one.  Hoping I got it in early enough.

As there is nothing of interest from the main Bachmann range 'so far', my hard earned cash will go towards this model.

This is certainly a nice addition to the LNER fleet.  I would really like a D10, so if I can pick up a D11 I would convert it.  Or it is a PDK kit.

Unfortunately I did not renew my Model Rail subscription in January so will have to pay full price. 

Any idea when it is likely to be released?

Mark in OZ

We haven't yet seen a painted sample and it's usually three months from that point. I hope we'll have models in stock before the year end.

CHRIS LEIGH

Looking forward to seeing this. Annoyingly no D11/1s appear to have got apple green in the time period I'm modelling, but what's one exception to the strict limits of modelling…? :).

Either the start of a slippery slope down to anachronism hell, or the door to "It's My Layout" freedom!

Did the D11s ever sneak through the East London Line on those excursions to the Norht Kent coast? Unlikely, I'm sure

Already, that was quick.

Look forward to seeing the photos. 

So now it will be 3 D11/1's, GCR Butler Henderson, BR Black Prince Albert and LNER Marne.  A very nice trio from Bachmann.

Mark in Oz

Archived