HO North American Product News

Talltim

Just come across Teamtrack models .A card structure download site .Looks  more than a bit like a US Scalescenes in presentation and quality .All power to it .The warehouse idea looks like it will be just what I am looking for .I didnt down load the depot as its a not a color I would use (Dark green siding )but I will when more schemes are offered hopefully.

https://teamtrackmodels.com

• Like 2

Rapido Rocky Mountaineer Dome Car

Rocky-Mountaineer-800px.jpg

Rocky Mountaineer operates four routes through the Pacific North West and the Canadian Rockies visiting Vancouver, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Calgary and Seattle. The cars were built by Colorado Railcar in 2006/7 for Goldleaf service and refurbished recently by Ontario Northland.Features include a lift!

Four road numbers available direct from Rocky Mountaineer but you can look the price up yourself!

Edited by Talltim

• 1 month later...

Rapido announcements today:

HO - SW1200RS in both CN and CP, arrival early 2018, order deadline Sept. 15 2017

4 different CN paint schemes, 6 different CP paint schemes

http://rapidotrains.com/ho-gmd-sw1200rs/

N - New Haven 8600 series coaches -order deadline October 31 2017

http://rapidotrains.com/n-nh-8600-coaches/

N - TurboTrain

http://rapidotrains.com/dealer-event-2017/

Edited by Gerald Henriksen
  • Like 1

Gotta love Rapido's sense of humour, (takens from the website,)

"Although we have received many, many, MANY requests for the N scale TurboTrain, we’re not actually sure of the demand. Maybe there are just 100 guys who really, really want one and keep asking for it over and over again. The HO Turbo was a hugely popular model despite running like a one-legged rhino with gout. (We really had no clue what we were doing back then.) We hope the N scale Turbo will prove as popular, and we actually have enough experience now to make sure it will work!

We have fully designed the Turbo and we are ready to press “GO” on the tooling. If on September 15th we have 12 trains ordered, we will take the money earmarked for Turbo tooling and invest it in an alpaca farm."

• 4 weeks later...

New Athearn announcement - NS SD60E just announced on Facebook, details on Athearn website tomorrow (Tuesday Aug 1).

Genesis line SD60E with all LED lights, normal NS roadnumbers/paint scheme as well as the special 911 number/scheme.

For now the previous SD60 models remain in the RTR line.

New Athearn announcement - NS SD60E just announced on Facebook, details on Athearn website tomorrow (Tuesday Aug 1).

Genesis line SD60E with all LED lights, normal NS roadnumbers/paint scheme as well as the special 911 number/scheme.

For now the previous SD60 models remain in the RTR line.

Take my money!!!

Walthers:

1) new series of officially licensed UPS products (both modern and 1990's) including trucks, trailers, buildings.  Starting Sept 2017

2) 50' Exterior-Post Mechanical Reefer - all new tooling based on CB&Q prototype - similar to others - offered SF, CP, BN, EL, Milwaukee, PFE (UP & SP) - 1960s to 2000s - Nov 2017 - $28

3) 39' Trinity 3281 Covered Hopper - Completely new car from rails to roof - based on later production prototype 1990s to present, 7 side panels (2 narrow, 5 large) - UP-CMO, CSXT, GACX, NS, TILX, First Union Rail-WSOX - Dec 2017 - $28

4) Thrall Rebuilt 40' Well Car - all new model - based shortened Thrall 48' well cars in service 2003 to present - Feb 2018 - $30

5) Jordan Spreader - totally new model based on Model 2-200 Spreader-Ditcher-Snowplow - positionable wings & moldboards can be raised and lowered - Railroad specific details - BNSF, SF, CP, Pennsy, SP, UP, MOW gray, Yellow-Unlettered - Feb 2018 - $90

The Trinity 3281 car has been previously done by American Limited Models. I presume the Walthers version will be less detailed and cheaper?

Good morning everyone, just to clarify, the new WalthersMainline® 39' Trinity 3281 Covered Hopper is based on later production prototypes with seven side panels; five large and two narrow.

Your friends at Walthers

Copied and pasted from another forum

Regards james

Just a heads up for any VIA fans who may be interested.

Rapido has posted to their Facebook page a picture with the caption "Nothing to see here. Move along, please."

The photo looks to be a top shot of the F40PH-2D in production at their factory decorated for the special VIA Canada 150 scheme.

No announcement has been made yet, but given that it is in production there could be a limited time to get one before the sell out if they are popular so anyone interested may want to start saving.

Example of the prototype (City names vary by unit I think):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtlwestrailfan/35609112722/in/pool-3181375@N24/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Atlas Master SF BX-177 insulated boxcar

n50003906.jpg

20170805-2017%20NTS%20Day%202-197.jpg

20170805-2017%20NTS%20Day%202-200.jpg

500 built in 1975 by the Santa Fe for beer traffic but also used for other loads.

An unfinished BLMA project, similar to the slightly earlier BX-166 produced by BLMA, the most obvious difference being the single door.

Scheduled 1st quarter 2018 in ATSF red and BNSF swoosh brown with 12 road numbers each

• 4 weeks later...

Rapido Trains - VIA Rail Canada - exclusive limited edition Canada 150 F40PH-2D

(May not be available outside of Canada and US, Facebook posting indicates trouble getting UK postage calculation)

On behalf of VIA Rail Canada Rapido Trains has produced and will be selling (only through the Rapido online store) limited edition models of the F40PH-2D in the Canada 150 scheme.

2 numbers are being produced:

6454 (Vancouver / Halifax / Edmonton)

6402 (Toronto / Jasper / Churchill)

and are limited to 150 models of each number.

Each model comes with a wood and acrylic display case and are available while supplies last for C$399.95 (DCC/Sound) plus shipping and taxes (about an hour ago Jason said on another forum they are already about 50% sold out).

They can be ordered from https://via150.rapidotrains.com/en/

The models are expected at Rapido headquarters in 2 weeks and will ship out shortly after.

Delivery Updates (all HO):

FA-2 - PRR in stores now

FA-2 / FPA-2 - B&O, CPR, GN, NYC - arriving this week

Dash 8-40CM - CN (North America), CN (simplified, all variations) - late October 

FA-2 - remaining schemes - late November

Dash 8-40CM - CN (stripes), BCR - late November

GM New Look Bus - TTC and STCUM - mid December

3800 Cylindrical Hopper, New Haven Parlor Cars - January

Edited by Gerald Henriksen

• 3 months later...

Oh my goooooooooooooooooood!!!!

Walthers will release a new batch of E8!!!!!

- Illinois Central 50 - 60's

- NYC 1960's (Cigar Band)

- Southern 1970's (Grey/Green)

How cool is that?!?!?!?! Time to sell my bad running and not up to date looking Life Like and Broadway E's...

Here is the complete News PDF

http://aws.walthers.com/Jan2018Flyer_Consumer.pdf

Oh my goooooooooooooooooood!!!!

Walthers will release a new batch of E8!!!!!

- Illinois Central 50 - 60's

- NYC 1960's (Cigar Band)

- Southern 1970's (Grey/Green)

How cool is that?!?!?!?! Time to sell my bad running and not up to date looking Life Like and Broadway E's...

Here is the complete News PDF

http://aws.walthers.com/Jan2018Flyer_Consumer.pdf

I thought that Walthers2000 was basically the same as the Life Like Proto2000, considering that Walthers acquired Life Like.  (at least the body shell).  I just got a "New Old Stock" P2K E8 for my 13 year old for $70, I'll pass on spending $330...

I thought that Walthers2000 was basically the same as the Life Like Proto2000, considering that Walthers acquired Life Like.  (at least the body shell).  I just got a "New Old Stock" P2K E8 for my 13 year old for $70, I'll pass on spending $330...

The E8/9 shell has been completely retooled at some point (not sure whether that's before or after Walthers purchased them) - as the 'face' of the ones for sale now is much better than the old one I have.

The E8/9 shell has been completely retooled at some point (not sure whether that's before or after Walthers purchased them) - as the 'face' of the ones for sale now is much better than the old one I have.

My E7's look pretty good, but the IC E8 and the B-unit are not from that period. That's an old Life Like product. And I have a lot of shorts with that beast. The color is not matching the E7's and the Walthers coaches, so I am very happy for "the perfect one".

And my other units are from Broadway, bad runners and a lot of details missing. Definitely will buy one IC and one or two NYC locos, and hoping for correct Penn Central and Amtrak versions, without side windows and deskirted tanks. :sungum: