Nucast

11 hours ago, Asterix2012 said:

See above from page 5 the 1334 is already available.

Must be why these came on to the market, thankfully I can now get a chassis for the second one, plus any missing parts if any. Thankfully I paid no where near the list price

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, hayfield said:

Must be why these came on to the market, thankfully I can now get a chassis for the second one, plus any missing parts if any. Thankfully I paid no where near the list price

https://website.rumneymodels.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/MSWJR_2-4-0_Instructions.pdf

Rumney  models do a chassis too 

Several people have asked about the GWR 2500 gallon tender as there seems to have been some confusion. The small 2500g belongs with the outside framed "Duke" and the Beyer Peacock 322. It has a 6'6" x 6'6" axle spacing whereas the 3000g which went with the Dean Goods and Aberdare is 7'6" x 7'6".

The Nucast 2500g  was a new version and came with etched chassis, brake gear etc.

Photos of my 322 Beyer-Peacock and "Duke" as well as Dean Goods attached to illustrate

SAM_5593.JPG

NC024.jpg

scan0006.jpg

I was talking with a good friend, yesterday would used to cast for Nucast, and he confirmed that when the K's moulds arrived, in the North,  the short tender was missing and presumed damaged/scrapped and was not in the tooling list that along with the Nucast tools, where sold on to an outfit in Lincolnshire (pre Autocom) . The tool for the bogie siphon was there but water damaged beyond repair.

Mike Wiltshire

I recently obtained a Siphon F kit which is now awaiting final painting.  The kit was supplied with American bogies which  have been fitted with Romford/Markits pin-point wheels and brass buffers in place of the white-metal versions.

Referencing  Jim Russell's "Great Western Coaches" confirms that only six "F" Siphons were constructed in 1906 to Diagram 0.7  with a choice of three different bogies - originally 9' Volute, then later American 9' or 7' plate. Presumably K's chose the American as these were already available to them, having  been created for their Autocoach kit.

SAM_7503.JPG

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/09/2022 at 18:16, Kitman said:

We've been quiet with the new reissues due to ill health so here is the next reissue kit to come out

NC125 - GER Holden T26 / LNER/BR Class E4

The kit includes a choice of chimney, safety valves and cab  sides.

Cast in whitemetal with an etched brass loco chassis.

Price is £110 plus P & P  Wheels Motor Gearbox/gears are not included.

1623313103_NC125-GER-LMS-BRHoldenE4boxtoppicture.jpg.4127d373d89c650fe0a5a2a16c30879d.jpg

We hope to have news of some more planned reissues later this autumn

PM sent!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• 1 month later...

Branchlines will be at Warley with the full range of Nucast kits we have reissued so far.  We hope to see you there.

Our next reissue will be the GWR 26xx Aberdare with either the GWR 3000 gal tender  or  GCR/ROD Robinson tender variants.  We may even have a few by Warley too.  The price has not been decided yet.

As is usual with the reissues new moulds have been made restoring the quality of the castings.  Where possible we try to add some extra details too.

Once we have completed our test build we will put up some photos and more info.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

9 hours ago, Kitman said:

Branchlines will be at Warley with the full range of Nucast kits we have reissued so far.  We hope to see you there.

Our next reissue will be the GWR 26xx Aberdare with either the GWR 3000 gal tender  or  GCR/ROD Robinson tender variants.  We may even have a few by Warley too. 

Great News

If the Aberdare is available at Warley, I will be looking to buy one. Flying over from Australia next week, for Warley. 

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Kitman said:

Our next reissue will be the GWR 26xx Aberdare with either the GWR 3000 gal tender  or  GCR/ROD Robinson tender variants.  We may even have a few by Warley too.  The price has not been decided yet.

As is usual with the reissues new moulds have been made restoring the quality of the castings.  Where possible we try to add some extra details too.

Once we have completed our test build we will put up some photos and more info.

An Aberdare is going to be mighty tempting!

• Agree 4

I still have my Keyser Aberdare I bought in the early 70's, had to replace both the wheels and motor very early on. I guess the wheels were down to my limited experience in building chassis and not being able to both fettle the wheels and solder the cranks at that time

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

2649-small.jpg.00630b305befef36cfe1bcff18d2d9ae.jpg

I was admiring this very photo last night, as I was anticipating buying the Nucast kit, despite the fact that my loco kit stash has recently entered double figures, but will hopefully begin to decline following my upcoming Missenden course.

Edited by longchap
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, longchap said:

I was admiring this very photo last night, as I was anticipating buying the Nucast kit, despite the fact that my loco kit stash has recently entered double figures, but will hopefully begin to decline following my upcoming Missenden course.

That’s going to make a very fine kit Bill.

I read (on here) recently that it was going to be reissued…. But another company had commissioned an etched chassis to go with the Nucast body… I can’t remember who. Sorry.

Sadly I don’t think I can justify one at Henley-on-Thames.

Good luck though.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

I read (on here) recently that it was going to be reissued…. But another company had commissioned an etched chassis to go with the Nucast body… I can’t remember who. Sorry.

Noworries Neal, I'm certain that full information will be reported here in due course. I'm pleased however that such an intertesting loco is being made available to GWR modellers.

• Agree 2