All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Popped into my local model shop, John Dutfield's, the other day to buy some joiners, they had both PGA's on display by the till. PGA's weren't on my shopping list but ended up buying a Lafarge! Good to see them in independent model shops.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, was interested to read in the feature on these wagons in the latest, March edition of Rail Express Magazine - there was reference to a flow from Dowlow in the Peak District in the late 80s using these wagons - does anyone know about this flow - when it started and what livery the wagons were in? There is photo from the 90s with a Class 60 and the wagons were in the later Redland scheme. Any info would be much appreciated. In addition are there any plans to release this wagon in the earlier livery? Cheers, Jim

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a second run of our PGA wagons offering the following liveries with the option of having factory fitted protection plates and with ladders fitted or omitted:

Original Redland

4mm-PGA-Web-(1).png.b8322d3bd9f5b2a36d56ebd611509550.png

Redland

4mm-PGA-Web-(2).png.8d2bc8913d2106f8654b8d51629711af.png

White with patch

4mm-PGA-Web-(4).png.ff08188ccdfb6c86679e9a157b84a960.png

Plain white

4mm-PGA-Web-(5).png.f3f43b36947b5562096e7996d4743ebd.png

These new releases will be available through our retailers, please contact them for more details.
Expected third quarter 2019.

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In addition to the announced liveries above,  Trains4U are pleased to exclusively offer the PGA in large logo Redland livery.

image.png.fc389c2066582f6e43169779494ef07f.png

Numbers are limited to 300.  There is one running number available, though 150 will be with protection panels and 150 without.

We will have 10 variants of PGA available on release - All priced at £32.50 each

They are available to pre-order from us now.

image.png.8cfaf52cd467c83ecc6a161083fe3774.png

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

In addition to the announced liveries above,  Trains4U are pleased to exclusively offer the PGA in large logo Redland livery.

image.png.fc389c2066582f6e43169779494ef07f.png

Numbers are limited to 300.  There is one running number available, though 150 will be with protection panels and 150 without.

We will have 10 variants of PGA available on release - All priced at £32.50 each

They are available to pre-order from us now.

image.png.8cfaf52cd467c83ecc6a161083fe3774.png

When will you be updating your website , I require 2x protection Panel & 1 x no Panel Larger Logo Redland wagons

cheers

4 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a second run of our PGA wagons offering the following liveries with the option of having factory fitted protection plates and with ladders fitted or omitted:

Original Redland

Redland

4 hours ago, Trains4U said:

Do we know how many PGAs were actually fitted with protection panels overall?  Similarly, do we know how many PGAs ran with the large Redland logo - I suspect quite a small proportion on the latter?  I do remember these wagons very well in both original and later Redland paint schemes and while my memory may well be good, I'm afraid it ain't that good... :lol:  ...and I guess I never really took a lot of notice of the subtle differences back then.  The photos I can find online of these only show a fraction of the fleet it seems, while those in rakes rarely show the ends of the wagons sufficiently, not to mention specific wagon numbers...  :blink: 

In fact the more I look at photographs the more and more quirky differences I start to see, eg. I've only just noticed that some appear to have rectangular buffers fitted and one or two with only an upper section of the protection panels left in place, it seems.  Still, lots of opportunity to create a varied rake, which makes these a very nice wagon to model.

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor

7 hours ago, Thrallwelder said:

When will you be updating your website , I require 2x protection Panel & 1 x no Panel Larger Logo Redland wagons

cheers

Hi,

we we will add these to the website this week, however we do not currently have an online pre-order capability, as we do not take up front payment.

please call or email us with your order and we will reserve them for you. (Contact details in my signature below)

kind regards 

Edited by Trains4U

• RMweb Gold

I have a rake of the first run of the Redland version. It would be good to know the timeline for the other livery variations so I can get some extra ones to mix in for variety.

On 04/03/2019 at 00:37, YesTor said:

Do we know how many PGAs were actually fitted with protection panels overall?  Similarly, do we know how many PGAs ran with the large Redland logo - I suspect quite a small proportion on the latter?  I do remember these wagons very well in both original and later Redland paint schemes and while my memory may well be good, I'm afraid it ain't that good... :lol:  ...and I guess I never really took a lot of notice of the subtle differences back then.  The photos I can find online of these only show a fraction of the fleet it seems, while those in rakes rarely show the ends of the wagons sufficiently, not to mention specific wagon numbers...  :blink: 

In fact the more I look at photographs the more and more quirky differences I start to see, eg. I've only just noticed that some appear to have rectangular buffers fitted and one or two with only an upper section of the protection panels left in place, it seems.  Still, lots of opportunity to create a varied rake, which makes these a very nice wagon to model.

cheers

Al

72 Wagons in total 

No Panel = 22 ID’d

Full Panel = 10 ID’d 

Top small Panel = 7 ID’d

no ID yet = 33

Some of the no ID’d wagons had half top panel only , so maybe some mods

note :

most pics from 2009

additionally >

Tapered side Panel = 11 (1noted so far with Full Panel)

large Logo Redland > 6 is the most I’ve seen in a rake (40 wagons)

Not a definitive overview .. but at least a start 

TW

Edited by Thrallwelder
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 03/03/2019 at 22:53, Grimleygrid said:

Original Redland

4mm-PGA-Web-(1).png.b8322d3bd9f5b2a36d56ebd611509550.png

Plain white

These new releases will be available through our retailers, please contact them for more details.
Expected third quarter 2019.

A couple of questions please regarding the two variants pictured above when comparing to the variants listed by Trains4U:

1. The original liveried Redland grey stripe version is listed as only being available without protection panels via Trains4U.  Am I to assume that there is no original liveried version with panels?  I am guessing that may well be the case, if it is correct that protection panels weren't fitted until some time later, and I presume not until they were repainted in the later Redland livery?  (At least I am unable to find any photos of any original liveried versions with panels, although I am of course happy to be corrected.)

2. The plain white-liveried version above with ladders does not appear to be listed via Trains4U?  Is this an omission by Trains4U, or is this version only available elsewhere?  And does this mean that perhaps other different variants will be available via different retailers?  And secondly, for those unfamiliar with who "our retailers" actually are (including myself) could you please clarify who your other stockists might be?

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor

Slightly confused, your RMWeb ad shows PGA012P(3) to be white with black patch, but your Facebook ad shows the same PGA012P(3) to be plain white with no patch?  Which is correct please?

1601815280_Trains4URMWebad.jpg.4402253fbade3a7edd0f992086928241.jpg

Facebook ad:

1371618083_Trains4UFBad.jpg.d7d755f0c240857ee2c787b24e6ee266.jpg

thank you kindly...

Al

Edited by YesTor

Hi,

The Facebook image is incorrect 

I’ll try and have it corrected soon

(tricky as I’m on the airport train between Chep Lap Kok and Hong Kong...)

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trains4U said:

Hi,

The Facebook image is incorrect 

I’ll try and have it corrected soon

(tricky as I’m on the airport train between Chep Lap Kok and Hong Kong...)

Ahhh okay, that clarifies perfectly, many thanks.  :)

On 03/03/2019 at 22:53, Grimleygrid said:

Plain white

So a question then I guess for Cav or Alex, in that where is the plain white with ladders version available please?  :)

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor

8 hours ago, YesTor said:

I cannot confirm how many there might have been, but...

958068251_PGALafargePLAINWHITE.jpg.bd7bf05d6515b8ab0f861fa0cf0b99a2.jpg

You beat me to it Alan, I have a photo of REDA 14763 which is in plain white with ladders and handrails.

It might be worth trying our other retailers and if not then please contact us directly.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1