Locomotionmodels.com NEW RELEASES...

• RMweb Premium

Most people on RMweb will know 'Big Jim' had himself 3D scanned and models of him are now available to drive our model locos.

So is Sandra going to get herself 3D scanned along with a huge pile of model APT-E boxes as a memento of her time at Locomotion? Then we can all have a miniature Sandra on our layouts as a reminder of the great work she has done for us.

• Like 6

I will go for the Wainwright D 4-4-0 (a Brighton atlantic is a possible, in proper livery of course, but I rule that out as it's not an NRM engine).  If not the D then like Coachmann my money is on Hardwicke.

Regrettably I don't think it will be NER 1621.

The diesel could be a GWR railcar but that's very much a long odds item.

Sadly, Hardwicke has been ruled out. It was mentioned before a “no smiley face” from Sandra.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, Hardwicke has been ruled out. It was mentioned before a “no smiley face” from Sandra.

Indeed, I do wonder about a matching single, if not Cornwall then another possibility is the lovely Midland Railway 673.

Would go nicely with the forthcoming Bachmann Midland 1P tank...

Cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Last time I was wandering around the NRM I was taken with the idea that Locomotion might very well produce the LNER Dynamometer Car, something that would be really interesting and unusual but something that would probably sell quite well. Obviously Sandra's initial post put an end to such thoughts but I still think it would be something that would generate a lot of interest. Wishlisting - guilty as charged!

all the best

Godfrey

post-138-0-26113700-1492111588_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Last time I was wandering around the NRM I was taken with the idea that Locomotion might very well produce the LNER Dynamometer Car, something that would be really interesting and unusual but something that would probably sell quite well. Obviously Sandra's initial post put an end to such thoughts but I still think it would be something that would generate a lot of interest. Wishlisting - guilty as charged!

all the best

Godfrey

ill just leave this here then

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121800-new-brand-new-model-rails-exclusive-lner-dynamometer-car/

One assumes this is something already tooled up and part of the NRM....

Hum... Q1 number C1

Hornby are doing the Q1 this year and C1 has never been done by them.

It does say "Brand new models" in the OP. One of which has already been mentioned. Hence the smiley face.  :)

One steam and one diesel, which rules out electrics and rolling stock.

Jason

It does say "Brand new models" in the OP. One of which has already been mentioned. Hence the smiley face. :)

One steam and one diesel, which rules out electrics and rolling stock.

Jason

Yes brand new models but not necessarily brand new tooling. If Locomotion are struggling about giving the go for an HST prototype (a logical success story to follow the APT-E) and the Stirling single has lost a tender, then existing tooling is the only option.

The first smily face I believe went to the diesel 47798, Prince William. Doubtless a Bachmann model. This leaves C1 (Q1 class) in the steam department.

Edit: then again maybe not, they already did 47798 back in 2013!

Edited by JSpencer

Most people on RMweb will know 'Big Jim' had himself 3D scanned and models of him are now available to drive our model locos.

So is Sandra going to get herself 3D scanned along with a huge pile of model APT-E boxes as a memento of her time at Locomotion? Then we can all have a miniature Sandra on our layouts as a reminder of the great work she has done for us.

Ha ha!!! I like the sound of that although all those apt-e boxes would give me nightmares!!

I will go for the Wainwright D 4-4-0 (a Brighton atlantic is a possible, in proper livery of course, but I rule that out as it's not an NRM engine).  If not the D then like Coachmann my money is on em.

If it is a D, I,m buying one...