IZA Cargowaggon twin van from Revolution Trains

97403_Ixion

As Ben reply to my question on the previous page

At the moment we are focussed on N Gauge for this model, and while I can see the attraction we won't be offering any further 4mm models until we have delivered the 00 TEAs to the market.

• RMweb Gold

Well, that's my first Revolution model ordered.  Remember seeing rakes of these just outside Manchester at a rail linked warehouse.  A great choice.

Out of interest, why can't you order an older style livery with flashing tail light?  Is it assumed that they would be run in a pre-flashing rear light era?

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest, why can't you order an older style livery with flashing tail light?  Is it assumed that they would be run in a pre-flashing rear light era?

Hi Stuey,

Thanks for supporting the project.

The flashing rear light is something of an experiment TBH. Once the project is a little further in and we can assess the level of support for such a feature then we'll consider offering it in other livery versions. Though I would be interested to know whether, in mid-80s to mid-90s, the tail light would've been flashing or solid.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Ben, I think Touax (the current owner) might have picked up on the comments about the external condition of these wagons. There were two rakes, and some loose wagons, at Frethun today; at least five pairs had seen a partially-successful attempt to return the sides to bare metal. However, the person doing the cleaning must have forgotten his steps,  as the sloping upper parts remained filthy.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Stuey,

Thanks for supporting the project.

The flashing rear light is something of an experiment TBH. Once the project is a little further in and we can assess the level of support for such a feature then we'll consider offering it in other livery versions. Though I would be interested to know whether, in mid-80s to mid-90s, the tail light would've been flashing or solid.

Cheers

Ben A.

This thread suggests the battery powered (flashing) tail lamps were introduced in the mid 1970s; Oil lamps became rarer in the 1980s, finally being withdrawn from use in 1991.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Hello Brian,

I saw a rake at DIRFT the week before last and there were defintely some clean pairs. Maybe they're getting a clean as they cycle through maintenance?

Cheers

Ben A.

It's the sort of cleaning job that my grandfather would have sent me out with a tooth-brush to finish properly. The wagons I've seen coming back from Hazebrouck, where they undergo PPM, don't seem to include any cleaned ones. 

Hi Ben,

I'm guessing at this stage it might be too early to know, but I hope you don't mind me asking. I take it the tail lamp option will be fully DCC compatible? Will an accessory decoder be required, like a DVT / dummy loco?

I think this is a great choice, and I'm looking forward to supporting my first RevolutioN project!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the support. The flashing tall lamp will be battery powered with an on/off switch. We are keeping it simple to start with.

Cheers

Ben A.

That seems like a very sensible approach - why complicate matters unnecessarily?! Cheers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I realise you want to keep it simple, but would an option be to provide 2 functions, 1 flashing and 1 static, for those early 80's modellers?

Hi Stuey

These wagons were built in 1986 by which time flashing lights were in use.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

First CADs for the Cargowaggon twins have arrived. Lots more images and information on our website.

post-420-0-27613600-1499877880_thumb.png

post-420-0-45628100-1499877895_thumb.png

post-420-0-77208000-1499877943_thumb.png

There are a few corrections needed - missing handrail, latching handle and holes on the end frames, missing document clip, some missing rivets on the lower side of the doors and spurious parking brakewheels on the B-wagon - but they don't look too shabby for a first draft....

Once these CADs are approved, and assuming supporters continue to sign up at the present rate, there is an outside chance we could have samples in time for the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC which we will be attending.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 7

Hi Ben;

Great news that the CADs are progressing quickly...not so great news for the wallet.

Not being an expert on viewing the CADs, I'm not aware of the minor detailing errors but I'm sure they will be picked up on before tooling goes ahead.

I'll have to budget for some of these between Pendolinos, 92s, KFAs, a new boiler, a refurbished bathroom, a holiday, and any further modelling purchases.

Oh...and some 320s and 321s!!!

Later;

Stu from EGDL

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ged,

It is possible, but it all depends on how quickly people sign up, how quickly the CADs can be corrected, and what capacity the toolroom has to get started on converting the CADs to plastic samples.

Cheers

Ben A.

Well then Ben,

The boiler has just been (metaphorically) pushed back a week or so as I've just ordered a triple and a single with tail lamp to get the order on the books...

And a few 40' Hi Cubes too...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• 2 weeks later...