GWR Director's / Inspection Saloon

Hi

Can anyone please advise me if they know if an RTR 00 Hawksworth Director's / Inspection Saloon in GWR Brown & Cream, as in use on the NYMR, exists or not. If so who manufactures them?

Many thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware there has never been a RTR version. I believe the one at the NYMR is a Q11 diagram version. There are plans (delayed) by Flangeway to produce an LMS style observation saloon.

There is a kit available, I could be wrong but I think it is available via 247 developments, or certainly the bodysides were.

I would suggest you get voting on the latest wishlist, coaches like this are now more likely to be produced if you look at the success of the one off Pullman saloon by Hornby :rolleyes:

Hi,

Yes a GWR Inspection Saloon would be a very welcome addition in RTR. I was quoted around £400 to build and finish a kit built version using 247 Developments parts. A little too expensive for me I fear.

They provide a perfect short train, and are especially appropriate for my preserved SVR model, as there are 2 resident saloons on the valley.

Pinza / Malcolm

Thank you both for your replies.

£ 400 does seem a little over the top, doesn't it?

I'd like one as well as I'm modelling part of the NYMR and they use theirs as part of the Pullman dining set as well as on it's own.

So we either add it to the great RTR Wants list or have to put up with an expensive kit or without!!

Thanks again

Hi Malcolm,

We should compare notes! I'm building (v slowly) a layout of Bewdley with the aim of running pre and post preservation. I really hope this is picked up by one of the manufacturers. They have carried various liveries and could be seen on inspection duties across the whole of the English and Welsh system.

Archived