BCDR Baltic drawings

Nelson Jackson

Hello everyone,

I'm after some BCDR drawings of the Baltic tanks, preferably digital/scanned ones if possible, you can contact me via PM or reply below, and just another question, what were the driving wheel diameters of these massive engines?

Thanks in advance

Nelson

Hi Nelson,

The drivers were 5'6" in diameter.

The only "drawings" I have seen were rather crude 1/8" to the foot UTA ones, which may or may not be accurate. I have some photocopies somewhere, they're not great quality.  If I can get a  scan I'll send it to you. Maybe "some out there" has something better

Colm

Drawings and builders photos on the MOSI website.  If you select Beyer, Peacock & Co Ltd from the top box and search for "county down" you will find drawings and photos of several B&CDR locos.  Baltic drawing and images at the links below.

Thanks you. I was after a copy of the GA for the Beyer built SECR L class for my build of the DJH kit for the 2015 challenge. And lo and behold, a couple of minutes playing with the search engine turned up a copy. 

There's a  wealth of info about them (though no drawing of the actual locos)  in Desmond Coakham's definitive book on the BCDR, including a fascinating though small scale drawing of one fitted with an NCC  WT type boiler, which was considered as a way of improving them,

Anyone planning a model? I've considered it from time to time but as yet can't find a suitable chassis - the English "Baltic" kits are of engines much much bigger and longer.

Colm

Archived