lenz problem (slow flashing LED)

caenmatt

Hi All

i have had a problem with my set 100, i had a testing session and then closed everything down. when i fired up a couple of days later i had a slow flashing LED on the command station and the E on the controller. i thought it was a short so tested everything and it was all ok. i then disconnected the track and read through the manual. i thought it could be a faulty transformer so i swapped from a 150 to a 100 and still the same fault. i then tried a factory re set but it still had the slow flashing LED. i removed everything just leaving the power feed into the command station and still it flashes. i am at my wits end, i have been trying to get this sorted for over a week now, i have read the manual umpteen times and trawled the net trying to fix the problem. please someone help

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

i have had a problem with my set 100, i had a testing session and then closed everything down. when i fired up a couple of days later i had a slow flashing LED on the command station and the E on the controller. i thought it was a short so tested everything and it was all ok. i then disconnected the track and read through the manual. i thought it could be a faulty transformer so i swapped from a 150 to a 100 and still the same fault. i then tried a factory re set but it still had the slow flashing LED. i removed everything just leaving the power feed into the command station and still it flashes. i am at my wits end, i have been trying to get this sorted for over a week now, i have read the manual umpteen times and trawled the net trying to fix the problem. please someone help

Hi

According to the Lenz manual it could be one of the following

The signal is not present on the C/D control bus lines

Over-current detected (Eline is active)

There may be a short or overload on the layout. Once the short is corrected press the emergency stop key on your handheld to restart the system.

If no short is found and this happens repeatedly then you need to divide the layout into several power districts and power each district with

additional power stations/transformers.

The input voltage is too low most often because the load exceeded the capability of the transformer.

A higher amperage transformer is needed to drive the desired load.

System is in service mode

Finish programming the decoders. When service mode is exited the system will resume normal operation.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

I had a problem with the LED flashing when testing out my system. I think it was a broken connection of the LAMB wires to the auxilliary jack I was using. The other possibility was connecting two controls with the same address. Seeing as I have LH100, LH90, LH30 and an old ESU mobile that can serve 4 mobile controls two having the same address is a real possibility. Naturally I disconnected which ever ones I was testing at the time then checked the connections and found the break which I could have caused by checking. Since then I have been testing using the LH100 and the mobile and the problem has not occurred.

Donw

• RMweb Gold

Had a quick play today. Disconnecting one of the LAMB wires caused the LED to flash but there was no display on the LH100. It suggests the flashing LED can be caused when there is no controller attached. Have you a different controller to try?

I aslo checked if there was a conflict with the controllers everything seemed ok even with two set to the same loco.

Donw

Archived