Taunton 2016 - full line up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Etd approx 14:30, so eta @ Bishops Lydeard 17:00.

Just got to pack the overnight bag, pack the layout in the car, hunt for all the things I need to bring and have put somewhere safe...

North of Tiverton, so that counts as the Grim and Bleak Industrial North as far as we are concerned.

Well Staplegrove. Is only 0.1338 of a degree farther north than Tiverton longitude wise so I'm am not convinced about the grim north rubbish

but more worryingly than being that smidigen north it's a colossal 0.3628 of a degree closer to London

Even more scary a lot of Devon is further North than most of Somerset..the "Land of the Summer people"

No I won't wear a name badge at Staplegrove I am not that daft, ducks and goes under cover

North of Tiverton, so that counts as the Grim and Bleak Industrial North as far as we are concerned.

What about Clevedon??? Badge printed and ready to join you tomorrow hopefully to put names to faces followed on the forum. Look forward to meeting one and all.

Mike

p.s. avatar is out of date, same make but updated model! It'll be on me badge!

Due to circumstances slightly beyond my control, I don't think I am going to make it, despite the purchase of a new, lemon yellow shirt!

It would have been a winner.

Have a great day, saddened I can't be there in what may well be the last do.........

Have a great day very one, and well done as always to Tim and th team.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I can't be there, best wishes to them as is.

Eds

Thanks, I have just returned and it was absolutely brilliant as ever.  Many thanks to The Captain and his team for all the organisation.

Cheers,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

My first visit, and Sherry and I were made most welcome. Great to meet some illustrious RMwebbers, as well as renewing acquaintance with some others. Layouts were great, food was lovely and very affordable, I was lucky in the auction.

Understand fully why a retiring Captain Kernow feels he and CTMK have done their bit, but hope someone can take over such successful reins.

A lovely day, thankyou all.

Having returned from only my second visit to this gathering may I echo everyones sentiments on an excellent day out. It was good to put faces to forum names and to enjoy conversations with so many RMWebbers. To Tim and the catering team many thanks. Best cups of tea and cake I've had for a long time.

Cheers

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all concerned for another great day.

Special thanks to Tim and Madeline for

all their efforts over the years.

Hope this won't be the last,

but if it was, it went out on a high.

• RMweb Gold

Sounds like a 'me too' post, but thanks to Tim & the team for organising yet another fantastic day.

Thanks also to Mike and his fellow moduellers for letting my lads play trains.

Thanks to everyone who passed my little slice of India and took an interest - some were seen to be speechless on first viewing.

And a big, big thank you to those who brought me little gifts for the layout - absolutely wonderful!

A smashing day. Thanks to Tim and team - the catering was great - plus it was lovely to put names to faces and meet and make new friends.

The layouts finished or in-progress appearing today were inspirational - from learning about brick paper wheezes about Chard's station, building, meeting fellow wagon grocers, to seeing Stubbys PSMT - my head is spinning with ideas inspired by today.

Thanks to people who helped me lug Lapford G to and from the car, greatly appreciated.

Thanks also to people who gave me feedback on Lapford Gate. Again, greatly appreciated.

Thanks all, Paul

Thanks to everyone who passed my little slice of India and took an interest - some were seen to be speechless on first viewing.

Including me, I've had to check it out, and yes. it's a 'proper job', details are here, and there's Youtube films too, type in 'Patiala State Monorail Tramway'.

I have to admit Stubby did a very good sales pitch, I thought better than most dodgy 2nd hand car salesmen  :O 

And as for the ingenious way he's getting* the train to move along a single rail with both the + and - supplies from that same length of mono-rail.... 

* Getting, because it hadn't quite got there today, and, Stubby passed by the Q. re a point to a siding, even though I mentioned there wouldn't be a problem with the crossing (aka frog) polarities.  Well done Stubby.

I can see Stubby receiving the Trevithick Cup soon, all the best comes from Cornwall.  :sungum: 

And what a great day out too... Made so worthwhile by Tim and the team, many, many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I would like to say once again a big thank you to Tim for organising the day and the help that everyone else provides. We all know it isn't an easy task, but I know Tim has enjoyed doing it. I've certainly enjoyed attending, both as a "punter" in 2009, my first visit, and as part of the 'gofer' team since (I also don't use gofer in a bad way.) It has been a pleasure to help, either as auctioneer, car park attendant or tables clearer!

I wouldn't be such a good (I use the term loosely!) modeller if it wasn't for Tim and RMWeb, so I do hope it continues in some form.

Hopefully not for the last time, but one for the traditional caption competition.

post-7376-0-51193300-1461525656_thumb.jpeg

Captain swabs down the decks for the last time thinking to himself, "... blasted, messy sods! They could clear up after themselves!"

All the best to everyone and I hope to see you all soon.

Kind regards,

Nick.

• RMweb Gold

Poor Stubby nearly lost a shoe today....

That was the point when I suggested he cut his monorail lengthways, to allow a slip of insulation......

He didn't say it, but I knew he wanted to.....

Pasties? Spot on.

Many thanks to Tim & his team for a quality show. Didn't know I could drink so much tea. I do hope the show continues. It provides a rare atmosphere where you can take time to look at some quality modelling, and the exhibitor can take time talking to the ignorant (me, especially).

Thanks Folks, I had a great day.

Ian          

Archived