Leyton Road (Mk 2)

NSE 108

Welcomesign.jpg

The concept

History of station

Leyton road was a station on a short link line from Stratford station to the Gospel Oak to Barking line, however the line was hardly used and it was singled in 1915 and the second track taken and used for trench railway in France. Use of the line continued to drop during the next few years up to world war 2, during the second war the line just north of Leyton Road was hit by a bomb and was never repaired and so Leyton Road became the Terminus of the line, the stations goods area was adoped as a small fueling point for diesels from strarford and temple mill yards but is now very little used.

The layout

Having failed to complete Leyton Road Mk1 I decide i needed to set myself a deadline to complete and one I can't change, so I decided to enter Leyton Road Mk2 in the 2010 competition.

The layout is set on a single track branch linking two cross London roots, passenger service is provided by DMU into the remaining platform, the other having had its track removed. There is also a small diesel fueling point located next to the station, which has taken over the good yard, feed by locos from the near by Stratford yard. The bay platform is now used for unloading fuel tankers for the depot.

The layout is set in the late 1980's and early to mid 1990's, with passenger trains provided by Network Southeast

Track Dimensions and plans

Scale - 00

Location - North East London

Period - 1980's

Length - 9 foot

width at widest - 1 foot 5 inches

Board 1 - scenic area

17 inches x 60 inches

area - 1020 square inches

Board 2 - Fiddle Yard

12 inches x 48 inches

area - 576 square inches

Total area - 1596 square inches

Work done so far

At present no work has been done in construction of the layout although the boards are taken from an earlier layout (hence odd shape of layout) and the concept is taken from Leyton road Mk 1 http://www.rmweb.co....46-leyton-road/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just like the real thing, how's about putting some bus's on ?

Mr B ... Modeling Nethertown.

ps, the wind turbines also static !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived