Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

No, with the way international shipping is at the moment it’s probably sensible to wait until they are actually in the UK, or at least we know they are close, before making any firm statements!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy,

We are waiting to hear when the models are ready to ship. As soon as we know anything we will let those who’ve ordered know!

Allowing time for shipping and then packing/dispatch here means that realistically I think we are looking at mid-February.

It is frustrating for us too but I think we are in the final furlong now!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2021 at 21:41, Revolution Ben said:

Hi Jeremy,

We are waiting to hear when the models are ready to ship. As soon as we know anything we will let those who’ve ordered know!

Allowing time for shipping and then packing/dispatch here means that realistically I think we are looking at mid-February.

It is frustrating for us too but I think we are in the final furlong now!

cheers

Ben A.

Will any be making their way into shops?

Edited by Adamphillip

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Adamphillip said:

Will any be making their way into shops?

They can be ordered here or at other retailers whom revolution deal with. 

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1652/Revolution-Trains

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/n-gauge-locomotives/brand_revolution-trains

Hi Gang;

Finally, a bit of good news....after all the shenanigans and debate over liveries for (in this case) the Class 320, it seems that the Carmine and Cream version is going to surface after all....

https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/

To acknowledge this important part of the shows history the event organisers AMRSS Ltd have teamed up with Revolution Trains to bring  320 306 Model Rail Scotland back to life in its SPT Carmine & Cream livery albeit in much reduced form as a limited edition model in N gauge. This specially commissioned version of the new Revolution Trains class 320 EMU will be released at the show.

Great news guys....looking forward to grabbing one (or two)!!!

Later;

Stu from EGVN

Edited by Stu from EGDL
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

On 16/01/2022 at 07:48, gedlee said:

Hi All,

I hope to get a Carmine & Cream set in Glasgow as well. I wonder if they will be charging the full retail price?

It will be great to catch up with friends again.

Cheers,

Ged.

I was hoping to get to Glasgow but am at another show... AMRSS website says £295... Hopefully they have some left over for sale.

Tony

1 hour ago, carderrail said:

I was hoping to get to Glasgow but am at another show... AMRSS website says £295... Hopefully they have some left over for sale.

Tony

From memory, very few of the show special editions have ever sold out over the weekend (Although I may be wrong) so I would be shocked if the remnants of the stock don't appear on the show webpage in due course after the weekend.

Personally I'm excited that my 2 Saltire variants are due into the UK in the coming week or so as per the update last night.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Having recently got back into N gauge and missing the original pre-orders, I’ve ordered an Orange/Black one from C&M Models. Really looking forward to it arriving as the pics I’ve seen of the limited edition look superb. 

Hi Eddie, Nice to see you back in the N Gauge fold.

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

Looking forward to receiving my 321 in NSE and 320 in Strathclyde Orange soon!

Quick question. I part paid for these several years ago. What is the process for paying the outstanding balance - do I need to log into the RevolutioN website to do this or do I need to wait for an invoice (or similar) to be sent out to me first?

Thanks for clarifying

Tom.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, tiger said:

Looking forward to receiving my 321 in NSE and 320 in Strathclyde Orange soon!

Quick question. I part paid for these several years ago. What is the process for paying the outstanding balance - do I need to log into the RevolutioN website to do this or do I need to wait for an invoice (or similar) to be sent out to me first?

Thanks for clarifying

Tom.

Does this answer your question? It’s on Revolution’s website in the FAQ section:

“If you pay a 50% deposit then you have locked in your model(s) at the price stated.  We will invoice you for the balance when the models are nearly ready to ship.  Please note that if you order multiple line items on an order that the deposit system will generate one balance invoice (with a different order number) for each line item and it is not possible for our website to combine the balance invoices.”

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

53 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

Does this answer your question? It’s on Revolution’s website in the FAQ section:

“If you pay a 50% deposit then you have locked in your model(s) at the price stated.  We will invoice you for the balance when the models are nearly ready to ship.  Please note that if you order multiple line items on an order that the deposit system will generate one balance invoice (with a different order number) for each line item and it is not possible for our website to combine the balance invoices.”

Thanks, that’s very helpful.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, shanks522 said:

I’ve had a look on the website and in here but can’t find info on DCC fitment, does the unit only require one chip?? 

cheers

Graham. 

Hi Graham,

Yes, one chip is all you need.  The couplers carry both power and the DCC control signals along the train.  There is a Next-18 decoder socket on the PCB in the power car (it's the pantograph car, like the prototype) and all models have factory fitted speakers to make upgrading to sound a snap.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

As per the recent newsletter (and on the Projects page of our website) it depends on which livery you ordered as they’re coming in 2 batches and will take us a lot of time to process all the orders (due to offering too many choices/second choices etc). 

cheers Mike

PS I should have said the first orders of batch 1 (LM, Scotrail Saltire, Undecorated)  went out on Thursday and Friday with plenty more to go. 

Edited by Revolution Mike
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Revolution Mike said:

As per the recent newsletter (and on the Projects page of our website) it depends on which livery you ordered as they’re coming in 2 batches and will take us a lot of time to process all the orders (due to offering too many choices/second choices etc). 

cheers Mike

PS I should have said the first orders of batch 1 (LM, Scotrail Saltire, Undecorated)  went out on Thursday and Friday with plenty more to go. 

Thank you! 

I have to check as work have also been sending me packages without telling me and I never know whether it is a 321, or a computer keyboard!