Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

I am happy to share another update on Kings Moreton. 

Since I last posted, the group have continued on the re-wiring and have managed to get the two circuits operational and are wiring the yards up for independent use. The layout will form the centre piece of the new museum called "The Loft" which is situated up the steps in the courtyard next to my shop. 

The group have been developing their collection with some of the former gallery shop units converted into individual displays. These include a display of old toys, a Hornby Triang layout complete with working Minic Motorway and a Hornby Track Mat layout which will run some of the Thomas models.

No scenic work has been undertaken on Kings Moreton as yet but I can share a pic of one of the test workings

IMG_4250.jpg.02c4b0b1ed5beb233c5b589e76f7c95e.jpg

The temporary sign is also in place. There are plans to open for preview days weekends from September to coincide with the Matlock Bath illuminations.

IMG_4251.jpg.518d7bdb2ae625c84c5769baf4dab237.jpg

I will share further updates as and when I can.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

The same Doorway  / Removable section as in the pic above, but viewed from the inside and with its backscene in place.

IMG_5118.JPG.1da1144cfc5987a6bce91abfe788bf6d.JPG

The back scene still exists. If you look carefully in my photo you can see it lying under the bench. The group have removed it so that the scene can be viewable from the other side. I know they plan to tidy up the front in time. The back scene may switch sides.

• Like 2