Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Just caught up on your progress Andy. The canal is coming along a treat. Sorry not to see you at Ruddington - I had a nice chat with Nick and he has been very helpful towards the Weston show. 

Glad you enjoyed the Show Andy, and Nick was helpful in getting contacts for your Weston on Trent Show.

I've just had a quick look at the Canal outside, and despite a grey overcast sky it's looking a lot more like it should.

It does have a nice greeny / brown tint to it in TOPS, but reflects the Sky outside, just as it should. There is very little milkyness now and with me having TWO MORE busy days, by Thursday it should be fine for me to carry on with some other jobs on the Layout.

attachicon.gifCanal 12 001.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 12 002.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 12 003.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal 12 004.JPG

Canal is looking good Andy so the hard work has paid off again. Like the reflection from beyond the lock side in the last photograph as it suggests that there is something beyong the railway ....excellent well done mate.

Canal is looking good Andy so the hard work has paid off again. Like the reflection from beyond the lock side in the last photograph as it suggests that there is something beyong the railway ....excellent well done mate.

Thanks Martin, I would have dearly loved to have actually either modelled, or painted the Lock Gates beyond the Rail Bridge, but bad planning and having literally no idea of a Canal some Months ago when I built the Door section means it has to be left to the imagination.

WHOOPS, I forgot to put the Pub back in on that last shot :O . I'll have to do a re take later, hahaha :no:  :no:  :no: .

Blimey........... not only have you lost a pub sign but now you've lost the whole pub building as well!

Pictures show the back scenes off to perfection, wish I could paint like that!!!

Andy, I particularly like that you put a light misting of the sky tone over your back scene to impart the correct atmospheric perspective effect.  Most backgrounds miss that trick, well done.  

If you were in my art class, I'd give you an A for that.

...but there seems to be a 4X thunder storm brewing over that there sky tone methinks :jester:  Seriously though, that wooded backscene is a thing of beauty Andy.

Regards,

Brian.

Blimey........... not only have you lost a pub sign but now you've lost the whole pub building as well!

Pictures show the back scenes off to perfection, wish I could paint like that!!!

Thanks Kevin, so we have a Kleptomaniac with a Sign and Drinking establishment fetish, this is very worrying.

I'm downloading the Video from this evening at the moment but it could take several hours to down load. The last 10 minute Video took 2 1/5 hours to upload onto You Tube.

• Like 2

Andy, I particularly like that you put a light misting of the sky tone over your back scene to impart the correct atmospheric perspective effect.  Most backgrounds miss that trick, well done.  

If you were in my art class, I'd give you an A for that.

Thanks, the Video has come out o.k. so it's just a case of downloading now, and that shows how it's done, so should be on here soon.

...but there seems to be a 4X thunder storm brewing over that there sky tone methinks :jester:  Seriously though, that wooded backscene is a thing of beauty Andy.

Regards,

Brian.

Cheers Brian, No Rain clouds over KM mate, especially at Dore End, hahah

• RMweb Premium

Andy Love the way you have done the trees. Just out of interest have you had art classes and do or did you paint pictures (besides your excellent backscenes?

Hi Alan

Having been lucky enough to have visited the TOPS I have seen some of Andy's art work, I really like his birds of prey he has done.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Martin, I would have dearly loved to have actually either modelled, or painted the Lock Gates beyond the Rail Bridge, but bad planning and having literally no idea of a Canal some Months ago when I built the Door section means it has to be left to the imagination.

I wonder if you could have the top part of the (closed) lock gates and affix them to the backscene. Alternatively as that part is largely just a collection of black - i.e.greasy - and white lines it might be possible to paint them on knowing your expert skills with a paintbrush.

What's with the guy in the third photo doing the chicken dance?!

I see the gates open behind him. So maybe he is just adjusting his braces after he's had a quick in the bushes behind

The railings

That really is quality modelling when the viewers can bring it all to life.

Very nice work Andy

Regaurds Dan

Hi Alan

Having been lucky enough to have visited the TOPS I have seen some of Andy's art work, I really like his birds of prey he has done.

Thanks Clive, kind words indeed my friend.

I wonder if you could have the top part of the (closed) lock gates and affix them to the backscene. Alternatively as that part is largely just a collection of black - i.e.greasy - and white lines it might be possible to paint them on knowing your expert skills with a paintbrush.

I did try a dummy mock up Dan, on a piece of paper, but there to high and loos all wrong mate, shame really.

Great set of pics Andy. I think they are the best backscenes you have done. I just showed the wife as she said WOW. 

Cheers Peter.

Thanks very much Peter, the Video is just coming up in a couple of post's.

What's with the guy in the third photo doing the chicken dance?!

I see the gates open behind him. So maybe he is just adjusting his braces after he's had a quick in the bushes behind

The railings

That really is quality modelling when the viewers can bring it all to life.

Very nice work Andy

Regaurds Dan

Yes I think you guys are right, looks a bit dodgy to me as well now.

• Like 1

And finally tonight, a few more pics from last Mondays running session.

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 006.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 007.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 009.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 011.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 001.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 003.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 009.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Testing 013.JPG

Good night folk's. :stinker:  :stinker:  :stinker:

A nice collection of wagons you have now got there.