Long Walk Home

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Anyway after my escapades of this morning I tried to get around the other side only to find my way blocked by a gate. Couldn't move it as in was held in place with a large stone.

I then heard someone walking down the lane so I give up, but I will get around the other side.....one day.

Brilliant work Kevin. And yet another proof that you don't necessairly need a backscene, other than a light background. I like that hint of a story too!

Thanks, the red tinge was achieved by holding a red tea shirt near a lamp to one side.

Part of my challenge will be the photographic side as well as I push my boundaries as to what I can achieve with my TZ100 and accessories.

The Cakebox Challenge will be woven around a story, or will be once I can work out the ending!

• Like 1

Still trying to find out what's going with this Cakebox Challenge that I stumbled upon the other day whilst walking my non existent dog....

So this time I ventured down the country lane from the other end this time.

post-8925-0-89408900-1509984042_thumb.png

A lot of hammering and cursing heard saying something about - who's bright idea was it to do a cornfield!?!?!

but as I rounded the corner

post-8925-0-14239900-1509984145_thumb.png

Nothing, ahh well I shall keep trying?

Have another go tomorrow from across the field perhaps?

• Like 15

And the winner is....

Thanks for the compliment but there's still 12months to go plus I'm still waiting for my 2nd railway related item from Modelu to arrive in the post...........

• Like 1

Wow, just Wow. That is exquisite modelling.

Thank you for that.

Lighting is another key factor here which makes especially the first picture look even better, and dare I say it more realistic.

All done using yesterdays afternoon sun and moving the diorama around to get the best shadows and then cropping the picture to focus the eye on the tunnel of trees.

Though, I must say, looking out the dining window today I wont be getting that type of picture, overcast and threatening rain.....

EDIT - in fact it has just started to rain!

Edited by KNP

After yesterdays adventure along the lane I thought I would try across the field, least I got a better view of an old goods van in a field.

Well it started out OK then I came across a setting untrimmed cornfield growing in a creamy white mess.

post-8925-0-45416500-1510044253_thumb.png

I decided to go no further as it looked like it would be a Pretty Vile A​dventure, if I tried to move on I might have came to a sticky end!!!, so set off back home.

The fence is made out of sagebrush twigs, I have a bag full that came with the armatures (either broken pieces or bits I have trimmed) I keep just for this sort of occasion, with my usual lightweight fishing line. 

Edited by KNP
  • Like 7

The missing link has arrived.

The whole focal point of this little diorama has arrived in this afternoons post so please meet:

Mr Bisskitts a guard for the Great Western Railways.

Duncan to his friends.....

post-8925-0-26155700-1510067263_thumb.png

Now the reason for the title will, hopefully, have become clear.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4