SWAG 2017 - Lineup, Details, Catering - all you need to know

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,.

A quick request - do we have any really early birds who would like the opportunity to be bossed around by Andy Y (sorry, help with setting out the floor plan) ?

Ta

And a gentle reminder from me... announcing (again):

The Good Captain’s BRING & BUY stall

(as it is now called) 

Turn your old modelling and railway stuff into cash, or pick up a bargain on the infamous SWAGONIAN second-hand sales stall!

Yes, we all like a good rummage and a bargain. So the more the merrier - please bring along your unwanted modelling kits and bits, tools, books, materials and even finished models (but no rubbish or magazines, please). Make money - then err, spend it again. Our ever-helpful badge-wearing 'Official Stewards' will be on hand to take your hard-earned cash!

And remember, it's all in a good cause - 10% of monies raised will go to our designated charity, the rest to the seller.

Please download, print out and fill in the form below (instructions on the reverse):

(NB. this is a slightly revised version of the previous form)

RMweb SWAG Taunton Meeting, 30 Apr 2017 - 'The Good Captain’s BRING & BUY stall' Form.pdf

Copies of the form and spare labels will also be available on the day. 

See you all on Sunday, 30th April for a cracking day out ~ at 

Staplegrove Village Hall, 214, Staplegrove Road, Taunton, TA2 6AL

Full details and line-up in post #1 here: 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/120694-swag-2017-lineup-details-catering-all-you-need-to-know/ 

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,.

A quick request - do we have any really early birds who would like the opportunity to be bossed around by Andy Y (sorry, help with setting out the floor plan) ?

Ta

Assuming my lift works as planned I will be there by 09.00 and probably earlier as my driver will have to go and crank up Bath Green Park back at Bishops Lydeard - so at least I can sweep up all the bloodied remains of those who've done the heavy lifting and argued about the floor plan before I arrive ;)

• Like 1

Hi folks,.

A quick request - do we have any really early birds who would like the opportunity to be bossed around by Andy Y (sorry, help with setting out the floor plan) ?

Ta

How early is really early? Edited by Arthur

Just a quick final call in the last days before the Big Event. Several mere beings have attempted to do what the Captain did on his own, and by and large it looks like it might all come together.

There remains one cloud on the horizon, Cake, in the past the Captains little helpers have provided, now we have to fend for ourselves,post-18627-0-59352000-1493107163.png

We have some kind offers, if anyone else can assist please let us know so we can make sure the catering approaches the previous high standards.

Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Although Ive not yet produced any cakes, I did last night spend some time just making the final preparations for the first ever public outing of Canute Road Quay, the stock I am bringing has been checked and the transportation boxes filled, counted and verified. All is set for the off on Saturday morning.

post-243-0-26304600-1493109489_thumb.jpg

A few more pictures can be found on my blog here https://grahammuz.com/2017/04/24/making-quay-progress-canute-road-quay-nears-completion-if-such-ever-happens/

I am looking forward to the weekend and will have Simon AKA St Simon assisting me with playing trains, he should be OK as there are no signals on Canute Road Quay for him to forget to operate...

See you there!

• Like 7

Cake, in the past the Captains little helpers have provided, now we have to fend for ourselves.................

...................We have some kind offers, if anyone else can assist please let us know so we can make sure the catering approaches the previous high standards.

Peter

I don't bake but happy to buy cake to bring: any particular sort required?

Just a quick final call in the last days before the Big Event. Several mere beings have attempted to do what the Captain did on his own, and by and large it looks like it might all come together.

There remains one cloud on the horizon, Cake, in the past the Captains little helpers have provided, now we have to fend for ourselves,attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170425-085737_crop_480x642.png

We have some kind offers, if anyone else can assist please let us know so we can make sure the catering approaches the previous high standards.

Peter

Mrs MulgaBill says she will bring a cartoon of a cake.

Like the layout, it'll be recognisable as a cake, but not necessarily a masterpiece. :blum:

TONY

• RMweb Gold

(as it is now called) 

Who's this 'good Captain', then?

Really folks, I'm flattered, of course, but (and I've had words with Mr Copleston about this), this doesn't actually mean that I'll be 'minding the shop' here!

I might have one or two items to dispose of, though, possibly including a spare copy of 'The History of the Horrocksford Borough Council Janitors and Parks Department'. Anyone interested?

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the weekend and will have Simon AKA St Simon assisting me with playing trains, he should be OK as there are no signals on Canute Road Quay for him to forget to operate...

Do you mean it will resemble something like this scene?

post-7271-0-89990500-1493156839.jpg

:) :P

Simon

• Like 1

Who's this 'good Captain', then?

Really folks, I'm flattered, of course, but (and I've had words with Mr Copleston about this), this doesn't actually mean that I'll be 'minding the shop' here!

I might have one or two items to dispose of, though, possibly including a spare copy of 'The History of the Horrocksford Borough Council Janitors and Parks Department'. Anyone interested?

Well, m'good Capt'n... By way of thanking you for all your years of dedicated effort in organising this annual event, I reckon this is SWAG's equivalent to a memorial park bench! We will all remember you every time monies change hands (grasping b*st*ards, that we are).  :mosking:  

Of course, should you wish to 'volunteer' on the day as an 'Official Steward' on the Bring & Buy, then that might liven things up even further! A bit like looking round and finding the memorialised person sitting at the other end of the park bench...  :pardon:

• Like 2

Which reminds me...

I need a couple of willing 'volunteers' to help me out on Sunday taking turns on the B&B stall for an hour or so each, logging in goods, taking monies, keeping records (ticking off items on the lists) and generally whipping the unruly hoards into order. There will be 'official' B&B badges to wear too! (possibly a free cuppa, as well)  :mail:  :punish:  :derisive:

PM me off list if you can help. Ta!

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 1

I shall do my utmost to attend this weekend.

Someone mentioned cake.

Would it be OK to bring a couple of Tesco finest carrot cakes ? (None for Mr York, he's on a diet)

• RMweb Premium

I shall do my utmost to attend this weekend.

Someone mentioned cake.

Would it be OK to bring a couple of Tesco finest carrot cakes ? (None for Mr York, he's on a diet)

Carrot cake... One of your 5 a day.

Andy