All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Thanks again to all those members that have kindly taken the time to post on our thread, it really is appreciated.

Apologies Troublesome Trucks, as Cav has said at the moment we want to focus on the PGA but who knows, may be in the future.

As previously mentioned, our plan, subject to a successful release of the PG012A, would be to release the ex-Tilbury Roadstone PGA as below;

6332249827_6b74c2bbfc.jpgPGA_REDA_DSCF0274 by Paul Harrison, on Flickr

The response to the Redland liver has got us thinking……

My photo above of former Tilbury PGAs at Peak Forest was taken in May 2002 on Sunday 2nd to be precise. All of the ex Tilbury batch were present except for REDA 14522 with 66208 at the Great Rocks end of the siding presumably coupled up and 66165 at the signal box end uncoupled. I would guess that they decided to terminate the empties at PF and lay them over there for the weekend until needed the following week.

Cheers Paul

Is anybody aware of any of these ever making an appearance at Westbury? It seems just about every other hopper livery (including Tilbury) got there at some point but a quick search shows no evidence of these.

Edit. Just found this from 1986.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hoover29/10907899505/in/photolist-hBTQuR-c44t35-bzngLV-J9DqkW-5XU7ER-5XYnaN-7b74yA-8D7CjM-EeEPEz-7hyvt3-5XYfD7-5XYne9-agsuY3-BSXK2-oeSWG1-ow6JAr-6z9oXX-6yzboT-5XTZL4-6zdtx1-3UsUYx-6yzbnK-D1NqUT-wYbmrj-tMfQar-pZGo6h-pqTzy3-n2ck1d-6z9pjr-6yzbmr-5XYfB7-c44uaJ-c44qAq-c44vj7-6yzbjV-c441b3-c44wBm-c44rs3-EQKma5-c442z3-c443Z7-c44G3o-ENLXEe-EmDYaC-C7YuF4-s39tyg-kWeZjG-kWdjBp-kWePky-kWePq3

Edited by ChrisB

Is anybody aware of any of these ever making an appearance at Westbury? It seems just about every other hopper livery (including Tilbury) got there at some point but a quick search shows no evidence of these.

Extremely uncommon I'm afraid (I've spent a lot of time researching what went to the Mendips in 87-93 for my layout based on Whatley). If I could justify a rake, I would as Cav's CAD drawings look superb. 

Unfortunately, I'd also question whether that shot of the 56 at Reading was really heading to Westbury or (more likely) to Derbyshire.

Guy

EDIT: I take it back, looks like they ran there for a limited time during 1986 (outside my time period unfortunately). More evidence from Huw Millington here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/2044351850/

Edited by lyneux

These wagons also ventured north of the border as part of the class 60 testing in June 1990. 60001 and 60002 along with 50 PGAs and Test Car 6 underwent evaluation tests on the Highland main line between Perth and Inverness.

Some nice photos here:

https://flic.kr/p/hWGt9d

https://flic.kr/p/hWGxq7

The two Brush machines at Perth:

27167187144_b21a154322.jpg60001 60002 Perth by Adrian Hancock, on Flickr

• Like 1

Hi ND, I am not sure about that! Being totally honest, I am sure that Bachmann will have it in their plans to release a KPA wagon in the future.

For N gauge, the Tiphook hopper is already available as an N Gauge Society kit if I recall correctly

Scott

Hi ND, I am not sure about that! Being totally honest, I am sure that Bachmann will have it in their plans to release a KPA wagon in the future.

The Tiphook hopper is one of the wagons that I am surprised that Bachmann have not produced as they have done the rebuilt Autoballasters and it would be simple to use research already done?

Mark Saunders