Nucast

Don't Branchlines already have frames suitable for the outside framed 4-4-0s?

I know they have the City/Atbara frames, but I thought they did a set to convert the City into a Bulldog as well.

The same chassis fret covers both options.

I thought they did, but wasn't quite sure. I keep meaning to pick up a set to do something with that GBL City that I've got.

As we are mentioning things we would like reissuing then I nominate the N15X Remembrance 4-6-0. I doubt anyone else would release a new version, especially not RTR. But when they do turn up on Ebay they go for silly prices.

Jason

Managed to get a couple of photos of the 2021 loco

post-1131-0-49507200-1494838922.jpg

Its the prototype, so production model may differ slightly

post-1131-0-18602200-1494838941.jpg

Also available as a saddle tank, chassis sold separately. Those wanting something a bit simpler a few of the Autocom brass chassis versions available

post-1131-0-55363000-1494838954.jpg

A quick heads up on the Hornby Dublo/ Wrenn R1 etched brass replacement chassis, latest versions have full brake gear. Ideal for improving kits which use these chassis. Also the Triang/Hornby Jinty chassis is available in both tank and tender versions, again to upgrade kits using these

These are Southeastern Finecast chassis, Branchlines also have some good replacement etched chassis

• Like 5

Is that the 517 behind the 2021, please?

Ian

Ian

Gone back to the original photos, best I can do as I was taking a photo of 2021

post-1131-0-25070700-1494913410.jpg

post-1131-0-75449000-1494913395.jpg

I could take a photo(s) in 2 weeks time at Railex

I have one of the Wills locos, Southeastern Finecast has updated the kit

• RMweb Gold

Oooh!

Yes, that does look like a 517 there.

Looks like the piggy bank will have some 'major surgery'. Off to Railex myself. Better not tell Mrs Smith...

Many thanks,

Ian

Edited by tomparryharry

Oooh!

Yes, that does look like a 517 there.

Looks like the piggy bank will have some 'major surgery'. Off to Railex myself. Better not tell Mrs Smith...

Many thanks,

Ian

Ian

Always worth asking Dave to put one aside for you to pick up

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

How has it taken me so long to notice the kit for an A26 ex-railmotor auto trailer? I know a certain collection of now preserved vehicles in late GWR / early BR (W) that it would be perfect for and the next big push is to be the assault on the lack of coaching stock! Has anyone built one of these and have knowledge of what are they like please?

All the best,

Castle

Castle

Bought the Keyser kit, in fact have two or 3. Very heavy and quite basic, later versions with a plastic roof were a bit lighter.

Unless there have been a recent news release the chap at Branchlines is still working on the motor trailer (info from Dave ellis SEF)

Hi John,

Thanks for that - basically what I expected! I have a set of etched sides from Worsley works and sundry other chunks from Dart Castings and Comet et al to do No. 93 (the railmotor trailer).

All the best,

Castle

I've got one of those too and heavy is a bit of a understatement.

My K's 14xx manages perfectly, although I think it would struggle with more than one. The Airfix version struggles even though that can pull a decent size train normally. This is with the old plastic wheels BTW. If it had decent wheels and bearings then I think it would be fine. One to be upgraded in future I think, it needs a repaint anyway.

Jason

• 5 months later...

Doe's anyone think we will see a LNER Sentinel railcar in 4mm again

The Nu-Cast LNER Sentinel Railcar with other items of the Nu-Cast range were bought by South Eastern Finecast.  Earlier this year they released several items including the Sentinel Railcar for GBP95.

I do not know if it is still available.

I read that the body is a bit heavy for the Tenshodo Spud, but not the Black Beetle Motor, so have held off buying one. 

I have some drawings of it so am thinking I might scratch build one in plasticard.  I have a Hornby DMU motor to fit.

Mark

The Nu-Cast LNER Sentinel Railcar with other items of the Nu-Cast range were bought by South Eastern Finecast.  Earlier this year they released several items including the Sentinel Railcar for GBP95.

I read that the body is a bit heavy for the Tenshodo Spud, but not the Black Beetle Motor, so have held off buying one. 

I have some drawings of it so am thinking I might scratch build one in plasticard.  I have a Hornby DMU motor to fit.

Mark

Mark

As far as I know its not a limited edition, so should be available. I see it takes a 28 mm wheelbase power unit. Might be worth seeing if one of the Highlevel units would work

Guest Q663389

Mark

For what it's worth.

My original Sentinel from the 70's uses a Tenshoo Spud, no problems. My 2017 has the Black Beetle and a TS. Will likely use the BB.

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see the GWR Armstrong/Standard goods with its round topped and belpaire firebox options back in production.

Duncan

Could not agree more. I look forward to an Armstrong Goods with round top. The Dean Single would be nice too.

I was on the phone today with Dave a Southeastern Finecast ordering a couple of chassis frets and he asked if I would like a copy of the latest Nucast Partners Flyer. Think there may be a couple of new additions, Think the Southern C2X loco was one.

Will scan and upload when it arrives, also they have done a test set of parts from another loco which the mould has either been revived/renewed, but forget which one.

.....they have done a test set of parts from another loco which the mould has either been revived/renewed, but forget which one.

I wonder if it's the Modified Hall? Based on the sample I've got here, the footplate needs a small correction to the shape of the front frame extensions, but is otherwise quite alright.

Hoping they might get round to assessing the viability of the 15xx shunter eventually.