Triang TT Technical advice

Marakas

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place?

A buddy has asked me about 3mm BR MK1 coaches and detailing parts for them and where best to start with/in 3mm. I'm moderately interested too.

We are aware of the 3mm Society etc. Are there lots of parts and kits available, is the Society a large or small concern? Eg hundreds or thousands of members?

Just wanted some practical advice too please, namely:-

1) Best BR MK1 Coaches (Kitmaster)?

2) Start with a 3mm Society wagon and MK1 coach kit and see how it goes?

3)Which loco kit is good to start with (WR, end of steam beginning of diesel era)?

4) Track? Peco or Society track? Mulling over 12mm gauge to - kind of - finescale standards, using Peco track (he and I don't fancy building track in the smaller scales). Neither of us have any 3mm stock.

Many thanks for any feedback, comments or ideas.

Atvb

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

On 04/03/2021 at 23:35, CME and Bottlewasher said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place?

A buddy has asked me about 3mm BR MK1 coaches and detailing parts for them and where best to start with/in 3mm. I'm moderately interested too.

We are aware of the 3mm Society etc. Are there lots of parts and kits available, is the Society a large or small concern? Eg hundreds or thousands of members?

3)Which loco kit is good to start with (WR, end of steam beginning of diesel era)?

4) Track? Peco or Society track? Mulling over 12mm gauge to - kind of - finescale standards, using Peco track (he and I don't fancy building track in the smaller scales). Neither of us have any 3mm stock.

Atvb

CME

Hi,  I can only answer from my perspective and not others who have a different view.  I am a member of the 3mm society and as far as I know there are about 550 - 600 members worldwide.  They do have quite a range of items but very few interest me as I prefer Tri-ang based models which do not go down too well with a lot of members who prefer to be more scale as such.

I have Kitmasters which are good but I mount mine on Tri-ang bogies.  There were some etched ones but no idea if still available but they were too thin for me, like tissue paper, but some found them okay.

The coaches are not society kits but from an outside source, the society does not have any coach kits but plenty of wagons.  I like their Parkside wagons but only the bodies which I mount on Tri-ang wagon bases and discard the kit chassis.

Loco kits are quite debateable, I have only had 3 or 4  society kits and very disappointed in them, usually they have been scaled down from 4mm and 7mm kits and from my point of view, it is my view, they are quite poor, BUT, I know a lot of people like them have have built reasonable models from them.  There are quite a few 3D printed models available to the public and are mainly for scratchbuilt chassis's but 2 are for Tri-ang and I modify Tri-ang to fit others like the two tanks here.  These 3D models are available from lennyapplegreen on Ebay who has a a lot more than advertised.  He also does diesels and some are also shown but mine are Tri-ang bogie powered.

There are no RTR chassis for BR outline so you have to scratchbuild or modify Tri-ang.  The latter is not always possible and then getting a motor to fit is not as easy since Mashima stopped production so you will need to source some from somewhere.  The society do sell a range of wheels in 12mm, 13.5mm and 14.2mm gauge but these are not for me and I have read various thoughts on them.

I have a couple of layouts, the small one is a portable model using Tri-ang Type A track, my main layout uses Peco.  Peco points and Tri-ang wheels do not mix so either the loco wheels are pushed out about .25 to .5mm out on their axles which means they will not go around Tri-ang track curves very well, or, open up the Peco point checkrails slightly.  This is what I do and takes about 30 seconds per normal point.  Curved points and double slips will take longer as there is more to do on them but I have about 14 curved points and 2 double slips all running Tri-ang wheels through.  I have never tried the society track as like most items it does not interest me although many do use it.

You can look back through here or go to "When TT3 was the next big thing" and see a lot more of what I have done along with some from others.  At the end of the day it is what your prefer to do yourself.

Garry 

Standard 3 82039.JPG

Fowler 42305.JPG

Diesel selection 1.JPG

Edited by Golden Fleece 30
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Hi,  I can only answer from my perspective and not others who have a different view.  I am a member of the 3mm society and as far as I know there are about 550 - 600 members worldwide.  They do have quite a range of items but very few interest me as I prefer Tri-ang based models which do not go down too well with a lot of members who prefer to be more scale as such.

I have Kitmasters which are good but I mount mine on Tri-ang bogies.  There were some etched ones but no idea if still available but they were too thin for me, like tissue paper, but some found them okay.

The coaches are not society kits but from an outside source, the society does not have any coach kits but plenty of wagons.  I like their Parkside wagons but only the bodies which I mount on Tri-ang wagon bases and discard the kit chassis.

Loco kits are quite debateable, I have only had 3 or 4 and very disappointed in them, usually they have been scaled down from 4mm and 7mm kits and from my point of view, it is my view, they are quite poor, BUT, I know a lot of people like them have have built reasonable models from them.  

There are no RTR chassis for BR outline so you have to scratchbuild or modify Tri-ang.  The latter is not always possible and then getting a motor to fit is not as easy since Mashima stopped production so you will need to source some from somewhere.  The society do sell a range of wheels in 12mm, 13.5mm and 14.2mm gauge but these are not for me and I have read various thoughts on them.

You can look back through here or go to "When TT3 was the next big thing" and see a lot more of what I have done along with some from others.  At the end of the day it is what your prefer to do yourself.

Garry 

Hi Garry,

Thanks for the reply. Lots to think about and a lot of valid information and comments - I'll get together with my buddy, when it's allowed, put our thinking caps on.

Just seen your photos, very nice models indeed.

The cessation of Mashima has caused problems across several scales and gauges, some replacements are okay, some not, you knew where you stood with Mashima. I'm guessing that 12mm gauge means not a lot of room between the frames either.

Interesting that BR MK1s are still from yesteryear, popular coach, I'm surprised the Society don't make/have them made (but then it depends what the 600 members model I guess).

I'll have a look at the details you suggested.

You've put some meat on the bones for us - I admire your dedication to Tri-ang TT, very cool imho.

I think that 3mm/TT is great - but then I can admire it from afar, don't have to deal with the challenges (I may get roped in though).

Thanks again for the informative, comprehensive reply.

Best wishes,

CME

1 hour ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

Hi Garry,

Thanks for the reply. Lots to think about and a lot of valid information and comments - we'll get together, when it's allowed, put our thinking caps on.

The cessation of Mashima has caused problems across several scales and gauges, some replacements are okay, some not, you knew where you stood with Mashima. I'm guessing that 12mm gauge means not a lot of room between the frames either.

Interesting that BR MK1s are still from yesteryear, popular coach, I'm surprised the Society don't make/have them made (but then it depends what the 600 members model I guess).

I'll have a look at the details you suggested.

You've put some meat on the bones for us - I admire your dedication to Tri-ang TT, very cool imho.

I think that 3mm/TT is great - but then I can admire it from afar, don't have to deal with the challenges (I may get roped in though).

Thanks again for the informative, comprehensive reply.

Best wishes,

CME

Hi, you can look at Worsley Works for their coach kits and see if suitable for your requirements but for me too thin.  Attached is a 3mm kit of their Schools which in my opinion is poor as the brass is far too thin and the fit of the boiler not good.  I did write and got a snooty letter back saying others had no problems.  The smokebox front sits in the etched recess and the cab follows the valances and footplate so I have done nothing wrong during construction.  I will say I do like TT but not a lot of the items which are made these days.  It depends on what your requirements are and also your capabilities.  There are lots of really nice TT layouts, like Redford junction by Paul Hopkins and looking on the internet you might see other layouts he has built.  This one uses society track and other items.  The GC tank here is a 3D printed body and I drew up and had etched a nickel chassis fitted with a Mashima motor.

This is  Portsea (2nd layout in) built by Paul Hopkins, some of the EMU's I think are Kitmaster mods.  

Garry

Garry

Schools gap.JPG

Schools tender side.JPG

GC tank varnished.JPG

redford-junction-01.jpg

redford-junction-02.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Hi, you can look at Worsley Works for their coach kits and see if suitable for your requirements but for me too thin.  Attached is a 3mm kit of their Schools which in my opinion is poor as the brass is far too thin and the fit of the boiler not good.  I did write and got a snooty letter back saying others had no problems.  The smokebox front sits in the etched recess and the cab follows the valances and footplate so I have done nothing wrong during construction.  I will say I do like TT but not a lot of the items which are made these days.  It depends on what your requirements are and also your capabilities.  There are lots of really nice TT layouts, like Redford junction by Paul Hopkins and looking on the internet you might see other layouts he has built.  This one uses society track and other items.  The GC tank here is a 3D printed body and I drew up and had etched a nickel chassis fitted with a Mashima motor.

This is  Portsea (2nd layout in) built by Paul Hopkins, some of the EMU's I think are Kitmaster mods.  

Garry

Garry

Schools gap.JPG

Schools tender side.JPG

GC tank varnished.JPG

redford-junction-01.jpg

redford-junction-02.jpg

Very nice layout and 3DP loco.

The kit? I concur! I would have thought that most structural parts of a 3mm loco should be of a similar thickness to that of a 4mm kit, with strategic other parts in thinner material akin to 2mm models. Better still nickel silver. Their reply? Seems par for the course when taken to task, 'no one else has had a problem', I think some suppliers use that as a form of gaslighting (I'm not saying that's the case here, but if you've sent photos like that, something is clearly wrong with that batch of etches).

I've built models in 2mm, 4mm, 7mm, 16mm, plus RC cars, boats and aircraft etc. Everyday is a school day. Trying a new scale a van or open kit is a good starting place, Ive found. Noted some of the 3DP diesel bodies and ARTR chassis for such, they look okay, quite nice in fact.

Ive seen some great TT layouts in various publications, I'm going dig some out for my mate (if I can find them lol!). Most used, iirc, TT 12mm gauge track. 

Thanks again Garry, looking forward to watching the video.

• Like 1

1.  The BR period is not my era of expertise so I can't advise on the best Mk1 coaches. The options are Triang, Kitmaster or Comet/Worsley works overlays on bodyshells of the former. The Society second hand shop has good stocks of used Triang that can be used for that purpose.

2.  A Society Parkside wagon kit -or two - would be a good place to start. With two you could also make one to each of the gauges (12mm or 14.2mm) and see which you like. The one you don't choose can always be regauged later.

3.  Anything Western and I have to pass.

4.  I'll start by listing the options. The Society range in 14.2mm gauge is - so far - a plastic sleeper base into which Society code 60BH rail is threaded to produce flexible track. The result looks pretty good. In addition there are loose chairs available and there should be some laser-cut ply point-bases and lost wax cast crossings available too.

In 12mm gauge the most popular option now is, I believe, to use PECO HOm track. Occasionally GEM and other stuff from the 1960s turn up in the Society second hand but supply would be erratic and the quality is not that good either. The range of materials available to small manufacturers back then was not great and things like fibre sleepers age.

Recommendation? Ah, how do I fancy tiptoeing through this minefield :o. From a looks point of view 14.2mm gauge wins. It is the correct gauge with wheel profiles that are not quite scale but are a lot finer than the wheels of other standards. Like all finescale standards though it requires work to make reliable running. Many achieve that, the late Peter Bossom had layouts built to that standard on the exhibition circuit that worked very well, as does Ballyconnell Road, also built to finescale standards albeit with the gauge pushed out to 15.75mm for Irish broad gauge. I would recommend 14.2 to anyone with the skills and patience to get the results.

Against that, 12mm gauge is a lot more forgiving, and as Paul Hopkins shows with his exhibition layouts, can also deliver good results. But be aware that Triang and Society wheel standards for 12mm gauge are different. And PECO's HOm standards are different again. Mixing and matching still requires tweaking.

I will copy these questions over to an internal Society discussion board to try and solicit more answers for you.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Both Wim and Garry have given a good summary.

I have a  good collection  of 12mm models , coaches from Worsley works are built on the Comet system and make up well - Allen does just do the etched parts and an aluminium roof. The society shop  and 3SMR can provide parts and both offer excellent service.  

Locos  well for an important part of a model hobby as ours is as  a mixed bag as you can imagine. Garry has shown worst and best - but no different to other scales - not to say that is right of course. But on 3mm we do not have the luxury of a body plonked on an rtr chassis - this little caveat is what has bought in most members- a desire to be swimming against the flow !! - salmon do the same and they seem to do ok !!  

Certainly a small challenge that one mm in scale means a lot in volume reduction and working in 2mm is small enough 3mm is luxury !   going from 4 to 3 adds to the "fun."

Track well depends on them mood, as a builders scale with a very broad church society does mean a multiplicity of standards , Peco track intended for HOm does very well with a limited turnout range and is ready to plonk at 12mm. Society track parts give a good bullhead plain , points are buildable or via 3SMR a ready to lay range is orderable.  It would be good to have a finetrax style 3D printed base but as Wayne has found that there are as many 4mm standards as planets in the solar system... 3mm seems no different, every proponent says their way is the true path !!!!!! Templot has files to suit. Your OP suggested no track building - well Peco is your track of uk choice for a 12mm track. 

Mind you having used peco and made rolling stock fit you will be very happy and wonder why you did not make the move earlier.      

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/     is going to be a good place to start and welcome ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Another very fine layout is John Suttons "Southwell".  The photo attached is from John's site.

http://s116425720.websitehome.co.uk/MemberLayouts/southwell/southwell.htm

Yes, but I didn't mention it because it is famously a "layout that never leaves home", thus not one readers here are likely to have seen as an exhibition. When, somewhere around the time of the 50 year celebs, it was suggested to John he might take it to an exhibition as it was a layout that had been in the model press his reaction was to get longer screws for the brackets attaching it to the walls. Exhibitions are not John's thing.

• Funny 2

27 minutes ago, whart57 said:

Yes, but I didn't mention it because it is famously a "layout that never leaves home", thus not one readers here are likely to have seen as an exhibition. When, somewhere around the time of the 50 year celebs, it was suggested to John he might take it to an exhibition as it was a layout that had been in the model press his reaction was to get longer screws for the brackets attaching it to the walls. Exhibitions are not John's thing.

I just mentioned it as what can be achieved not just exhibition ones. I would guess there are more stay at home ones than exhibition ones. 

Its like all layouts whether N, TT, HO, 00, 0, gauge 1 there will be excellent ones as well as others, but, everyone has different capabilities and experiences so what might appear poor to one person they should realise that the owner will be proud of what he has achieved and it is not to criticise. There will always be different standards of models built from card, to plastic, to 3d, to scratchbuilt brass/nicke and one should not be percieved as better, or the only way, against the others. 

Garry 

Edited by Silverfox17
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Atvb

CME

You're probably aware of the 3mm Society web page. If not:

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/

Taking from that site, the price list and illustrated catalogue will give you a good idea of what's available:

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/products/price-list

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/products/catalogue

In summary, loads of (good quality) wagon kits, a number of locomotive kits, nothing in coaches apart from NPCS kits, and loads of fittings and other things. Society membership is in the 100s. There are extensive second-hand stocks. The Society used to sell plastic GWR B-set coaches which were useful for getting started; it may still be possible to get hold of these from various sources.

1) Best BR MK1 Coaches (Kitmaster)? Kitmaster are certainly the easiest to put together and are nice models. You might want to consider replacing the wheels. It's possible to rewheel  Triang coaches, which are based on Mk 1s. If you know Comet's methods for building coaches Worsley kits are the same, or you can stick the sides on a plastic body. This is a GWR toplight with Worsley sides stuck on a B set coach which has had the sides replaced by Society clear plastic sides:DSCN0156x1.jpg.ff84a30e7f0365242bbf6fcb56848e7c.jpg

2) Start with a 3mm Society wagon and MK1 coach kit and see how it goes?  Or even just a couple of wagons. You need to decide on wheels. And couplings; Triang, B&B, D&G and others are available; I use B&B.

3)Which loco kit is good to start with (WR, end of steam beginning of diesel era)? The Society does several GWR white metal loco kits; the 45XX prairie comes in white metal or etched (Mitchell) body versions, both with a Mitchell etched chassis; this is the white metal one:

g1020402.jpg.40eac0c271925d9debc72687fbfaee07.jpg

3SMR does a number of kits, including the 57XX. There's a very nice Brynkits fold-up etched chassis which can be used with this.

4) Track? Peco for getting started quickly in 12mm gauge. Nicely made, looks OK.

12mm restrictions? High Level does two Slimliner gearboxes which fit, although might be discontinuing them. Branchlines stocks suitable Romford gears and gearboxes. Motors usually need to fit between the wheels so 12mm wide motors are usually out.

Nigel

Edited by NCB
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 06/03/2021 at 08:43, whart57 said:

1.  The BR period is not my era of expertise so I can't advise on the best Mk1 coaches. The options are Triang, Kitmaster or Comet/Worsley works overlays on bodyshells of the former. The Society second hand shop has good stocks of used Triang that can be used for that purpose.

2.  A Society Parkside wagon kit -or two - would be a good place to start. With two you could also make one to each of the gauges (12mm or 14.2mm) and see which you like. The one you don't choose can always be regauged later.

3.  Anything Western and I have to pass.

4.  I'll start by listing the options. The Society range in 14.2mm gauge is - so far - a plastic sleeper base into which Society code 60BH rail is threaded to produce flexible track. The result looks pretty good. In addition there are loose chairs available and there should be some laser-cut ply point-bases and lost wax cast crossings available too.

In 12mm gauge the most popular option now is, I believe, to use PECO HOm track. Occasionally GEM and other stuff from the 1960s turn up in the Society second hand but supply would be erratic and the quality is not that good either. The range of materials available to small manufacturers back then was not great and things like fibre sleepers age.

Recommendation? Ah, how do I fancy tiptoeing through this minefield :o. From a looks point of view 14.2mm gauge wins. It is the correct gauge with wheel profiles that are not quite scale but are a lot finer than the wheels of other standards. Like all finescale standards though it requires work to make reliable running. Many achieve that, the late Peter Bossom had layouts built to that standard on the exhibition circuit that worked very well, as does Ballyconnell Road, also built to finescale standards albeit with the gauge pushed out to 15.75mm for Irish broad gauge. I would recommend 14.2 to anyone with the skills and patience to get the results.

Against that, 12mm gauge is a lot more forgiving, and as Paul Hopkins shows with his exhibition layouts, can also deliver good results. But be aware that Triang and Society wheel standards for 12mm gauge are different. And PECO's HOm standards are different again. Mixing and matching still requires tweaking.

I will copy these questions over to an internal Society discussion board to try and solicit more answers for you.

Sage advice, thank you for the comprehensive reply.

My friend and I have googled Comet and Worsley for MK1 coach kits/sides the only thing that came up were Worsley chassis. We have looked over a few days but with searches, if a comma or full stop etc., is in the wrong place items don't reveal themselves? My initial thoughts were that both options were no longer available. Iirc Comet sold up? Some of the 4mm range went to Peter's Spares? Don't quote me on that....

On 06/03/2021 at 09:42, Robert Shrives said:

Hi 

Both Wim and Garry have given a good summary.

I have a  good collection  of 12mm models , coaches from Worsley works are built on the Comet system and make up well - Allen does just do the etched parts and an aluminium roof. The society shop  and 3SMR can provide parts and both offer excellent service.  

Locos  well for an important part of a model hobby as ours is as  a mixed bag as you can imagine. Garry has shown worst and best - but no different to other scales - not to say that is right of course. But on 3mm we do not have the luxury of a body plonked on an rtr chassis - this little caveat is what has bought in most members- a desire to be swimming against the flow !! - salmon do the same and they seem to do ok !!  

Certainly a small challenge that one mm in scale means a lot in volume reduction and working in 2mm is small enough 3mm is luxury !   going from 4 to 3 adds to the "fun."

Track well depends on them mood, as a builders scale with a very broad church society does mean a multiplicity of standards , Peco track intended for HOm does very well with a limited turnout range and is ready to plonk at 12mm. Society track parts give a good bullhead plain , points are buildable or via 3SMR a ready to lay range is orderable.  It would be good to have a finetrax style 3D printed base but as Wayne has found that there are as many 4mm standards as planets in the solar system... 3mm seems no different, every proponent says their way is the true path !!!!!! Templot has files to suit. Your OP suggested no track building - well Peco is your track of uk choice for a 12mm track. 

Mind you having used peco and made rolling stock fit you will be very happy and wonder why you did not make the move earlier.      

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/     is going to be a good place to start and welcome ! 

And again, many thanks.

I agree, one man's meat is another's poison, the true religion etc? Everyone has a different POV. I think that we'll have to dig out some old magazines with articles on 3mm layouts in and see what looks and feels right - for any longer term projects/commitments.....

On 06/03/2021 at 11:10, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Another very fine layout is John Suttons "Southwell".  The photo attached is from John's site.

http://s116425720.websitehome.co.uk/MemberLayouts/southwell/southwell.htm

Garry

WDA.jpg

Yes a superb layout I've seen in the modelling press several times, not sure, at this stage, we could achieve those standards, it is inspiring though....

On 06/03/2021 at 12:58, NCB said:

You're probably aware of the 3mm Society web page. If not:

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/

Taking from that site, the price list and illustrated catalogue will give you a good idea of what's available:

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/products/price-list

https://sites.google.com/site/3mmpublic/products/catalogue

In summary, loads of (good quality) wagon kits, a number of locomotive kits, nothing in coaches apart from NPCS kits, and loads of fittings and other things. Society membership is in the 100s. There are extensive second-hand stocks. The Society used to sell plastic GWR B-set coaches which were useful for getting started; it may still be possible to get hold of these from various sources.

1) Best BR MK1 Coaches (Kitmaster)? Kitmaster are certainly the easiest to put together and are nice models. You might want to consider replacing the wheels. It's possible to rewheel  Triang coaches, which are based on Mk 1s. If you know Comet's methods for building coaches Worsley kits are the same, or you can stick the sides on a plastic body. This is a GWR toplight with Worsley sides stuck on a B set coach which has had the sides replaced by Society clear plastic sides:DSCN0156x1.jpg.ff84a30e7f0365242bbf6fcb56848e7c.jpg

2) Start with a 3mm Society wagon and MK1 coach kit and see how it goes?  Or even just a couple of wagons. You need to decide on wheels. And couplings; Triang, B&B, D&G and others are available; I use B&B.

3)Which loco kit is good to start with (WR, end of steam beginning of diesel era)? The Society does several GWR white metal loco kits; the 45XX prairie comes in white metal or etched (Mitchell) body versions, both with a Mitchell etched chassis; this is the white metal one:

g1020402.jpg.40eac0c271925d9debc72687fbfaee07.jpg

3SMR does a number of kits, including the 57XX. There's a very nice Brynkits fold-up etched chassis which can be used with this.

4) Track? Peco for getting started quickly in 12mm gauge. Nicely made, looks OK.

12mm restrictions? High Level does two Slimliner gearboxes which fit, although might be discontinuing them. Branchlines stocks suitable Romford gears and gearboxes. Motors usually need to fit between the wheels so 12mm wide motors are usually out.

Nigel

Hi, yes, thanks again, I've used the Comet system and have done similar in 7mm. My friend has built various wagon kits, Airfix kits so that might help. It's a good way of modifying coaches, with careful work.

We've found the 3mm Society catalogue now, which is helpful, came across the 3smr catalogue too. Struggling to locate either Comet or Worsley etched stick on sides etc - we will keep looking though.

Thank you all, for the insights and advice. 

Our hearts tell us to build track etc to 'fine scale' standards, but our age, health etc and minds say to go for Peco track and moderate wheel standards if that is an easier and achievable root. We may be able to acquire some unused baseboards too - which would help.

Lots to think about and consider for sure.

It would be very easy to go for 00 or EM but there is a draw, and the appeal, of 3mm, it seems right somehow, especially in smaller homes. And as you fellows say, there are some superbly inspiring layouts out there.

Many thanks again, best wishes,

CME

51 minutes ago, CME and Bottlewasher said:

My friend and I have googled Comet and Worsley for MK1 coach kits/sides the only thing that came up were Worsley chassis. We have looked over a few days but with searches, if a comma or full stop etc., is in the wrong place items don't reveal themselves? My initial thoughts were that both options were no longer available. Iirc Comet sold up? Some of the 4mm range went to Peter's Spares? Don't quote me on that....

Try here: http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/3mm/3mm_BR_Mark_1.htm

• Thanks 1

On 07/03/2021 at 15:16, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Here is the link to Worsley,  it is not an easy site to work around though but 3mm is there in various places. http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/

Also a screen print of their coaches.

Garry

Worsley works coaches.jpg

Thanks, much appreciated.

On 07/03/2021 at 15:36, whart57 said:

Likewise, thank you.

On 07/03/2021 at 22:43, Golden Fleece 30 said:

5 coaches now ready to go with the Coronation buffet. I have been thinking I may look at getting some A4 numbers and LNER etched in nickel for my blue A4, should look better on the loco than the shaded yellow ones if these coaches are behind.

Garry

DSC00916.JPG

Very nice indeed, clever conversion.

Thanks fellas, much obliged.

Best wishes,

CME

Got the drawings done for the WD and 8F chassis's now so just a little wait until they are etched and delivered.  The WD will have some overlays for the Tri-ang wheels and will be fitted to Lenny Seeney's WD 3D printed bodies.  The 8F is to replace the 3mm society one with a more sturdy frame work and fit Tri-ang wheels and motor then fit to the kit body which having a whitemetal boiler and firebox will give it some weight.  

Garry

WD chassis etch.jpg

8F chassis etch.jpg

• Like 1