Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hello Mate, You do seem to be having much more fun with is one Andy, videos shows that, also l love the way the light shows though under the canal bridge when the door is open really nice look, more realistic....

Thanks George, I'm enjoying both the Build and he running. It's lovely to be able to switch on, (remembering to insert the door section :O ), and run Trains with no issues. The few I have had have ALL been down to back to back's, and once each is sorted there fine.

I did renew all the wheel sets on the 7 Hornby CDA's and now there fine as well.

I do enjoy doing Country Scenics, as opposed to Industrial, and therefore the Cutting,  Fields and Hillside will be an enjoyable challenge over the coming Months.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks George, I'm enjoying both the Build and he running. It's lovely to be able to switch on, (remembering to insert the door section :O ), and run Trains with no issues. The few I have had have ALL been down to back to back's, and once each is sorted there fine.

I did renew all the wheel sets on the 7 Hornby CDA's and now there fine as well.

I do enjoy doing Country Scenics, as opposed to Industrial, and therefore the Cutting,  Fields and Hillside will be an enjoyable challenge over the coming Months.

The coming months?

Surely you jest sir!

Yes of course I do, :no:  :boast:  I meant YEARS :sungum:

Takes as long as you want it to, if you're like me it'll alter as better ideas and products come along.

As I have said before, do we ever finish are layouts........

Edited by KNP

Takes as long as you want it to, if you're like me it'll alter as better ideas and products come along.

As I have said before, do we ever finish are layouts........

I agree Kevin, and I'm sure this one will NEVER get finished, but for all the RIGHT REASONS. 

Whilst waiting for a delivery for a weathering job, I've made a start on the Flockage on the corner, I was going to use hanging basket liner for the embankment as we used at the Club, but I've gone for Woodlands Scenics instead, and really happy how it's progressing.

The Clubs Layout cutting with hanging basket liner, but now it's gone flat and looks a bit woolly.

post-9335-0-67078900-1502101097_thumb.jpg

So this is where I'm at at the moment, with WET PVA.

post-9335-0-41991000-1502101185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76213700-1502101205_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38650000-1502101223_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33039900-1502101239_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Andy,

I have been enjoying watching this one develop! That embankment is starting to look really good, what's the plan for the flat section at the top??

Regards,

Gary

Thanks Gary, At the moment the flat top area will be a Field, there will be some Trees I imagine back in the corner, further pics of it's development shortly.

• Like 1

Looking good every time l look in, amazing what some green stuff can do....

Thanks George, I looked at a couple of pics just now from Saturday, when it was stark white, and I can see a real difference now.

Hi Andy,

I have been enjoying watching this one develop! That embankment is starting to look really good, what's the plan for the flat section at the top??

Regards,

Gary

Thanks Gary, At the moment the flat top area will be a Field, there will be some Trees I imagine back in the corner, further pics of it's development shortly.

Looking at it again, it may NEED a hump or something on it.

• Like 1

So here's the progress at Lunch time, and as I just said to Gary in the previous post, the top field may need a hump in it somewhere.

The Gates still need painting Brown. 

Next job here will be to blend the Trees etc. to match.

post-9335-0-38175900-1502110919_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82634900-1502111056_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57145100-1502111074_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54062700-1502111092_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10006200-1502111112_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

That came along nicely.. Really sets it off and breaks down that 'end of the world' vibe that the blank back scene gives. Do you have any preference for static grass or flock for these jobs? Also glad to see I'm not the only one putting off ballasting till later.

Edited by sjrixon

That came along nicely.. Really sets it off and breaks down that 'end of the world' vibe that the blank back scene gives. Do you have any preference for static grass or flock for these jobs? Also glad to see I'm not the only one putting off ballasting till later.

Thanks Scott, when I get to the larger Fields further down, I won't even put a hedge or fence along the back in places, it will just assume that the Field drops off into a Valley over the top. There will be No Hills or distant scene on this side of the Layout as I assume that the flatish Fields are the highest part for this area, as is many parts of Oxfordshire.

I have some old Noch, and some from one of our Club Members that used to sell it, plus I've used some Peco 4 mm Summer, and 2 mm Winter in the Parts done so far, I mix 2 or 3 different lots into the Grass machine for a more varied mix.

And yes, Ballasting will come later, maybe next week all being well.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Just been out to see how it's drying, and I think I'll be adding more light colour over the dark in patches tomorrow, as the dark Green is a tadge to dark and just needs some lifting in tonal value. more like the area around the Signal Box. 

So now stopped for a coffee, but this morning I've re done the top of the Field in the corner.

Firstly I cut up some more Green Polo Shirt and scrumpled some up and laid some more on top, I then put another layer over it and covered it it PVA, this will help it form a hard shell once  dry, I then re did the Flockage.

post-9335-0-79790400-1502187324_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89028000-1502187343_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10272200-1502187360_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12974900-1502187376_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35234300-1502187393_thumb.jpg

Much better, I also added some more light Flock to the cutting side.

post-9335-0-38083700-1502187636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

That is one impressive whatever one of those is!

The Green Polo Shirt clearly makes all the difference.  All my old ones are blue so suspect they will remain as mowing shirts.

You really do have a sixth sense with colours.  That is going to be some corner when you finish it - even if you are threatening some years in the future!

That is one impressive whatever one of those is!

The Green Polo Shirt clearly makes all the difference.  All my old ones are blue so suspect they will remain as mowing shirts.

You really do have a sixth sense with colours.  That is going to be some corner when you finish it - even if you are threatening some years in the future!

Cheers Bogie, you need to Dye those Shirts then mate, hahah . :no:  :nono:  :scared: