New Japanese layout

Earwicker

This week I've been building the benchwork and I'm more or less done. The pictures tell the story. I have two more things to do: install the lights, which comprise a couple of LED bar lights to be attached to the fascia; and the back scene board, which is made up of a couple of MDF sheet to be screwed and glued to the framework. Then I will paint this with primer ready for the painting of the back scene.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I've decided on the track work. It's going to have a single line track running through a small sea side station (like Todoroki Station on the Gono line). So very minimalistic, but this is exactly what I want to achieve.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scenic shell finished. The glad wrap in the tunnel portal is to stop the sculptamold sticking so I can get a nice flush location for the portals. Next up is surfacing the road and platform and carving the rocks on the hills and sea front. It's a bit hard to photograph at this stage because of all the white.

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

• Like 5

Finally doing what feels like actual modelling. These are the tunnel portals I bought in Osaka Yodabashi. Airbrushed with several brown/orange shades of acrylic in patches and then given a wash with Tamiya enamel X-57 buff.

35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks awesome, great use of the space.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. That looks like a very nice looking model of a Fulcrum in the background of one of your hobby room pictures too. I've always wanted to have a go at building one of those.

• 3 weeks later...