NORTH ROAD

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

I just Gooooglllled Laira Steam Depot Track Plan and Clive Mortimers Pig Lane came up as one of the pics,   :O  He does get around a bit :scared:  :scared: :scared:  :scared:  

Just gooolied same as wot you did Bodge, third picture. :swoon: :swoon: Oh dear.  :read:

Cheers Clive, very useful, Still finalising some small details and then I can make a start on Tuesday, I'm out all day today and I have West Shed at the Mansfield Show, over the weekend,and then I'm out again all day Monday, but I will spend the time away doing some more planning.

More pics later.

Well sorry  folks but NO PICS on here today, all I've done on here today (between a weathering job, see West Shed, and a Scenic job, see Pencarne) is to lay the second layer of Cork Tiles and covered it all with Books and Magazines and Trays of Locos to bed it down. hopefully that will be dry and finished tomorrow ready for Track Laying.

Then the FUN bit begins.

DISASTER! :O  :scared:  :scared: :scared:  :scared:  :scared: 

Went out this morning and almost all the Cork Tiles had lifted at the corners and along the joints. I have now just peeled it all off and re done it with NEW EXTRA WEIGHTS ALL OVER. I wont touch it again now until Saturday and hope its dries properly this time.  :help:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

If those cork tiles have a lacquer on them you may have to  scratch the top surface with some rough sandpaper before glueing to allow it to key in.

Thanks Mike, they are shinny side UP so that I deal with that as I do scenic etc. I've used them on Layouts for many years and never had this issue before but I think it was to warm in the Shed and that has caused them to dry out around the edges before the PVA took a hold and stuck. Also I don't think I put enough weight over the full area, this again I've addressed this time.

I'm out all day today so there will be no extra heat on in there, just its natural warmth, and then I can have a look at it tomorrow.

Cheers mate.

Hi Andy,

Are you caught up in this chlorine problem affecting Severn Trent Water? Progress eh, I'm sure we are going backwards at times. Hope you are all okay if you are.

Morning Mike, well we live in the affected DE11 Code and Mum lives in the DE15 Code, BUT I went to Sainsburys at 23.00 last night were Seven Trent Water were giving out Water Bottles and was told that as we are in DE11- 0 we are O.K., Mum likewise in her DE15-9 but thanks for the kind thought.

I came home and was then able to do the washing up that had accumulated since lunchtime when we were told not to TOUCH any water, EVEN PRE BOILED, and IF ITS BEEN ON THE SKIN GO STRAIT TO YOUR DOCTOR. :O

All back to normal now and off to Mum's in a minute to sort her out and check she's O.K.

Between a couple of jobs on Pen this morning, I've removed all RUBBISH from the top and I'm pleased to say it looks fine, so I can now make a start on it this week, maybe even a bit later today.

post-9335-0-35697300-1457781958_thumb.jpg

Archived