Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2015

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

You may well be right - thinking back to when I had free parking, it was for the Caravan Show (sorry!) which filled every hall so there weren't any other events on and we just drove out of the car park as there were no ticket collectors on duty.

Hi Mike

I am pretty sure this years Caravan Show in October was free parking.

But I still went by train, about a tenner from Stone (staffs) with senior railcard.

Terry

Hi all

I'll be there with probably the smallest layout in the show

N gauge layout called Cross Heath

46 inches long including fiddle yard x 5 inches wide based in the 1970's

We're in the micro layout section

It's is its last show before it's sold on.

Thinking quite seriously of this, then I looked at the train fares https://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/KENTON/BIRMINGHAM%20INTERNATIONAL/28/11/15/09/15/LeaveAfter/28/11/15/15/30/Leave After/1/0// .

If I do go it'll be by car, but it's a long drive. Whatever happened to day returns?

Regards

Watford Junction -> Birmingham International

£27 (Off Peak Return) (LM)

Kenton -> Watford Junction

£11.60 (Off Peak Day Return)

= £38.60

Virgin Trains will give 25% off advances to NEC though for NEC events...

Kenton -> Watford Junction

£11.60 (Off Peak Day Return)

WCML Trains are all for the idea of cheaper fares for advance bookings though!

Some currently available advances:

Watford Junction Out on Saturday

Dep: 06:37 Arr: 07:33  £5.25

Dep: 07:37 Arr: 08:33  £10.50

Dep: 08:37 Arr: 09:33  £14.25

Dep: 09:37 Arr: 10:33  £14.25

Dep: 10:37 Arr: 11:33  £24.75

Dep: 11:38 Arr: 12:32  £14.25

Dep: 12:37 Arr: 13:33  £14.25

Dep: 13:37 Arr: 14:33  £6.25

Watford Junction Return on Saturday

Dep: 13:40 Arr: 14:39  £6.75

Dep: 14:40 Arr: 15:39  £6.75

Dep: 15:40 Arr: 16:39  £6.75

Dep: 16:40 Arr: 17:39  £10.50

Dep: 17:40 Arr: 18:39  £14.25

Dep: 18:40 Arr: 19:39  £24.75

Dep: 19:40 Arr: 20:39  £14.25

Dep: 20:40 Arr: 21:39  £14.25

Watford Junction Out on Sunday

Dep: 09:07 Arr: 10:35  £10.50

Dep: 10:05 Arr: 11:34  £10.50

Dep: 11:05 Arr: 12:33  £10.50

Dep: 12:05 Arr: 13:33  £10.50

Dep: 13:05 Arr: 14:33  £10.50

Watford Junction Return on Sunday

Dep: 13:40 Arr: 14:38  £10.50

Dep: 14:40 Arr: 15:38  £10.50

Dep: 15:40 Arr: 16:38  £10.50

Dep: 16:40 Arr: 17:38  £10.50

Dep: 17:40 Arr: 18:38  £10.50

Dep: 18:40 Arr: 19:38  £10.50

Dep: 19:40 Arr: 20:38  £10.50

Chiltern are the more flexible option for London to Birmingham as they have much cheaper day returns, though they don't go from Kenton or Birmingham International!

Result !

Just found out I'm on a course in Doncaster at 9 on the Monday which means I can legitimately leave home 12 hours early, pass Warley, spend the day there and still get to Donny for Sunday night - all at the Companies' expense (except the entry fee) :locomotive:

Watford Junction -> Birmingham International

Thanks for that, but why don't they come up online? Presumably the traveller has to re-book at Watford which all adds to delay and the traveller would have to assume that the ticket clerk knew of the offers.

Again thanks for the info.

Regards

Hi Mike

I am pretty sure this years Caravan Show in October was free parking.

But I still went by train, about a tenner from Stone (staffs) with senior railcard.

Terry

Are you sure the free parking wasn't just for the travelling Gypsies attending the show? :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Result !

Just found out I'm on a course in Doncaster at 9 on the Monday which means I can legitimately leave home 12 hours early, pass Warley, spend the day there and still get to Donny for Sunday night - all at the Companies' expense (except the entry fee) :locomotive:

Good to see someone else working the system.

When I was working its seems that I was always working south of London whenever the Swanley NG exhibition was to take place the next day.

Terry

In terms of the Virgin trains car park they seem to promote its use for the NEC at the weekend as when i attended the classic motor show the other week there were signs advocating its use.  I know about 5 years ago they tried to stop it but since then the old wasteground now has a car park on it and they also have the multi storey car park which has increased the space allowance.

Edit - just checked the virgin trains website and it quotes £5 to park all day on saturday and sunday 28th and 29th.

Paul

In terms of the Virgin trains car park they seem to promote its use for the NEC at the weekend as when i attended the classic motor show the other week there were signs advocating its use.  I know about 5 years ago they tried to stop it but since then the old wasteground now has a car park on it and they also have the multi storey car park which has increased the space allowance.

Edit - just checked the virgin trains website and it quotes £5 to park all day on saturday and sunday 28th and 29th.

Paul

As I said in an earlier post. Great value.

Dave

Dave

Yes your next to us with Stu behind it will be a good weekend.

Mine is still smaller think of the actual width as well

See ya

Steve

Bring some sweets with you like the other week.

Dave

Yes your next to us with Stu behind it will be a good weekend.

Mine is still smaller think of the actual width as well

See ya

Steve

Bring some sweets with you like the other week.

• RMweb Gold

Taking the wrong layout would be a first! ;)

Oh no it wouldn't , although it wasn't at Warley:-))

Jerry,

(who has done right layout wrong stock, wrong layout right stock and right layout no stock - and at Bristol last year, right layout, right stock, no fiddle yard!) .......... don't worry Barry I know what I'm bringing up on Friday!

Oh no it wouldn't , although it wasn't at Warley:-))

Jerry,

(who has done right layout wrong stock, wrong layout right stock and right layout no stock - and at Bristol last year, right layout, right stock, no fiddle yard!) .......... don't worry Barry I know what I'm bringing up on Friday!

So Jerry goes through his checklist upon arrival at Warley: "layout - check; fiddle yard - check; stock - check; electrics - check; drapes - check. Oh sh1t, I've left Kim behind."

Bill

Archived