86208 Intercity livery with small Res logos on cabside?

With the arrival of the Heljan Model of the 86, does anyone have any photos of 'city of chester' in this state as she was in the mid to late 1990s. I'm certain I remember seeing 86208 in the centre road at Norwich with small Res logos under tha cab windwows, sadly didn't take photo's at the time (isn't that always the case). So if anyone has any that they would like to share, or knows any publications where some might be found, I'd love to see them.

I can confirm this, although my picture of her might not make you happy... click here

Thanks Rich, you're right Thats exactly what I wanted to see, and exactly what I didn't want to see. Even with your warning I wasn't expecting the photo to be quite that visceral and horrific!

Interestingly I recalled the RES logo as being located higher up within the dark grey section of the bodyside not within the redstripe. I seem to remember that the white lettering read something like 'Property of Rail Express Systems' Or something along those lines. I wonder If anyone has anymore detailed shots of the logo and lettering.

I have a copy of the RES Design manual, and it's a very comprehensive document, being highly prescriptive with regards to what typefaces and variations of Logo's could be used. I'm surprised and interested that the logo ended up on this Loco in this manner against all the rules. I wonder if it's application had the design manager chocking on his morning coffee!

Archived