Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

A few items in Ian Allan Birmingham today

Plenty of Scenecraft & some Scenix buildings with healthy discounts as well as a fair pile of EFE buses of various types & dates. (all 1:76)

Locos consist of 5 x BR Warships (32-068) in Maroon with yellow ends down from £125 to £80 and one solitary S&DJR 7F (31-014) in S&D black at the same discount.

Keith

Sorry to be boring but I thought the point of this new thread was to tell people about bargains, not discuss import tarriffs and VAT. We‘ll be onto Brexit next!!!!!!!

I liked Bargain Hunters mark 1 just fine, but everyone else complained about extended discussions.

Sorry to be boring but I thought the point of this new thread was to tell people about bargains, not discuss import tarriffs and VAT. We‘ll be onto Brexit next!!!!!!!

I liked Bargain Hunters mark 1 just fine, but everyone else complained about extended discussions.

Sorry to be boring but I thought the point of this new thread was to tell people about bargains, not discuss people NOT posting about bargains.

• RMweb Premium

Whether or not you pay import duty and vat on your purchase can determine if it is a bargain or not! :jester:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I can confirm that this website seems to be full of "bargains" - model railway bargains.

Thanks for posting.

Indeed for them as still wants one the Windhoff MPV is £58.99 - I know various people have had it on sale from time to time but don't recall it ever being this cheap

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/Bachmann-31-577-Windhoff-MPV-Multi-Purpose-Vehicle-Railtrack/

• Like 1

Bit late for today I'm afraid, but at the show at Bressingham today, Scograil had some Hornby locos heavily reduced. Bought a J50 for £47.50.

There were a number of others including from memory, J15 and K1 at £75, D16 at £65 and a King at £85.

Couldn't post earlier cos there's no mobile signal there. These may be on their website or available with a phone call

• RMweb Gold

See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114344-class-37-loco-group-broaden-their-horizons/page-4 for what looks like a very good price on Bachmann Stanier Mogul

Would get one myself if it wasn't SWMBO's birthday next week - don't think she would be too impressed.

No vested interest other than supporting a good cause!

Phil

A visit to a local garden centre provided a pleasant surprise recently. Not often that I can say that - more often, all it offers is a couple of hours of my life that I'll never see again!

Anyhow, maybe I shouldn't have been too surprised. The days when garden centres only sold stuff relevant to gardening are long gone. This one - the Wyevale garden centre in Shenstone, Staffs (just off the A5 and the M6 toll!) - has everything from a branch of The Works and an Edinburgh Woollen Mill to a pet store.

To get to the point, this shop (and no doubt other Wyevale centres) has a toy area, which has recently started stocking a large range of Siku die-cast. There's a lot of non-scale stuff, like an upmarket version of Matchbox, from £3 to £7.50-ish, some of which would doubtless be of some interest, but there's also quite a range of more interesting kit:

post-6742-0-85367200-1505052617_thumb.jpg

I'm quite a fan of Siku's large construction stuff - mostly models of Liebherr and Volvo equipment - and any HO modellers out there would hopefully feel the same. I don't know just how much of a bargain any of this is, but it's the largest range of such stuff outside of a dedicated model shop that I've seen for some time, so I hope you'll forgive me sharing it here.

Edited by Steve K
  • Like 5

Anyone fancy a split box class 37 for £105 notes. Model rail website have the loco, I've taken a few off their hands but they are still showing more than 10 in stock. This price is better than the new Bachmann 37049 which I'm sure many are waiting on.

Anyone fancy a split box class 37 for £105 notes. Model rail website have the loco, I've taken a few off their hands but they are still showing more than 10 in stock. This price is better than the new Bachmann 37049 which I'm sure many are waiting on.

You had me all excited for a moment - but it's far too modern. :(

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Gold

this one

http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/p/50849/32-775Y-MR-Bachmann-Class-37-Diesel-Locomotive-number-37-068

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Keith..... there's one less now....

If you subscribe to Model Rail, you generally get 10% off those prices too..... Just let them know your subscriber number (although I can't guarantee it applies to that Class 37).

Cheers

Rob

Kernow model rail centre have 3 versions of OO scale Dapol blue western diesel at £89.99 each..http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/42861/4D-003-012-WSL-Dapol-Class-52-Western-Diesel-Locomotive-D1026

Just 1 away from my desired D1027, though I understand that the Dapol model is incorrect for '27 anyway.