Oxford Rail - LNER Cattle Wagon

Garethp8873

Larry, please do tell us how many of your coach kits you decided to make by just drawing up one side and saying "sod 'em, I can't be bothered to do the other side so I'll just use 2 of the same side in one packet and tell anyone who complains that it'll do" ...? 

None 'cos I would be in the poorhouse if I only charged £10.50......

• RMweb Gold

None 'cos I would be in the poorhouse if I only charged £10.50......

Nice strawman. Ignoring the irrelevance of the price of an OR wagon to your coach kits, I would presume the answer is still "none" but for a completely different reason.  :derisive:

Well, my cattle wagons have arrived and they are a very detailed model (despite the missing bits), certainly far better quality than I could ever construct from a kit.

For a tenner each, I am very pleased with my purchases.

• Like 3

I didn't think the wagons had been released yet? I just received an email from Hattons expecting them on the 18th July. 

The BR versions arrived at the beginning of the month, we're still waiting for the LNER examples...

• RMweb Premium

After a bit more modelling I'd had a go at body with its interesting problems.

Not much different to see on this side apart from the weathering.

post-6821-0-33550000-1468524960_thumb.jpg

This side has had some surgery to make it a mirror image of the other one, and some new transfers.

post-6821-0-23796200-1468524959_thumb.jpg

I don't claim this to be a 100% accurate model, just closer to what it should be when I bought it.

I'll be posting details about this conversion on my RTR workbench when I've got the coaches out of the way.

• Like 15

After a bit more modelling I'd had a go at body with its interesting problems.

Not much different to see on this side apart from the weathering.

attachicon.gifO_C_5.JPG

This side has had some surgery to make it a mirror image of the other one, and some new transfers.

attachicon.gifO_C_6.JPG

I don't claim this to be a 100% accurate model, just closer to what it should be when I bought it.

I'll be posting details about this conversion on my RTR workbench when I've got the coaches out of the way.

I'm sure Nile that it will be very much appreciated. I for one wouldn't mind seeing how you did it :)

• RMweb Gold

Can I ask a question?

Is it my eyes, or is one side solebar black and the other bauxite?

Is this significant or am I needing a visit to Specsavers.

That will be because one side is in BR livery and the other in LNER livery, hence the different solebar paintwork.

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've built one old Kirk one (unfitted) and two Parkside ones and am wondering if the spare partitions are hiding in my scrap box. edit: Along with numerous vacuum cylinders!!
now that the six plank wagons are in stock I'm putting in a small order!

Edited by Sasquatch

Has anyone emailed these concerns to Oxford. I know they don't do much social media. 

What's this? Someone that isn't aware of Adrian!  An impression of →  :angry:

Edited by Porcy Mane

I have a question about the running numbers for both BR (E150467) and LNER (150624) versions. Tatlow volume 4b p290 says that the 150xxx number series ran from 150920-69. Are these 2 wagons from a series that he has missed or are these random numbers from outside the series?( or have I misunderstood his table?)
RD

Now what's this we see behind 62064 at 5 minutes & 57 seconds in? Filmed in 1959/60 and very probably coming off the Richmond Branch.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-darlington-railway-1960/

Pity it's grainy but apart from the lable clip position and the fact we can't see it's wheelbase...

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just got mine yesterday from Waltons in Altrincham, along with the 6 plank wagon.  Here they are on Stoke Courtenay.

post-15399-0-43449700-1469194444_thumb.jpg

How nice to see some accurate RTR pre-war wagons on the market.  (Well, I'm assuming they're accurate - I'm no LNER expert!)

But isn't the LNER bauxite a bit on the orangey side, especially when compared with the adjacent Bachmann van?  Perhaps it could have faded to this colour?

I've put another photo in the 6 plank thread.

John C.

​(My layout: STOKE COURTENAY, 1930's GWR junction station.  See layout topic.)

• Like 2

Now what's this we see behind 62064 at 5 minutes & 57 seconds in? Filmed in 1959/60 and very probably coming off the Richmond Branch.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-darlington-railway-1960/

Pity it's grainy but apart from the lable clip position and the fact we can't see it's wheelbase...

P

Great film, plus Ewan and Peggy!  Some wonderful shots. Wow.

Thanks for the link!