Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu,

Mike replied as I was writing but to add a little detail to the 320 question...

At the moment the Saltire is most popular, then the Strathclyde orange, then SPT maroon/cream.

Ironically, the maroon cream livery might be the best compromise as it is suitable from being phased in in the late 90s alongside the older orange livery, to being phased out in favour of Saltire within the last couple of years.

However, realistically we will have to be guided by our customers. Once we know we are going ahead we will ask people to start putting down deposits for specific liveries. We will almost certainly have to start narrowing things down too.

We understand some people will be unable to compromise, but we hope most will be pragmatic enough to realise that if we cannot do, say, Silverlink then either NSE or LM would be an good next best thing.

Therefore we may have to ask people, if they can, to give an alternative choice. Mike and I will have to figure out some kind of mechanism for this.

cheers

Ben A.

I have put the info on to all of the model railway Facebook groups I am a member of and got someone who didn't know about it until now.

Hopefully 1 last push for the rest of this month will push it over the line.

Alistair

I would imagine that once the tooling takes place and the model starts becoming real, there would be quite a few more takers so would it still be financially viable to launch the model and gain the final expressions of interest during the tooling stage.

Undoubtedly the interest in the Pendolino has increased dramatically since the first EP's have been released.

Hi

Ironically, the maroon cream livery might be the best compromise as it is suitable from being phased in in the late 90s alongside the older orange livery, to being phased out in favour of Saltire within the last couple of years.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the insight.....realistically if only one livery was to be produced, I would expect it to be the Saltire livery as that would sit better with the C&M 156, the Farish 158/170... And, of course, the Pendolino. The SPTE red livery is only matched by the original Farish 101 limited edition version, but would sit nicely with the recent 47/7s.

A word of caution about the carmine and cream as there has been a couple of variations depending on the cab door window modifications....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

There is a lack of supporting models to prevent the East Anglian options being terribly feasible....

Oh I dunno about that, Dapol 86s in most relevant liveries (excluding Anglia but including Intercity Swallow), Mk2 air cons in Intercity Swallow due at some point in the next few months(or years) from Farish and DBSOs (even if the earlier style front). There's also a a Farish 170 Turbostar in one "refresher" livery, 150 in Regional Railways, and Dapol 153 and 156 in Regional and now Central Trains "express" (common on Norwich services). Plus no end of Freightliner stock. As with most lines it's the lack of supporting EMUs ...

Justin

• RMweb Gold

Hi Justin,

Some very good points there. Perhaps the DBSOs from Farish will be a game changer - though I wonder how keen they would be to re-run their Mk3s in Anglia or One colours to go with new-standard DBSO...

Like Mike I am fond of the refresher One livery, and I have a Turbostar in those colours, so I'd quite like to see that one done....

But it's up to people to sign up for it!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

You talked me into adding an order for a "one" unit, in addition to the 2x Great Eastern and 2x NSE units I'd already put down for. I'd be happy to swap for one or possibly even two more NSE or FGE if "one" doesn't make the cut. Likewise, I'd happily pay a bit more per unit to make sure they go ahead, if it comes to it!

In agreement with earlier posts. I am one who would pay more for the model, I'm in for 3 Pendo's already and the more modern EMU's, DMU's that get made the better as far as I am concerned.

I just turned 54, when I was 6 steam was just being phased out in the North West. I wasn't a spotter so my only recollection of the 70's is DMU after DMU at my local station and no freight.

I 'understand' the magic of steam but surely there have to be enough modellers of contemporary trains to make this model worth while.

Regards,

John P

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks

Just a quick reminder that expressions of interest in the 320/321 (and 456) close on 31 January 2016.  We will announce the results shortly afterwards on our website.

If you are interested in any of a 320, 321 or 456 please express your interest on our website by 31 January.

Cheers, Mike

Hello folks

Just a quick reminder that expressions of interest in the 320/321 (and 456) close on 31 January 2016.  We will announce the results shortly afterwards on our website.

If you are interested in any of a 320, 321 or 456 please express your interest on our website by 31 January.

Cheers, Mike

I really hope this goes ahead. How close are we Mike?

Hi Mike & Ben,

Having just read the last two pages of the posts here, it all seems focused on the 320.

I was really looking for information WRT the 21/29.

My personal position is, that there would be less research required with the early Diesel as Dapol has already done the vast majority of it already with the 4mm version.

So if there are any waverers who model the transition era in N, pleased pledge your support and get the 21/29 over the finish line before it's too late.

Ray "Pepsi" Colla

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid that you will have to wait until after 31 January (ie less than 2 weeks)! Our previous updates give all the information that we can give at the moment - we are happy with the levels of interest but we are not yet at the level of interest that makes it a certainty.

Apologies for the cage-iness but we don't have long to wait until we announce what is happening.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Update on the GE line.

There is at least one LM 321 now running as part of Abellio 321 sets into Liverpool Street. Presumably awaiting a repaint.

At rear of 8 car unit (IIRC) at Stratford going towards LS

gallery_24698_3502_16820.jpg

Edited by ruggedpeak