Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Don that walk along the canal at Colemere is one of my favourites especially towards Ellesmere where the canal follows the shore of Blakemere and onto the canal tunnel ...wonderful place for scenic ideas and inspiration .... :sungum:     and excellent bird spotting too

I've just been looking on Gooooooogle Earth and cant see the Canal at Colemere! :O

Should be to the north east ....I think of the mere ...look at Blakemere and it will show the canal going alongside the mere 

Thanks, Martin, I was looking South West, I've found it now, cheers to you and Don for pointing it out to me.

I've just had a quick look at the Canal outside, and despite a grey overcast sky it's looking a lot more like it should.

It does have a nice greeny / brown tint to it in TOPS, but reflects the Sky outside, just as it should. There is very little milkyness now and with me having TWO MORE busy days, by Thursday it should be fine for me to carry on with some other jobs on the Layout.

post-9335-0-90774600-1501518503_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60277000-1501518546_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07876400-1501518590_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59947500-1501518626_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

That 's looking good.

Anything else planned for the area.....!

Thanks Kevin, just the Pub at the top of the bank and then a cutting beyond that.

Around the Canal will be a Fisherman, maybe some Kids / Children on the Tow Path, and a Barge, if I can find the right sort, there are many out there, but most are Cargo carrying ones from Days gone by, and would be out of place in a 60's - 80's Canal scene.

I don't want to over crowd the area with gimmicks.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Thanks Kevin, just the Pub at the top of the bank and then a cutting beyond that.

Around the Canal will be a Fisherman, maybe some Kids / Children on the Tow Path, and a Barge, if I can find the right sort, there are many out there, but most are Cargo carrying ones from Days gone by, and would be out of place in a 60's - 80's Canal scene.

I don't want to over crowd the area with gimmicks.

Sounds idyllic, don't forget the gate leading to the beer garden with a nice welcome sign!!!

Plus some trees of course sticking out of the bushes, small ones at that - can't forget the trees......

Did you ever find your stolen pub sign?

If you need people fishing could I ask the Colonel and his wife to pop over to try out the waters for you?

She is having as about much luck as her husband in catching anything in the stream - I think they are getting bored!

• Like 4

Sounds idyllic, don't forget the gate leading to the beer garden with a nice welcome sign!!!

Plus some trees of course sticking out of the bushes, small ones at that - can't forget the trees......

Did you ever find your stolen pub sign?

If you need people fishing could I ask the Colonel and his wife to pop over to try out the waters for you?

She is having as about much luck as her husband in catching anything in the stream - I think they are getting bored!

I did notice that she didn't have a Picnic Hamper and a Bottle of Wine with her.

No sign of the Pub Sign I'm afraid.

Yes some smaller Trees that wont cast a shadow on the back scene may be o.k.but I wan't to be able to do UP SHOTS in that area, so I don't wan't to much along the front of the Tracks.

Hello Andy I have just spent an enjoyable 20mins or so catching up, as ever your work is inspirational, and yet again another stunning back scene. You certainly have an eye and talent for that landscape painting.

Best regards

Craig

Hello Andy I have just spent an enjoyable 20mins or so catching up, as ever your work is inspirational, and yet again another stunning back scene. You certainly have an eye and talent for that landscape painting.

Best regards

Craig

Thanks Craig, I'm doing the Demo at the Club tomorrow night, and if the Video comes out O.K. I'll post it on here.

Glad your enjoying the ride.

• Like 2

Anytime you are back up this way I will let you do a demo on my back scene boards and I will video it ;-)

How long would it take you to do 40 odd ft ?

Best regards

Craig

I'm up in November, but only for 10 Days, and I don't think the Good Lady would let me lose for that long, hahhah.

Having said that, I would be happy to do a demo for you and Jint's one afternoon.

• Like 3

I'm up in November, but only for 10 Days, and I don't think the Good Lady would let me lose for that long, hahhah.

Having said that, I would be happy to do a demo for you and Jint's one afternoon.

Best being done at Talyllyn me thinks!!!!!! ;) ;)

Lovely work on the canal Andy, you don't half move on with things!!!

Jinty ;)

Canal looking spot on as is the greenery either side. Your right about not overdoing it with to many gimmicky items

Some times it's easy to get carried away

Dan

Cheers Dan, yes I don't like gimmicks, but some small cameos that blend into as scene looks right.

You will see the WR Stock out soon including a Warship that replaced the one you bought from me, hahha Will I ever learn not to sell good stock? :no:  :no:  :no: probably NOT :O

• Like 1

That canal's looking the business now Andy, glad you stuck with it.

I really must starrt mine soon.

Al.

Hahha, I was hoping you would do yours first Al, so that I could learn from the MASTER, :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 1

Best being done at Talyllyn me thinks!!!!!! ;) ;)

Lovely work on the canal Andy, you don't half move on with things!!!

Jinty ;)

Does that mean doing Mountains? 

Thanks, there will be a new start on Thursday all being well, and hopefully move on to the main board next week.

Cheers Dan, yes I don't like gimmicks, but some small cameos that blend into as scene looks right.

You will see the WR Stock out soon including a Warship that replaced the one you bought from me, hahha Will I ever learn not to sell good stock? :no:  :no:  :no: probably NOT :O

After the weekend watching Abbotswood Junction has given me the need to run some WR stock too Hopefully later in the week.

As a tribute to you sir that said WARSHIP shall run first with a weekend holiday special and yes there will OAP discounts

Just incase you wish to book

Dan

• Like 3

Does that mean doing Mountains? 

Thanks, there will be a new start on Thursday all being well, and hopefully move on to the main board next week.

Jinty ...... may be we shouldn't be offering Andy to paint on the 7mm boards .... it will get him thinking again ... before you know it, Kings Moreton will be ripped up, all stock sold off and another incarnation of Beale Street will be on the threads  :whistle:

Give us a nod when you are up Andy, and remember bring some Sun protection you know how warm and dry it is in North Wales in November  :sungum:

Best regards

Craig.

After the weekend watching Abbotswood Junction has given me the need to run some WR stock too Hopefully later in the week.

As a tribute to you sir that said WARSHIP shall run first with a weekend holiday special and yes there will OAP discounts

Just incase you wish to book

Dan

Do you do Season Tickets as well Dan? hahha :no:

Lol! When it comes to landscapes and waterworks, I'm still the Apprentice... :scratchhead: :read: :telephone:

Al.

And talking of Landscapes, where is Bakewell, (I mean the Layout, not the Town), is it still buried under Grindleford?

Jinty ...... may be we shouldn't be offering Andy to paint on the 7mm boards .... it will get him thinking again ... before you know it, Kings Moreton will be ripped up, all stock sold off and another incarnation of Beale Street will be on the threads  :whistle:

Give us a nod when you are up Andy, and remember bring some Sun protection you know how warm and dry it is in North Wales in November  :sungum:

Best regards

Craig.

It's O.K. Craig, I'm keeping my eyes shut this year, :O haha, I know my limits, and KM is now coming on so well that if you two came down, I'm SURE you would BOTH be back to ''OO'' before you got back over the Border, haha :no:

Sun Cream :O  in Wales?   :nono:  :nono:                Your avin a larf mate, hahah :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

And talking of Landscapes, where is Bakewell, (I mean the Layout, not the Town), is it still buried under Grindleford?

Hi mate, yes, it's still there. I'm hoping to be able to shift Grindleford in a while so that I can actually get to it again.

Al.