Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

All the final batch of invoices (or queries) have been generated and/or emailed to people - if you're expecting an invoice please check your spam folder if you haven't received it or drop us a message through email.

Orders for retailers are starting to be packed and they should start to receive their orders later this week or early next week.

Cheers Mike

The unit I returned for repairs has come back, though yet again it was sent to the wrong address meaning another 30 mile drive to collect it. So far though, running it on my kato test track all seems well. The coupling wires are no longer catching and lifting the bogies and the unit runs smoothly in both directions without detailing. The rear lights at one end no longer work so I will have to have a poke around to see if there is some loose wiring. 

David 

• Like 3

On 18/06/2022 at 13:24, Hearts1874 said:

Hi there 

just received mines in NZ 

is anyone else’s strathclyde 320 centre car got a wider black band 1mm lower and 1mm higher which is very noticeable compared to the driving cars which look correct 

Not noticed that but the livery on mine seems smudged, it was purchased from Rails so I have emailed them to see what they can do.

class 320_1.jpg

class 320_2.jpg

Exact same as mine the black band on the centre car is 1mm higher at the to and 1mm lower at the bottom very noticeable connected to the driving cars 

must have been Stevie wonder on quality control 

cheers 

John 

These are the most horrible models ever. Finally got round to test running along with my new Farish 319s. As I suspected the 321/0 just derail like billio. Such trash. The 319s worked out of the box and on tighter curves. I tried to make the curves less tight but still no joy. The motor coach now runs fine and I've tried adjusting the bogies on the remainder of the unit/s but to no joy. 

I'm looking at selling my units now and wished I waited before putting a deposit on the 314s. 

I'm torn between seriously moddyfing or selling. (I'll probably sell the NSE pair and modify the Strathclydes). 

Wished I never went down this route and stuck to my instinct regarding the quality of RT. 

I actually like the detail of the RT. The pantographs look more realistic compared to the toy plastic look of the Farish 319 ones. The paint application is very good on mine 

But the couplings and poor running together with the stupid super bright white interior lights and don't get me started with the I'll fitting front airdams cast a big cloud over these models. 

33 minutes ago, Ngauge 4 me said:

Wished I never went down this route and stuck to my instinct regarding the quality of RT. 

Really?

This is the first model from Revolution that I had any issues with, I've 4 Pendolinos, 3 CL92's and all of their modern wagons and all have been excellent.

I agree that the interior lights are too bright so I'll be turning them off on mine, mine also needed a good hour of running in in both directions but all in all I'm very pleased with it.

Regartds,

John P

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ngauge 4 me said:

These are the most horrible models ever. Finally got round to test running along with my new Farish 319s. As I suspected the 321/0 just derail like billio. Such trash. The 319s worked out of the box and on tighter curves. I tried to make the curves less tight but still no joy. The motor coach now runs fine and I've tried adjusting the bogies on the remainder of the unit/s but to no joy. 

I'm looking at selling my units now and wished I waited before putting a deposit on the 314s. 

I'm torn between seriously moddyfing or selling. (I'll probably sell the NSE pair and modify the Strathclydes). 

I actually like the detail of the RT. The pantographs look more realistic compared to the toy plastic look of the Farish 319 ones. The paint application is very good on mine 

But the couplings and poor running together with the stupid super bright white interior lights and don't get me started with the I'll fitting front airdams cast a big cloud over these models. 

Hi

If that’s the most horrible model you’ve ever had then you’ve been very spoilt.

Mine runs beautifully. I do agree about the interior lights but you can switch them off so not really an issue.

Cheers

Paul

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

If that’s the most horrible model you’ve ever had then you’ve been very spoilt.

Mine runs beautifully. I do agree about the interior lights but you can switch them off so not really an issue.

Cheers

Paul

Paul 

the paint finish on my class 320 centre car is shocking the black doesn’t even match up with the outer cars and you would expect it to be flawless not the Friday afternoon she’ll be right paint finish considering the money we are forking out for stuff.

Dapol got the arrows the wrong way round on their strathclyde class 156 and are sending out replacement bodies when they become available now that’s service 

cheers 

john 

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Hearts1874 said:

Paul 

the paint finish on my class 320 centre car is shocking the black doesn’t even match up with the outer cars and you would expect it to be flawless not the Friday afternoon she’ll be right paint finish considering the money we are forking out for stuff.

Dapol got the arrows the wrong way round on their strathclyde class 156 and are sending out replacement bodies when they become available now that’s service 

cheers 

john 

Hi

Have you contacted Revolution Trains?

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

So why comment on what excellent service Dapol are offering when you have no idea what Revolution will do…? When I’m sure the answer is to replace it. 

9 hours ago, njee20 said:

So why comment on what excellent service Dapol are offering when you have no idea what Revolution will do…? When I’m sure the answer is to replace it. 

That’s why I have posted the photos on the revolution trains tread 

is it a issue with the strathclyde class 320 centre car ?? 
or just a rogue one I have got

cheers

john 

Edited by Hearts1874

4 hours ago, Balgrayhill said:

Why not contact the manufacturer first rather than asking on here?  Would you ask a random person in the street if your new car didnt look right?  No, you'd go straight back to the dealer.   

I understand people less and less these days

So no point in having a revolution tread then on here is their 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Hearts1874 said:

So no point in having a revolution tread then on here is their 

This thread serves many purposes covering all sorts of topics from initial announcement through to delivery, running in and modifications people have made. I’m sure I’m not alone in not wanting it to be seen as a place where people can post their unlettered opinions without allowing the manufacturer to fix things first. For the record, I have bought a number of products by Revolution Trains not all of which I still have. One arrived in a condition that I was not happy with, so I contacted Revolution Trains about it, was offered two alternative solutions of which I chose the refund option. Things do sometimes go wrong. Mouthing off on here should not be the first response. 

• Agree 5

I do not feel that there is a problem airing issues here but I would always recommend contact with the manufacturer/retailer. I had 4 sets from the first batch and after 13 hours of trying to get them working satisfactorily, by agreement with Revolution they were all returned for refund. The return postage was also refunded. The issues I had were couplers jammed solid, Couplers with restricted lateral movement causing derailments on the transition from straight to 430mm curves. One set only had drive to one bogie. Recently I purchased a set from a retailer, and using the lessons cited here and on other sites, it took only 1 hour and 20 minutes to get the set working smoothly even through the reverse curve of a large radius crossover. By contrast, I had a Farish Class 319 and a Class 769 which were coupled up and running smoothly with no mishap within 20 minutes of the courier delivering the parcel. I do not think that it is helpful to discourage the sharing of problems. There are probably many Class 320/321 sets which have not even been tested yet….waiting for the layout to be built. So a catalogue of issues and resolutions on RMWeb could be useful for future readers when they commission their sets - long out of warranty cover.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Pilotman said:

This thread serves many purposes covering all sorts of topics from initial announcement through to delivery, running in and modifications people have made. I’m sure I’m not alone in not wanting it to be seen as a place where people can post their unlettered opinions without allowing the manufacturer to fix things first. For the record, I have bought a number of products by Revolution Trains not all of which I still have. One arrived in a condition that I was not happy with, so I contacted Revolution Trains about it, was offered two alternative solutions of which I chose the refund option. Things do sometimes go wrong. Mouthing off on here should not be the first response. 

Things do sometimes go wrong ie : lights motors etc

but paintwork that sticks out like a sore thumb at just under £200 yeah ok then 

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Hearts1874 said:

Things do sometimes go wrong ie : lights motors etc

but paintwork that sticks out like a sore thumb at just under £200 yeah ok then 

I’m not saying you should be happy with a product that is not as it should be. You have rights as a customer; use them if you’re not satisfied. 

Got my 321 today, straight out the box and onto some kato R381 curves, 1 coupling fouled but then freed up with some gentle wiggling and now it’s running perfectly, only thing that’s bothering me currently is the slight jerk it makes when setting off on DCC using a DCC concepts zen blue+. Overall a good model in my books.

image.jpg

• Like 6

Criticisms of models absolutely should be aired, and while I dislike the ‘rant’ type of post where dollies are thrown out of prams, if that is how someone feels, then they are perfectly entitled to express it.

As mine and seemingly many others’ experiences have shown, the 321 does have some disappointing issues with its design, manufacture, and quality control. Revolution will be acutely aware of these, and as frustrated as we are I would imagine.

Farish’s 319 doesn’t seem to be immune from the same coupling problems either if early reports are accurate, and there really needs to be some cross-industry thinking on this if conductive couplings are going to become commonplace. 

David