Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Sounds quite a journey if you had three different Pendolinos between Stockport and Man Pic

Yes Peter,

150 Unit Hazel Grove to Oxford Road.

Breakfast in Weatherspoons.

Unit? back to Piccadilly,

Pendalino to Stockport,

Pendalino back to Piccadilly

Pendalino back to Stockport

Unit back to Hazel Grove.

coffee and cake in ANOTHER Weatherspoons 

I thought it was 7 Train Rides but it was only 6.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Your spot on Clive, and so many different Liveries as well, in, out and around Manchester, it gave me an idea for another Deesdale type Layout in it's original format as a Terminus.

NO NOT ANOTHER LAYOUT. We cannot keep up with you.

Last time I was in Manchester it was Class 86s/87s on the Euston trains and BRCW DMUs to Buxton........

It would have been nice to see some decent Loco Hauled Traction mate. I can just remember Loco Hauled Trains in there but I've only been there a few times.

Hi Andy,

When I first looked at the last post I know there was a lull for a week or two but I thought you had done a quarry layout - on the quiet, wouldn't have surprised me if you had!

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

When I first looked at the last post I know there was a lull for a week or two but I thought you had done a quarry layout - on the quiet, wouldn't have surprised me if you had!

Hi Mike, No, Kingsford is still as it was, and it's running between working on Trewithen, and is really enjoyable to run.

A lot of Kingsfords stock will be boxed up next week and taken up to our Clubroom ready for our Easter Event on Easter Sunday and Monday. I will be running DCC Sound fitted Steam Freight on the Coopers Dale section.

post-9335-0-90440600-1491207093_thumb.png

post-9335-0-49344400-1491207181_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62651100-1491207255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

In sorting out some Locos for the Open weekend, I thought I'd dig out some more previously un-published pics from the running session I had with Jeff / Binny a few weeks ago.

post-9335-0-51876500-1491249649_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50099300-1491249759_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11924900-1491249818_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78716000-1491249913_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87498600-1491250024_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23530200-1491250138_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35994800-1491250248_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Well yesterday was a Boys Day out, so Jeff / Binny and I went up to Manchester to GeorgeT's and then into Manchester by Train from Hazel Grove, Jeff and I also stopped off at Peak Forest each way to get some photos. 

We rode on 7 different Trains including 3 Pendilinos between Stockport and Piccadilly.

attachicon.gifDay out Canon 021.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out Canon 024.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 001.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out Canon 006.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out Canon 017.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 007.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 009.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 015.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 019.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 010.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 005.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 021.JPG

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 022.JPG

And this one taken at about 75mph through the Pendalino window.

attachicon.gifDay out NIKON 024.JPG

And a bit of FUN.      I WANT ONE. :sungum:    but if I got in, I couldn't get out with my Hip and Knee problems. :no:  :no:  :no:  :boast:

attachicon.gifDay out Canon 008.JPG

the new livery on the TPE 185 looks very busy i hope its not the one they put on the new 68 as i said on Marcus thread some excellent photo at the quarry Andy looks like a good day on the big railway .

• Like 1

the new livery on the TPE 185 looks very busy i hope its not the one they put on the new 68 as i said on Marcus thread some excellent photo at the quarry Andy looks like a good day on the big railway .

Thanks, yes some great new Liveries, I was chatting to Marcus on the Phone last night and saying that I could almost be tempted to get some some of those Units on Kingsford, some nice 144 / 142 / 158 / 150 / 153 etc. really colourful and clean looking, certainly far better than the dull and dreary GWR Green that is now prevalent on that line.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Thanks, yes some great new Liveries, I was chatting to Marcus on the Phone last night and saying that I could almost be tempted to get some some of those Units on Kingsford, some nice 144 / 142 / 158 / 150 / 153 etc. really colourful and clean looking, certainly far better than the dull and dreary GWR Green that is now prevalent on that line.

yes and the gov with new Disabled legislation is about to get rid of most of them . I like the idea of a few of them in model form to add colour to a modelrailway so much better maintained now the private railway company have money to spend on stock well more than BR. :)

• Like 3

So whilst preparing Stock ready for our Open Weekend I've been operating Kingsford, and whilst doing so I've decided on some changes that will become apparent over the next few weeks. Because of the changes and a dislike I had for the Layout Name, I have re named it Kingsley Dale,  to more reflect the Derbyshire Location that it will now have. 

This will now change again to ?????

The Depot has been re instated back to it's original position opposite the window, where it was with BritViv, as will become apparent quite soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

Cheers Bogie, Mike and Clive, Not sure how the Yard will be just yet, or weather it will be a Goods Yard or a Mashlling Yard, still some more re jigging to do later today.

Here,s a couple of pics from earlier, these are NOT the final Plan.

post-9335-0-64035100-1491697679_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88675500-1491697736_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Your local model shop owner must rub his hands together when he reads on RMweb you have changed your mind. I bet he says "That's more track sold to Bodge It Peters, this week" before you even get to his shop. :sungum: