Diagram 118 24t mineral

Guest Max Stafford

Guest Max Stafford

These are a requirement for my layout project and I intend using the Parkside Diag.115 as a basis. To convert them though, I need a supply of 20" self-contained buffers and also roller bearing axle boxes. 25 wagons are planned at this time, so a source of these parts would be warmly received as mainly Trains don't appear to carry them now.

Dave.

Dave, IIRC the 1/118s had a mix of 'modern' buffers, with probably the most common being Oleos. As well as being 20" throw, they had big 18" dia heads and I think this combo is in the MJT range. A few would have had Dowtys, but I'm not sure if you'll get that particular size/head dia combo. I'm not sure OTTOMH if the self-contained ones had bigger heads as well (I'd look on Paul Bartlett's site but I cant find the relevant gallery even though I know it's there :icon_mutter: ); the more usual pattern are definitely in the MJT range

For roller bearings you're looking at MJT's SKF ones, or maybe utilising the ones available from Roger Chivers or in some Parkside kits. Also the 1/118s had twin door bangers, whereas those on the 1/115s were single.

Archived