Oxford N7

• 1 month later...

Do we have an ETA on the N7... I noted on the website it is this year... I am trying to have the Quad Art I mentioned earlier ready for its release.... Strangely for me the coaches are comming together very quickly, painted & "transferred" the bodies, Bogies have been assembled, Now the roofs have been fitted with ventilators. That was almost 2 full packs of MJT ventalators! I have on order MJT turnbucke underframes. then it will be foot boards, sole bars and interiors then "glazing". I havn't built anything this quickly in years.  :sungum:

This is stunning for me as the Quad art only needs set numbers and its on its wheels ready to roll.... Couplings, sprung buffers how ever I have found the most annoying thing to paint... its the foot boards and I always seem to get some on the sole bar! so out with the paint again.... paint on the foot boards... and repeat! I replaced the Kirk sole bars with 1/8 channel from Plastruct. they match the Hornby suburbans quite nicely. Tonight I will try to get a photo or 2! 

As Promised here is a couple of photos of the Quad art I hope I have caught the size of the beast. 

This was to be a cheaper exercise in modelling to use up what I had in the "one day" box  as it has turned out due to the size they are still a bit expensive when you start buying in detailing bits just in the shear numbers! 

post-3192-0-02547600-1507544375_thumb.jpg

post-3192-0-03558400-1507544495_thumb.jpg

It is only missing the carriage numbers and some touch up of the paint in a couple of areas and I think it is finished. 

Looks like I need to use a tripod and a long exposure to get most of the carriages in focus 

Edited by DougN
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed, and any clarity on the model to be finished as E9621, or news on an N7/3?

Edit: It appears that OR76N7003 ie the model being released as E9621 has now changed to 69612 with early crest. Was this a round topped example?

Edited by NXEA!

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, and any clarity on the model to be finished as E9621, or news on an N7/3?

Edit: It appears that OR76N7003 ie the model being released as E9621 has now changed to 69612 with early crest. Was this a round topped example?

That’s a bit more interesting.

Don’t see it on the website..

http://www.oxfordrail.com/76/OR76N7.htm

• RMweb Premium

Judging by the number of different Adams radial liveries no doubt that Oxford will come through with more for their N7. They're not like Hornby in that respect. I'm still waiting for Hornby trout's in NE engineers blue and a pack of three LNER weathered hoppers in various liveries!!!

Oxford seem to be aware that potential customers will buy more than one of an engine but not more than one if they're all gonna be the same.

Squatch

Edited by Sasquatch

It's strange as the image show's 69612 but the text reads 69621....Very confusing

Guest Midland Mole

It's strange as the image show's 69612 but the text reads 69621....Very confusing

Probably just a mistake by whoever typed the text on the page. I say that having done the same myself. ;)

Alex

• RMweb Premium

Probably just a mistake by whoever typed the text on the page. I say that having done the same myself. ;)

Alex

:umbrage:At least you didn't go further and letter an engine wrong ..... :nono:  Haha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any sign of the N7 at Warley?

John Storey

They're hoping for decorated samples for the Toyfair 2018 in January. That ties in with the Janus and Dean Goods releases as I recall. New product announcements have previously been made at London toyfairs.

Hi  Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but it appears that Oxford are producing LNER 8011 and earlier GE numbers of the N7. These locos were Westinghouse brake only, and remained so until withdrawal BR in the 50s-60s. They spent their entire lives on the Liverpool St suburban services and were never vacuum fitted. I wonder if Oxford will produce some GE stock to suit?

Roger

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not on the LV suburban services though - either the Gresley Quins for Enfield & Chingford services or the ex-GE and Gresley Ilford stock, both of which were 54' non-vestibuled.

Does anyone know what stock was used (I'm talking mid 1930s) to Shenfield - and was it N7 hauled? And what was used loco and stock wise for runs to Chelmsford etc.? N7/3 2600 was a Chelmsford loco for most of its life according to RCTS - any idea what it was used for?

Does anyone know what stock was used (I'm talking mid 1930s) to Shenfield - and was it N7 hauled? And what was used loco and stock wise for runs to Chelmsford etc.? N7/3 2600 was a Chelmsford loco for most of its life according to RCTS - any idea what it was used for?

Anything from old GE 6 wheel suburban stock through the 27' bodies mounted on 54' underframes to the ex-GE and specially-constructed Gresley Ilford stock as previously mentioned, all assembled into regular homogenous sets, i.e. made up from the same type of carriage. Motive power would include N7s but the F4s/F5s and F6s were still common on these workings.

There's a photograph taken May 1939, when the Ilford flyover was under construction for the eventual Shenfield electrification, that has N7No. 870 hauling a train made up from one of the low arc roof suburban sets constructed c1900. Suburban carriages can be identified by the bars across the door droplights.

Refer to the GER Society website for more information: https://www.gersociety.org.uk/index.php/rolling-stock/carriages/types-9-13 The later ex-GE 54' Ilford stock is described under type 13A while the Ilford Stock Gresley-period carriages were Diagrams 202 (Brake Thirds), 203 (Thirds), 204 (Seconds), 205 (First/Second). All, including the Gresleys, were Westinghouse air brake-fitted.

• RMweb Gold

Great thanks - such a shame D&S is so hard to get at the moment. I have written asking for availability but not had a reply as yet.

Would the Quints have headed towards Shenfield at all?

Edited by Bucoops

Great thanks - such a shame D&S is so hard to get at the moment. I have written asking for availability but not had a reply as yet.

Would the Quints have headed towards Shenfield at all?

Not at all likely in a regular service, but they were quite often used for excursions at weekends - despite the total absence of lavatory facilities - so are known to have done so in summer.