Dapol Black Label Range

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Arguably the most exciting event of the day.Sample on show was Garter Blue Mallard. Die cast metal. Sound and working lights. DC and DCC. Mallard looked Page Three stuff,I have to say. Versions in Garter Blue,Silver and LNER Green. Release March 2016. £399 !

• RMweb Premium

It's nice to see a more positive situation at Dapol and tobe excited about what they're doing. After Dave Jones left they went through a troubled time and for a while they seemed almost moribund but with the 73 about to hit the shops and looking very good and signs of progress with models like the 68 and GWR railcar and now this initiative there is a lot to beexcited about at Dapol. Well done them, long may it continue!

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Arguably the most exciting event of the day.Sample on show was Garter Blue Mallard. Die cast metal. Sound and working lights. DC and DCC. Mallard looked Page Three stuff,I have to say. Versions in Garter Blue,Silver and LNER Green. Release March 2016. £399 !

And at that price, a box you can store it in, too!

Hat, coat……...

:jester:

Not only that but also synchronised smoke! And not purely from a burning chip.

It's nice to see a more positive situation at Dapol and tobe excited about what they're doing. After Dave Jones left they went through a troubled time and for a while they seemed almost moribund but with the 73 about to hit the shops and looking very good and signs of progress with models like the 68 and GWR railcar and now this initiative there is a lot to beexcited about at Dapol. Well done them, long may it continue!

Possibly not unconnected, but there's a longish profile on Dapol in the RM2015 Annual

00 gauge apparently, I just want to know if it's a working model or not :P.

Thank you. If they've got lights, sound and DCC, they must be working models. I wonder what sort of coupling they'll have.

(Edited for sloppy punctuation and spacing.)

Edited by No Decorum

£400 sounds like a high rrp. However, is it?

If we try to build up the price differently, what do we think is reasonable for a high spec loco? Eg

Hornby current top detailed locos around £165-170

Sound card and project - give or take £100

Add extra lights on dcc. Plus £25

"Weathering" or improved paint finish plus £25++

Add smoke plus £25

I'm sure not a comprehensive list but I'm over £350 without too much creative thinking...

David

• Like 1

I think the Dapol Black Label range is marvelous.....Nice to see such outstanding features on a British OO gauge outline model!!

Wishful thinking - I'd hope they do some of these in future:- ;)

- Class 37

- Class 47

- Class 66

- Class 86

- Class 87

- SR Battle of Britain/West Country/Merchant Navy (streamlined and non-streamlined)

- LNER A3

- BR Britannia

Edited by MGR Hooper!