NORTH ROAD

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

That shed looked enormous in the photos taken during its construction but now placed in its location it looks a bit insignificant - maybe it's the curtains.

I am sure you will soon put that to right.

I had a play around with some different Track formations yesterday when Lee came over, George T of this Parish has sent me a nice collection of MPD Plans and there are some different ideas there that I will look at before casting the first Spike. Some, Like Bath have the Turntable next to the Shed, whilst others have it like 82G have it at the other end of the Layout as per the Plan in Post 1.

I'll soon be forging ahead so I need to sort it soon.

More pics again very soon as well.

Well I have a PLAN :O 

It all seems to work, with Locos able to stack up for the Coaling Platform, Ash Pit and Turntable, BUT more importantly able to by pass all that for Entrance and Exit of the Shed. The inverted Peco Lift represents the Coaling Platform as per the one on 82G. There is also a small Diesel Fuelling Facility as well. And most importantly there is a largish Yard to shunt.

post-9335-0-02322500-1456831679_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12682800-1456831700_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95179200-1456831715_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-28430800-1456831733_thumb.jpg

82G's Coaling Platform, I will have the same sort of thing.

post-9335-0-96624000-1456831842_thumb.jpg

Hello Andy, Yes it looks about right, l like the table next to the shed, l guess the fiddle yard will be above your work bench ?...

Thanks mate, yes the Fiddle Yard will be 4 Tracks about 5ft Long above the work bench, and maybe a spur at the end for extra Loco Storage. this will give me room to shuffle nice longish Goods Trains, etc.

Might even find room to SQUEEZ IN ANOTHR POINT SOMEWHERE, hahhaha

• RMweb Premium

Whatever plan you end up with remember the primary reason for a locoshed was for trainspotting to service the locos. Starting with filling them up with water and coal, cleaning out the old fire etc. All done at or near the coal stage so make that then center of your layout , because that is where the action will take place. 

Whatever plan you end up with remember the primary reason for a locoshed was for trainspotting to service the locos. Starting with filling them up with water and coal, cleaning out the old fire etc. All done at or near the coal stage so make that then center of your layout , because that is where the action will take place. 

Thanks Clive, That's exactly where the Coaling Platform will be and then onto the Ash Pit so loads of movement and dirt through the middle of the Layout.

Thanks Clive, That's exactly where the Coaling Platform will be and then onto the Ash Pit so loads of movement and dirt through the middle of the Layout.

Cant beat nice'n'dirty hahahaha

Looks good Andy. I am guessing the points at the top of pics 2 and 3 lead to a small fiddleyard/ headshunt for the yard.

Cheers Peter.

Yes, That's it Peter, a 4 Road Fiddle Yard over the Work Bench, almost 5ft long.

Yes, That's it Peter, a 4 Road Fiddle Yard over the Work Bench, almost 5ft long.

No worries Andy, thought that might be the plan. Should look good with some typical S&D motive power on shed. You got yourself a 7F yet? 

Cheers Peter.

No worries Andy, thought that might be the plan. Should look good with some typical S&D motive power on shed. You got yourself a 7F yet? 

Cheers Peter.

Yes mate Cheers, I picked up a very CHEAP Second Hand one from a well know retailer in Liverpool for silly money.

Yesterday I purchased 3 New Packs of Wicks Cork Tiles. The current board will be sanded down and the New Cork laid over the existing Cork therefore covering all the holes and mess created when I laid Trewenn over there. I will then have a nice new surface to work on but this time I will give it a coat of Battleship Grey Paint to seal the Cork and also provide a dark area under the Track until its Ashed and Ballasted.

Today I've sourced all my Track and Points ready to progress next week.

This week will be a busy one as I'm out all day Friday, Exhibiting West Shed at the Mansfield Show over the weekend, busy again Monday and Friday next week and then the Nottingham Show on the Sunday 13th.

I thought you were supposed to be taking it easy matey! And as for the well known retailer selling a 7F for 'silly money' - you didn't get robbed did you? Only joking mate. :angel:

I like the 'current' look to North Road but I've been to Ladbrook's who gave me 15/2 on you not changing it, I'm in the money I would say :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Looks good mate. The track layout looks realistic, as certain elements remind me of Laira steam shed.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Cheers Nick, Well I was Born just down the Road from there, but hadn't realised that, I'll check it out later. hahhah

Cheers Nick, Well I was Born just down the Road from there, but hadn't realised that, I'll check it out later. hahhah

Looks good mate. The track layout looks realistic, as certain elements remind me of Laira steam shed.

Kind regards,

Nick.

I just Gooooglllled Laira Steam Depot Track Plan and Clive Mortimers Pig Lane came up as one of the pics,   :O  He does get around a bit :scared:  :scared: :scared:  :scared:  

• RMweb Premium

I just Gooooglllled Laira Steam Depot Track Plan and Clive Mortimers Pig Lane came up as one of the pics,   :O  He does get around a bit :scared:  :scared: :scared:  :scared:  

Cor Bimely................Pig Lane ain't even GWR but GNR and GER . Google has a lot to answer for.

About a year ago I was gooling information on WW1 13 pdr guns and one of my own drawing came up quite high in the pictures. What a cheek to show me one of me own piccies.

post-16423-0-94185100-1456996467_thumb.png

Archived