J & M Hughes

mike hughes

A slight setback as the caster said would be pretty expensive to cast what I supplied so decided to make resin copies of the bogie side and then send up a complete bogies worth to cast.

Anyway, have now done the mould of the 21t coal hopper body and got as far as attaching to a parkside chassis.

post-1675-0-25181400-1491343013_thumb.jpg

Michael

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've got as far as painting the grey on the 21T coal hopper and have made complete set of the LMS Salmon bogie ready to send away to the casters (made resin copies of the bogie sides using a 2-part mould) Fingers crossed that I'll pick up the bogies at the Larger Scale show. We are also down for having a table there.post-1675-0-77279300-1492188974_thumb.jpg

Michael

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I've got as far as painting the grey on the 21T coal hopper and have made complete set of the LMS Salmon bogie ready to send away to the casters (made resin copies of the bogie sides using a 2-part mould) Fingers crossed that I'll pick up the bogies at the Larger Scale show. We are also down for having a table there.attachicon.gifIMG_0457.JPG

Michael

Hi Michael...

Do you have any images of a finished 21tonner yet.?..

Randall

Thanks Michael...

Looks excellent....

I have vivid memories of long rakes of rusty rebodied 21tonners being hauled through Cardiff General in the days before air-braked HAA's. I presume you'll have a couple on display at Doncaster in a couple of weeks?

Randall

Edited by RandyWales

Thanks Michael...

Looks excellent....

I have vivid memories of long rakes of rusty rebodied 21tonners being hauled through Cardiff General in the days before air-braked HAA's. I presume you'll have a couple on display at Doncaster in a couple of weeks?

Randall

I'm not going to Doncaster. I should be trading at Telford this year though

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

Is it possible to order the 21t hopper yet?

What livery options will you be offering?

Thanks

Randall

Hi Randall

Yes you can order the coal hoppers

Firstly Liveries are either Grey or the Later bauxite.

Also available in either Fitted or unfitted.

Either the BR underframe or the LNER style (High up handbrake lever) - think these were only the unfitted type

Various axleboxes choices, not sure if they had a variants of buffers other than 4-rib

Regards

Michael

One of the loco kits we inherited was an Ivatt 2-6-2T. Originally the tanks, cab and bunker were in white metal. The bunker was not long enough in length. 

We decided to make the tanks, cab, bunker along with the firebox and tank tops as a one piece resin moulding (Will be when I've finished it!). The rest of the boiler will be a separate moulding.

Michael

post-1675-0-43124000-1497206232_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

A couple of announcements today.

Firstly, I've been asked to produce some MK2 windows and these are currently at the etchers. They're for the MK2-2C and are in nickel silver.

Secondly a new loco is a step closer as the chassis is also at the etchers. Its a Class 06 shunter and will be both cab versions (2 and 3 window) The body and cab will be resin.

Michael

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Are the Mk2 frames going to be generally available? As there seems to be a trend currently for cutting and shutting Big Big Train Mk2's I think they would be very useful.

Cheers for now, Ian

Hi Michael,

Are the Mk2 frames going to be generally available? As there seems to be a trend currently for cutting and shutting Big Big Train Mk2's I think they would be very useful.

Cheers for now, Ian

Hello Ian

Yes we will make these available for anyone to buy. At the moment I estimate the price per fret to be £12.50

Michael

Hello Ian

Yes we will make these available for anyone to buy. At the moment I estimate the price per fret to be £12.50

Michael

Hi Michael,

That is great news. I have a few to do and the fret will make it easier to do other types as well as the standard TSO.

Cheers for now, Ian

• Like 1

Hi Michael,

That is great news. I have a few to do and the fret will make it easier to do other types as well as the standard TSO.

Cheers for now, Ian

I will one day get to getting round to doing drawings for MK2 coaches, so can get them etched. Need to work out how to place the floor in there and ill have to chase up my flypress up and then get a tool made up to get the curve in the sides.

Will only have a few of the window frets at Telford as this is the test etch and will have to reorder some more.

Michael

• Like 1

I will one day get to getting round to doing drawings for MK2 coaches, so can get them etched. Need to work out how to place the floor in there and ill have to chase up my flypress up and then get a tool made up to get the curve in the sides.

Will only have a few of the window frets at Telford as this is the test etch and will have to reorder some more.

Michael

It would be good if you would consider doing etched sides similar to what D Parkin did in 1981 when he introduced the Post War Prototypes range and produced Mk 11a stock described as a "sheet of etched sides and other parts to use with the Novo Big-Big coaches as SO, FK, BSO and BFK". Price then was £13 per kit!

Regards

Alan

It would be good if you would consider doing etched sides similar to what D Parkin did in 1981 when he introduced the Post War Prototypes range and produced Mk 11a stock described as a "sheet of etched sides and other parts to use with the Novo Big-Big coaches as SO, FK, BSO and BFK". Price then was £13 per kit!

Regards

Alan

I did wonder about the history of the couple of etched MK2 sides I brought a few years back!

I was considering for the MK2 having the sides on a sheet with separate floor anyway, as would use aluminium extruded roof, resin ends and wasn't sure what to do for the floor.

Think I would have to charge more than £13!!

Regards

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Secondly a new loco is a step closer as the chassis is also at the etchers. Its a Class 06 shunter and will be both cab versions (2 and 3 window) The body and cab will be resin.

I saw the 06 body at Telford but did not have chance to ask about it.   Do you know when the release date will be and what will be included, e.g. wheels and motor?

Thanks.

Edited by Cheshire001

I saw the 06 body at Telford but did not have chance to ask about it.   Do you know when the release date will be and what will be included, e.g. wheels and motor?

Thanks.

I need to finish building the test etch for the chassis and do the mould for the 3 window cab first before giving a release date.

Included in the kit will be everything excluding wheels, gears, motor. (The usual things).

I'll have to upload a photo of it when I get a chance

Michael