An NCC Mogul

colmflanagan

last month I completed another Mogul, the first I've done in NCC colours, as No 100 "Queen Elizabeth"., using HMRS lining transfers and some from Railtec here's a few pics  of her on trial on the Stranraer Coleraine & Donaghadee Railway before being re-gauged and sent north to Scotland to her new home. 

post-4092-0-71231800-1437669636_thumb.jpg

post-4092-0-33293500-1437669747_thumb.jpg

Owing to a strange obsession on the part of her new owner,, No 100 will be fitted with a digital device with emits noises. What will they think of next?

post-4092-0-62724700-1437669815_thumb.jpg

post-4092-0-99782600-1437669825_thumb.jpg

And a PS  -  Railtec have produced two sheets allowing LMS NCC brandings, numbers, door classes, and dining/buffet car emblems  so now there's no excuse for not renumbering all those Bachmann/replica/mainline LMS coaches some of us run as NCC.  Maybe UTA numbers would be useful?

• Like 11

Gorgeous, Colm! And that colour really does suit most locomotives so very well, as I think Triang/Rovex found out too from therir sales figures - their Midland red 3F 0-6-0 number 3775, sample recently acquired via eBay, was my favourite childhood steam loco! A red' jeep', though, that would be sheer heresy!

Anyway, lovely model!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

According to 'Steam Railway' the RPSI are considering building a replica NCC Mogul and have ordered a boiler identical to the 'Jeep' as well as having a stock of spare parts. So we could see a full size one too.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...