Semi ficticious Settle Carlisle layout

jonw

Well after many, many  years of started and failed model railways, limited by funds, talent, knowledge and space, I felt that two years ago I had most of these factors under control!

What follows here is a culmination of those lessons learnt, many of you will probably argue that there better / different / more pure ways etc but hay ho!

The railway is based upon the Settle Carlisle practice, using a goods station layout and lyddle end buildings, along with kato unitrack.

I wanted to do a scale model of blea moor as my granddad was signalman there during the war but I figured it would end up being a bit bland, so settled for a station nearby, running rule 1, but under the basis of it might be a preserved railway, or BR Blue with steam specials....

anyway, enough rabbiting, pictures to follow if I can figure the posting and ask away!

post-33560-0-35539300-1517241080_thumb.jpg

post-33560-0-04212500-1517241131_thumb.jpg

post-33560-0-99936600-1517241181_thumb.jpg

post-33560-0-45456400-1517241235_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to the S&C Layout section, Jon.

I'm glad you decided to post your layout build on here, rather than in the general Layout section. The nutters here - affectionately referred to as Lunesters - are very knowledgeable about the S&C and will no doubt be able to offer suggestions to whatever help you need. If you look at the S&C layout summary page you'll notice that a number of folks are, like yourself, modelling in N gauge.

Looks like you've made a good start and the room you have gives you plenty of scope.

All the best with the layout.

Jeff

• Like 2