All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

37 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We have amended our orders to include the 11th variation

White, with Ladders and walkways - No protection panels

Our reference is PGA012W(3) for anyone who wishes to order 

...but no plain white with protection panels and ladders?  This is all very confusing.  I'd quite like to order all items from one place but it seems far from clear what is actually available and what isn't...

Edited by YesTor

We've been asked about White with ladders (And as in the images above - no protection panels)

We are not planning on offering any further variations.  (I think 11 is enough!)

If another retailer wishes to order white with ladders and protection panels then they may well do so, but you'll have to wait and see if they announce it or not.

To summarise, we are offering:

Plain White

PGA012W(1)  No Ladders or walkways      With Protection panels

PGA012W(2)  No Ladders or walkways      No Protection panels

PGA012W(3)  Ladders and walkways         No Protection Panels

White with patch

PGA012P(1)   No Ladders or walkways      With Protection panels

PGA012P(2)   No Ladders or walkways      No Protection panels

PGA012P(3)   Ladders and walkways         No Protection Panels

Original Redland (Grey Stripe)

PGA012OR(1)   Ladders and walkways      No Protection Panels

Redland (Mid size logo)

PGA012R(2)   Ladders and walkways      With Protection Panels

PGA012R(3)   Ladders and walkways            No Protection Panels

Redland (Large Logo) - Exclusive livery to Trains4U

PGA012LR(A)    Ladders and walkways      With Protection Panels

PGA012LR(B)     Ladders and walkways            No Protection Panels

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Seems they can't get enough of this exhibition lark as they've been out again this weekend at the Carlton Model Railway Society's Show at Howden!

Sadly one of them suffered some damage losing the handrail around one of the end walkways but nothing that can't be sorted.

20190323_115756-2.jpg.9ec339ecfbf73aea9dc50e0040f913bb.jpg

• Like 7

On 24/03/2019 at 19:31, mike knowles said:

Seems they can't get enough of this exhibition lark as they've been out again this weekend at the Carlton Model Railway Society's Show at Howden!

Sadly one of them suffered some damage losing the handrail around one of the end walkways but nothing that can't be sorted.

20190323_115756-2.jpg.9ec339ecfbf73aea9dc50e0040f913bb.jpg

The PGAs look excellent on your layout Mike, thanks for sharing the photos. Nice to see them getting a run on Boston Frodsham.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 87029 said:

Can someone please give information as to where the white liveried hoppers of this series worked?

Good evening 87029,

The white PGAs ran from Mountsorrel to; Radlett, Trowse, Broxbourne, Kennett and Barham, Dowlow to Eggborough PS, Marks Tey-Hayes, and more recently Wembley to Angerstein Wharf and Tolworth sidings to Hoo Junction.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

When in DB ownership, the white wagons did make the occasional trip to the West country. They have worked to Whatley in place of the more regular RMC JGA or EWS HOA sets. One was dumped for several months in 2015 due to the doors coming open during loading. I believe the set loaded for either Hayes or Hothfield. Definitely a Tarmac location anyway.

They seem to load at Cliffe recently, mixed in with ex RMC JGAs. Certainly when I did my research for what ones to buy they were a load there.

Jo

Edited by Steadfast

• 1 month later...

I’ve seen a picture on Flickr of REDA14791 (1986 built batch Contract 113 according to my Standard Railway Wagon Co Haywood Works book), dated August 1986.  It appears to have protection panels. Were this batch built with them? When did earlier built wagons acquire them? Sorry if this has already been covered.

2 hours ago, 66738 said:

I’ve seen a picture on Flickr of REDA14791 (1986 built batch Contract 113 according to my Standard Railway Wagon Co Haywood Works book), dated August 1986.  It appears to have protection panels. Were this batch built with them? When did earlier built wagons acquire them? Sorry if this has already been covered.

I had overlooked that I haven't posted all of my REDA photos, and also not noticed this late batch. The one photo I have of  REDA14795 on 16/4/87 has protection panels. Photos of others also show them at the same time - 14784 but I suspect that may have been from new (c1984 - not what my photo says) https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e24cfd42e  14782 has the same arrangement but photographed many years later.

EArlier wagons with this appear to have been done differently - beneath the stanchions instead of having to remove the end platform, or work around them

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e4a7f8cb Similarly 14822 had this conversion by November 1988 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e33646d3a

Paul

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

I had overlooked that I haven't posted all of my REDA photos, and also not noticed this late batch. The one photo I have of  REDA14795 on 16/4/87 has protection panels. Photos of others also show them at the same time - 14784 but I suspect that may have been from new (c1984 - not what my photo says) https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e24cfd42e  14782 has the same arrangement but photographed many years later.

EArlier wagons with this appear to have been done differently - beneath the stanchions instead of having to remove the end platform, or work around them

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e4a7f8cb Similarly 14822 had this conversion by November 1988 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga/e33646d3a

Paul

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/redlandpga

It might be worth mentioning that the Cavalex model represents type PG012 whereas REDA14781-14786 are type PG009B and an altogether different design in many respects (including solebar, underframe, body, ladders etc). 

I too would also be interested as to whether any of the other batches had protection panels from new, or otherwise - it's a bit of a minefield once you start digging around for detail differences between the batches and then trying to date them...  :)

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, YesTor said:

It might be worth mentioning that the Cavalex model represents type PG012 whereas REDA14781-14786 are type PG009B and an altogether different design in many respects (including solebar, underframe, body, ladders etc). 

I too would also be interested as to whether any of the other batches had protection panels from new, or otherwise - it's a bit of a minefield once you start digging around for detail differences between the batches and then trying to date them...  :)

Indeed REDA14781-14786 are type PG009B. I suspect they were not built by The Standard Wagon Co but Procor?

Post edited due to error on my part.

I’d like Cavalex to produce a wagon from the 1986 batch purely for a nice mix. Fingers crossed.

Edited by 66738

7 hours ago, RBE said:

Hi 66738, our Redalnd hopper is REDA 14764 not REDA 14784 as you suggested, that would indeed be in error. The diagram we have is correct.

Cheers

Cav

Ahhhh, mea culpa.

Extremely sorry RBE. Every picture I found, I was convinced it was 84 at the end. I thought this cannot be correct as it’s the wrong wagon. Even froze a few films on YouTube to double check. What I was seeing was 84 and not 64. I was eventually satisfied it was 84 that I was seeing, after reading Railway Magazine guide to modelling’s review of the model ‘confirming’ it was indeed 14784.

So very sorry for this error and indeed am delighted that I am wrong and you and the model are correct. 

Would like to show an image of the Railway Magazine but would not want to infringe copyright.

https://www.railwaymagazinemodelling.co.uk/2991/whats-in-the-shops-cavalex-models-aims-high-with-redland-pga-wagon-debut/

Edited by 66738

22 minutes ago, RBE said:

That article is incorrect.

This picture clearly shows its 14764!

:D

Screenshot_20190517-083528_Gallery.jpg.738c1ac2e1a5195473e5cb3c1c516cba.jpg

They must have old eyes like me!

I wanted to find a clear image like that one but could not find any, or the iPhone 6 screen would not zoom in that fine. The iPad was no better. 

My sincere apologies once again. 

No problem, I didn't take any offence, we just try very hard not to make mistakes!

That picture is one of mine taken on the desk. Those numbers are crazy small!

So much for needing differing wagon numbers eh! :dirol_mini:

• 1 month later...

Our stock of LaFarge PGAs are now beginning to run very low.

Although we have several new versions of the PGA arriving later in the year, there is no re-run of the LaFarge branded wagon.

if you still want any, now is your last chance for the foreseeable future!

CA393ED7-15B8-4789-9500-BC7D0D159235.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...