Class 142

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

Heres a TL11 in a preserved bus… sounds no different except the absence of rail joints and track squeal… even the strain of the engine in a lower gear reminds me of new 142’s climbing Bromley Cross…

maybe for sound, hire the bus, and go on a motorway jolly then a few hills.

Edited by adb968008

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

TESTING & MORE TESTING !!

142 Circuit Board Front IMG_3119.jpg

Looking good Charlie. Are the capacitors to keep the lighting flicker free or for the motor? I have seen previously that some DCC units can give out 20v so 25v capacitors are recommended.

Are the 16v capacitors protected from higher voltages?

Edited by rockmonkey

13 minutes ago, rockmonkey said:

Looking good Charlie. Are the capacitors to keep the lighting flicker free or for the motor? I have seen previously that some DCC units can give out 20v so 25v capacitors are recommended.

Are the 16v capacitors protected from higher voltages?

Just the Lighting on this model.

On 07/08/2022 at 11:35, JackB95 said:

+1 vote for any Welsh stuff! So an ATW version is a big thumbs up from me thanks!

Late to the party -again! And an ATW for me please.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, charliepetty said:

All this and more have been put into this little baby, just hope that you the customer will support our efforts at bringing better models into the hobby.

We will support it ;) 

• Agree 1

On 11/10/2022 at 19:51, charliepetty said:

We are pushing our skills at getting this right, our 143/144 over 8 years ago made waves at a low price aimed at modellers, our 156 eclipsed this in our opinion based on our experiences on the 143/144, with unheard of features like working door lights and other unique lighting features such as interior lights, cab lights, destination blind lights and day time and night time front lights.

Yes our Class 142 has:

2 X Roof Profile styles (Covering all 142 Versions)

3 X Cab Units covering all periods.

2 X Door Types featuring 4 leaf & 2 leaf doors.

4 X Seating styles to cover every 142.

Twin Motored cars for smooth performance.

Powered coupling for superior electrical pickup.

Full Interior Lighting with anti flicker capicitors.

High Specifaction Lighting features.

Early Leyland & the Later Cummings DCC Sounds are featured.

Exterior Door lights with delay feature on Guards door.

Standard couplings or Dummy BSI Units with every model.

All this and more have been put into this little baby, just hope that you the customer will support our efforts at bringing better models into the hobby.

Over the years it seems that innovation and finesse always comes from the 'little guys' with the big guys catching up later, its always a shame when innovation is crushed by 'the big guys' as we have seen attempted with Accurascale (Class 37 & Manor) , Cavalex (Class 91), DJ Models (APTp). Hattons (Class 66) and Rails (Terrier).

We are working hard to get this right and we know you will be impressed.

Arran & Charlie

142 2+3 Seats.jpg

142 Circuit Board Centre + 21Pin Plug.jpg

Hello Charlie, 

The job here is looking totally stunning. I am gobsmacked at the attention to detail, even the style of destination blind for some of the early units has been included! Although this might be a 142, and one of the more basic builds ever on the main railway, the same can not be said for the model that pays tribute to the workhorse that was in the region plying its trade for years. 

It really is commendable that such an effort has been taken. Attention to detail, the versatility that's been brought in for tooling options, all so that many different varients can be done. I am sure that there will be many modellers that will be wanting to get these and have them in number so they can realistically portray a scene that these units can be crucial to be a part of. 

Charlie is right about the fact that big companies can still cherry pick the projects of others. At this stage its clear that both 142, 143/144 and 156 are a Realtrack domain, but if others went to model one of these my money would be staying with Realtrack. Charlie has achieved a great result to make a product many of us are after and built up a customer loyalty that I too am happy to be a part of. 

Honestly, really looking forward to getting these. Just hope that Tyne and Wear unit gets to the front of the cue!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I suspect with all the various gimmicks you're adding I won't be able to justify the expense of purchasing one. They certainly won't be at a "low price aimed at modellers". Quite apart that for the period I'm interested in for a potential "Newcastle Haymarket" (was going to be Minories but I haven't got the space in OO) I need a Provincial and Tyne and Wear 143.

I probably like the 143 better than the 142 because I never actually travelled on a 143…

• Funny 1