Fixing flextack to foam base

Hi Edward,

PVA would work but - seeing how you've made in the investment in the w/s foam trackbed, why not enhance your investment and use Copydex?

Copydex is a good deal more expensive than PVA, true but it's main advantage is that it dries rubbery rather than hard.

This means that your trains will run nice and quietly along your track rather than "drumming" along.

It has a similar chemical makeup to PVA (but a bit smellier!) and can be diluted with water (for glueing ballast!) just the same as PVA can.

Cheers,

John E.

Thanks, John, [i'm a John E too!], I used Copydex to glue the Track-Bed to the baseboard and it works fine. If I use it to glue the track down will it show when it dries?

Would it be best to paint it on the Track-Bed or paint the base of the sleepers? I don't imagine it would need very much adhesive.

Thanks again,

Edward

I am about to lay SMP track on Woodland Scnics foam rubber Track-bed. I want to use an adhesive but which one? Would PVA work?

Any advice?

Thanks,

Edward

Hi Edward,

I've used "Focus" clear silicone sealant to lay my track on both cork and polyfoam and it's been fine for over two years.

Pete2210

• RMweb Gold

One of the lads at the club used Solvite wallpaper paste thinks it worked well going to give it a try. If you are glueing it down you can spread the glue on the base and sprinkle some ballast on when laying the track, this ensures that the bottom layer of ballast in stuck down to the base. PVA dries hard and may not suit the foam.

Donw

Archived