All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

As Cav has mentioned we are dealing directly with a factory in China which was recommended to us by a trusted source and currently produces models for other manufacturers. They kindly sent samples to us which were of a high standard.

This is the way forward now, rather than being led up the garden path by manufacturers who promise but cant deliver - for themselves, never mind anyone else

Are these wagons to be produced with different running numbers and/or supplied perhaps as multi-packs, eg. 3 or 4 wagons? 

thank you  :)

Hi YesTor, many thanks for your interest.

At this stage we are not planning to offer alternative running numbers. However, we are considering multi-packs but do not have definite details at the moment.

We appreciate all feedback.

Just a little more news. I have had a 3D print done of the wagon based directly off of the production drawings. It looks pretty good. There are certain parts that will work with IMP but not with the 3D printer so I will fabricate those parts for the sample but I am currently cleaning up the parts and preparing for a paint finish so watch this space.

post-6894-0-02103300-1485185398_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Just a little more news. I have had a 3D print done of the wagon based directly off of the production drawings. It looks pretty good. There are certain parts that will work with IMP but not with the 3D printer so I will fabricate those parts for the sample but I am currently cleaning up the parts and preparing for a paint finish so watch this space.

attachicon.gif2017-01-23 15.28.39.jpg

Looking good chap, i've also expressed my interest and pre ordered some Redland PGA's :)

Are these wagons to be produced with different running numbers and/or supplied perhaps as multi-packs, eg. 3 or 4 wagons? 

thank you  :)

Hi YesTor,

Something that we have been considering was offering data panel transfers as an after market product for those customers that would like to renumber their wagons. Subject to there being enough demand.

This might be an alternative to offering different running numbers for those that are interested.

Don t suppose you'll be doing the belt loading wagon for the lafarge thingy ? :)

Hi Rob, whilst a model of the self discharge train would be great, I am not sure how many modellers would be interested in buying them. Also the cost to produce such a detailed model would be fairly high I expect, possibly putting off potential customers. May be one of the larger manufacturers may produce one in the future.

Hi Rob, whilst a model of the self discharge train would be great, I am not sure how many modellers would be interested in buying them. Also the cost to produce such a detailed model would be fairly high I expect, possibly putting off potential customers. May be one of the larger manufacturers may produce one in the future.

I do wonder sometimes if anyone looks at these wagons? Not only are they very complex, there are four distinctive hoppers - different bodies, different frame lengths and also the unloading station. Whilst they would be a really useful model with a lot of play potential a set would cost a fortune to manufacture. http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/selfdischarge

Paul