Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Mr P, thanks for the demo you make it look a piece peas !!! I will be watching this again to have a go at my back scene.

But not till after this weekend ...................... we have a very important proud Family day on Friday, our Son is in a very important parade  :imsohappy: somewhere between Exeter & Exmouth, by the side of the River Exe  :wink_mini: .

speak soon 

Craig.

• Like 1

Mr P, thanks for the demo you make it look a piece peas !!! I will be watching this again to have a go at my back scene.

But not till after this weekend ...................... we have a very important proud Family day on Friday, our Son is in a very important parade  :imsohappy: somewhere between Exeter & Exmouth, by the side of the River Exe  :wink_mini: .

speak soon 

Craig.

Thanks Craig, I know that area well, My Parents lived at Topsham, on the Road to Limpstone / Exmouth. I hope you enjoy it mate.

Andy, your pictures are superb, you really ought to think about exhibiting some of them.

Al.

Thanks Al, I only showed the good ones, hahaha. :no:  The BIN is full of failures, hahaha  :O  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Andy, hope you don't mind a "lurker" butting in, I was puzzled by the outdoor photos showing a Brown "thing" under the bridge. Took me a while (its age-related! ) to realise that it was the garden wall ... I don't suppose that a low level view-point will feature too often, but a small mirror might have a suitable disguising effect if you can find a way to locate one. Sorry to butt in on your entertaining thread.

Andy, hope you don't mind a "lurker" butting in, I was puzzled by the outdoor photos showing a Brown "thing" under the bridge. Took me a while (its age-related! ) to realise that it was the garden wall ... I don't suppose that a low level view-point will feature too often, but a small mirror might have a suitable disguising effect if you can find a way to locate one. Sorry to butt in on your entertaining thread.

I see what you mean Don, I hadn't noticed that before. When it's on the Layout with the Shed Door open, I get natural Daylight coming through, and when the Door is closed, its very dark and so cant see anything at all.

post-9335-0-83730100-1501710327_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07498800-1501710464_thumb.jpg

N.B. = These pics are pre Varnish.

And to be fair, if I put a Canal Boat in there, it will block most of the view anyway.

If it bugs me later on, then the mirror is an excellent idea.

Don't worry butting in, there is NO SUCH thing on this thread, all are welcome, any time.

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Hello Buddy, Found the video very informative and interesting, very good....

Cheers George, Thanks for the like on the Backscene Painting Video it was fun to do, and in front of about 15 Club Members so a good turnout. No Editing, except when the Battery failed, and I hadn't noticed it.

I'm back working on the Layout today, and I have some more weathering jobs coming in the post this weekend as well, so that will keep me busy for the next week or so.

Off outside now to make a start, it's pouring with Rain and blowing a hooley here at the moment, so Gardening is out of the question, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY :no:

Edited by Andrew P

And so to the first proper day in TOPS since 24th July, and now making a start on finishing the Door Lift out section around the Pub today.

When I say finish off, I'm referring to fitting the Embankment and wall around the Pub Courtyard to the rear. Fine details like the Boats, Fisherman, Kids, Beer Barrels and Tables etc will come once all the main Scenics are in place, and then I can go around and super detail areas at my leisure, as it's a big one man project.

So far this morning, I've covered the embankment from the Level Crossing up to Dore Lane Bridge with Scenic Flockage.

SORRY about the Hand :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

post-9335-0-05989900-1501755540_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65041700-1501755574_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52562800-1501755633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

And so to the first proper day in TOPS since 24th July, and now making a start on finishing the Door Lift out section around the Pub today.

When I say finish off, I'm referring to fitting the Embankment and wall around the Pub Courtyard to the rear. Fine details like the Boats, Fisherman, Kids, Beer Barrels and Tables etc will come once all the main Scenics are in place, and then I can go around and super detail areas at my leisure, as it's a big one man project.

So far this morning, I've covered the embankment from the Level Crossing up to Dore Lane Bridge with Scenic Flockage.

SORRY about the Hand :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

attachicon.gifDore Lane Embanbment 001.JPG

attachicon.gifDore Lane Embanbment 002.JPG

attachicon.gifDore Lane Embanbment 003.JPG

Looks like Thing from the Addams Family.

• Like 1

The wall around the Pub is now in place, as is the Embankment behind it. The walling is from the Platform off an old Layout, (one of many failures I suppose) so it's at least second or third hand, it's not very strait, BUT that's deliberate, as I hate the as new, pristine look to walls and fencing etc.

post-9335-0-74092000-1501765538_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37819600-1501765572_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65592200-1501765600_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84664800-1501765633_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

The wall around the Pub is now in place, as is the Embankment behind it. The walling is from the Platform off an old Layout, (one of many failures I suppose) so it's at least second or third hand, it's not very strait, BUT that's deliberate, as I hate the as new, pristine look to walls and fencing etc.

attachicon.gifCanal Pub 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal Pub 1 002.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal Pub 1 004.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal Pub 1 009.JPG

As I said before, turning the pub sideways to the profile board looks so much more convincing.

Whole area now beginning to look very good especially when read in conjunction with your backscenes.

As I said before, turning the pub sideways to the profile board looks so much more convincing.

Whole area now beginning to look very good especially when read in conjunction with your backscenes.

Yes, thanks Kevin, once embedded in it will be fine, I hope, hahah.

• RMweb Gold

Andy,  

Brilliant demo and masterful to have someone else actually doing it with you - congratulations to Big John doing well in his apprenticeship!  From the sounds it seems that you had a very good 'bunch of listeners' - more than 'just the OO gaugers'.

Thank you for setting it up and delivering in such a relaxed manner.  Perhaps I can have a couple of stills for the Sight and Sound ... and a short write-up?

Cheers, Peter

Edit - have since read that 15 members attended - great show. PBB

Edited by PeterBB

Andy,  

Brilliant demo and masterful to have someone else actually doing it with you - congratulations to Big John doing well in his apprenticeship!  From the sounds it seems that you had a very good 'bunch of listeners' - more than 'just the OO gaugers'.

Thank you for setting it up and delivering in such a relaxed manner.  Perhaps I can have a couple of stills for the Sight and Sound ... and a short write-up?

Cheers, Peter

Edit - have since read that 15 members attended - great show. PBB

Thanks Peter, Yes about 15 or so attended, and the Video is now on my You Tube Channel; Andy Peters Model Railways, that includes several Videos from Preserved Lines and Exhibitions as well. I will do a bit for Sight and Sound for you.

I hope nobody staggers out of the pub after a skinful and falls off the edge of the paved area   :jester:

Yes your right Ray, but you have to imagine  that is the Car Park and Road in for deliveries etc. I was going to add some more to the width of the Board just there, (and may still do one day) so that I could park a Dray Lorry there with deliveries.

What is the name of the pub, unless I've missed I don't think a name has been mentioned?

You could run a completion to name it - with, say, the first prize being a signed picture of yourself and the winner by the pub enjoying a pint of the local brew!