New DCC controller "ACE" from Sig-na Trak

On 25/05/2020 at 16:42, Sig-naTrak Tony said:

Hi Zoro,

If you could drop us an email at info@signatrak.co.uk I would like to investigate this further with you.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for your help today Tony. Guess we both learned a lot about programing chips. :) I managed to get the active brakes moved from F5 to F2.

Edited by zoro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Tony great to see you watching the forums as well as the e-mails.

Any news on when & what the Ver.4 software will make its appearance and what it will contain?

Still very happy with my Ace 2  it's a dream to use and the instructional side is exceptional.

Regards 

EDIT

woooops  Decided to visit the Sig-na Trak web site and saw this message.

!! IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

We are delighted to announce that development work on key products has re-commenced and we expect the updated ACE software to be available by early Autumn! 2020

Edited by Barnaby

Thanks Barnaby,

Due to the uncertainty in the aviation world, Fraser has had lots of full-time-work related issues in the last 12-18 months including a prolonged period of retraining for a new airline and aircraft, and moving from Stockport to London after the demise of his previous employer.

With the current 'climate' he has now been able to commit time to Sig-naTrak development during the current lockdown situation and while development is continuing on multiple products, the ACE firmware is very high on the priority list as a development we have been talking about for quite some time now.

Sorry I can't give a realistic date, but the noise they make as they fly past has been as frustrating to us as it has undoubtedly been for you guys.

Regards, T

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

I am not actively stalking the thread, but I am still here 'on behalf of' Fraser and Sig-naTrak.

I don't have a day-to-day involvement with the business any more due to my day job, but I am still around to give support and advice, and also act as a go-between to Fraser who isn't active on here.

How can I help?

• Informative/Useful 2

On 11/08/2015 at 21:41, Ron Ron Ron said:

Mike, those Gaugemaster prices are a complete and total rip-off.

Ron, clearly you don't know how the Trade "works" - any distributor/importer/wholesaler that supplies the trade & the public sells to the public at non-discounted rates, otherwise their Trade customers get the hump.

The public are free to shop around - often they will find prices below the prices quoted by GM from other retailers.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SamThomas said:

Ron, clearly you don't know how the Trade "works" - any distributor/importer/wholesaler that supplies the trade & the public sells to the public at non-discounted rates, otherwise their Trade customers get the hump.

The public are free to shop around - often they will find prices below the prices quoted by GM from other retailers.

I'm pretty sure Ron does know how the trade works....

https://www.ronlines.com/digital-steam-locomotives.html

7 minutes ago, SamThomas said:

In that case his comment makes little sense...................

Sam, it was your comment about how trade works quoting a 6 year old post that was the point I was making.

Ron is fully aware of how trade works, as are many other members of the forum, and a discussion about Gaugemaster's trade tactics on a forum thread about a manufacturers product that isn't sold by Gaugemaster isn't constructive; especially 6 years later.

Regards, Tony

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SamThomas said:

Sam, apart from being a very old comment and no longer relevant, I recall that I was referring to the fact that, at the time,  Gaugemaster were quoting a retail price that was actually higher than the full manufacturers rrp !

Additionally, I fully understand the position that the distributor has to maintain, regards pricing.

I find your “clearly don’t know….” comment rather rude and uncalled for.

Thirdly, I am not Ron Lines, at least I wasn’t, the last time I looked, so goodness knows where that came from ?

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

7 hours ago, Sig-naTrak Tony said:

How can I help?

Thanks for the reply.

My question is will the Sig-naTrak ACE Power Supply (15v 5.5A DC) on the website be a suitable replacement power source for my unit (picture attached). Think there is a broken wire or connection in my lead, if it moves a certain way the unit cuts out. Great system though love it. 2 years old on Christmas eve.

Ace.jpg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

Thanks for the reply.

My question is will the Sig-naTrak ACE Power Supply (15v 5.5A DC) on the website be a suitable replacement power source for my unit (picture attached). Think there is a broken wire or connection in my lead, if it moves a certain way the unit cuts out. Great system though love it. 2 years old on Christmas eve.

Ace.jpg

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your enquiry and I'm sorry to hear your power supply has developed a fault.

If you could please package and send the power supply and cables (including the mains lead with plug) back to Fraser we can investigate this and if required replace the power supply under warranty. There is no need to include the ACE-2 unit itself or other components unless it is also faulty.

Please include a copy of your proof of purchase if purchased from a retailer, a copy of the serial number (written on the bottom of the ace itself) and purchase date/order number (if purchased from Sig-naTrak directly), a description of the fault, and your name, address and contact details to

Sig-naTrak by GFB Designs

13 Hooper Close
Dunswell
Hull
HU6 9FG

I hope this helps resolve your issue, but if not please do get back in touch on here or by emailing info@signatrak.co.uk and Fraser or I will do our best to assist you further.

Regards Tony

Edited by Sig-naTrak Tony
Additional information amd instruction
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

11 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

I find your “clearly don’t know….” comment rather rude and uncalled for.

Thirdly, I am not Ron Lines, at least I wasn’t, the last time I looked, so goodness knows where that came from ?

Ron,

I did not intend my "clearly don't know" comment to offend or indeed be regarded as rude, to that I apologise.

Thanks for clarifying the other matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

From me.

I recalled meeting the owner of Ronlines many years ago at an Ali Pally exhibition and was sure he told me he was on the NGF as Ron, Ron, Ron.  Must be the old memory tricks, my apologies

Cheers

Dave

3 minutes ago, DaveArkley said:

From me.

I recalled meeting the owner of Ronlines many years ago at an Ali Pally exhibition and was sure he told me he was on the NGF as Ron, Ron, Ron.  Must be the old memory tricks, my apologies

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for clearing that up Dave.

Maybe I should sue him for identity theft or some such?

9 hours ago, Sig-naTrak Tony said:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your enquiry and I'm sorry to hear your power supply has developed a fault.

I

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have sent you a Private Message, thanks.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, ballina226 said:

Hi I have just purchased a Sig-na Track controller from a national model railway dealer. Is there and news on when the ACE software upgrade to V4.0 with PC control will be available yet.

Many thanks Steve.

I don't know if this helps?

Mobile  

07968 057919
(Overseas: +44 7968 057919)

Postal Address

GFB Designs
13 Hooper Close
Dunswell
Hull
HU6 9FG
United Kingdom

Email Address

info@signatrak.co.uk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, ballina226 said:

Thanks for the information Ron Ron Ron sent them an email 3 weeks ago but no reply.

I also sent them an email a while back but have yet to have a reply,  just wonder what is going on. 

Edited by johnd
  • Like 1