Little Muddle

KNP

5 hours ago, aardvark said:

Dunno about Hurricane in LM - most likely to max out at Gentle Breeze.

Of course it could just be the Schneider Cup trophy float plane and the Squadron leaders landing in LM's harbour.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Tell me, why is a load of bananas being delivered to the creamery?

Unless they are the latest idea for opening the crate.  It is the 1930's after all.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Tell me, why is a load of bananas being delivered to the creamery?

Unless they are the latest idea for opening the crate.  It is the 1930's after all.

Banana milkshake.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
On 25/05/2022 at 06:55, KNP said:

Now it stops on the branch line.

4162.jpg.050073dfac54bc67ecd107a2eed8fe1e.jpg

I have been advised some local train spotters that this happens on the odd occasion which is something I appear to have missed.

When a train comes in from the East and just carrying freight for the creamery the formation will stop in the main goods yard on the eastern side of Encombe Town, the loco will run around and push the wagons, like we see here, onto the branch and then back into the bay before finally finishing up into the creamery.

Normally they will be attached to a freight formation for LM where they can be rearranged and brought back to the creamery.

Such a faff, but then I ran out of space for a run round so had to come up with this answer....

Are you allowed to propel stock on a main line like that... Without a gaurds van on the other end?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, John Besley said:

Are you allowed to propel stock on a main line like that... Without a gaurds van on the other end?

Within station limits, I think, yes.  Or anywhere where the instructions say you can.  Which must be the case here!

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

The loco is facing forwards towards the creamery. Did it reverse into the bay, or will it reverse into the creamery??

When it has dropped its train in the creamery, it will have to reverse/ go backwards to the bay.

Which way is reverse?

Discuss . . . . .🤪

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

The loco is facing forwards towards the creamery. Did it reverse into the bay, or will it reverse into the creamery??

When it has dropped its train in the creamery, it will have to reverse/ go backwards to the bay.

Which way is reverse?

Discuss . . . . .🤪

Errrrr…..

Hmmmmm….

Don’t know!!!

Can I ask the audience?

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

That’s all a little bit to complicated for me on a Saturday morning.

Me too. Hence the question. I believe steam locos have reversers, which (I assume) is used when the loco goes backwards . . . .

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Me too. Hence the question. I believe steam locos have reversers, which (I assume) is used when the loco goes backwards . . . .

Goodness this is getting a bit advanced and technical.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Fishplate said:

Which way is reverse?

Discuss . . . . .🤪

If you turn your H&M controller knob clockwise it's Forward. Anti-clockwise is Reverse.

Simples.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

Goodness this is getting a bit advanced and technical.

I'm just getting a bit worried about the milk.

I think by the time that tankers in the siding its going to have turned to cheese let alone cream.

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm just getting a bit worried about the milk.

I think by the time that tankers in the siding its going to have turned to cheese let alone cream.

A similar thought crossed my mind the other day concerning the crate. 

I think the assumption has been that it’s something being delivered to the creamery …….. but what if it’s something the creamy has produced and is in fact waiting and waiting and waiting to be delivered.

Brian

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

If you turn your H&M controller knob clockwise it's Forward. Anti-clockwise is Reverse.

Simples.

IIRC there were slide switches to change the pitch of the Tesla's laboratory humming noise and increase the dusty old Christmas tree lights smell too.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

A similar thought crossed my mind the other day concerning the crate. 

I think the assumption has been that it’s something being delivered to the creamery …….. but what if it’s something the creamy has produced and is in fact waiting and waiting and waiting to be delivered.

Brian

Are we on the cusp of seeing history happen before our eyes... It's so exciting I might have to go and have a lie down to calm my nerves (think I've got some...)

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Simples.

Only if you are using the 3-rail DC current collection system. If you are using 2-rail "Forward" and "Reverse" refer to the direction of travel along the track (which ever way the loco faces). One of the reasons I like "Deliberately Old-Fashioned trains"!

Regards

Chris H

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1