New Roco Z21 app

Message added by AY Mod

Please reduce the confrontational aspects to this topic. Just kiss and make up a bit - 08 May

This may be of interest regarding the track plans on the new Z21 app. I was having a lot of problems creating the layout on my iPad using my fingers, when suddenly I remembered I have an Apple Pencil.its a lot more accurate, but you need to rotate points etc using finger and thumb, so if any of you have a ‘pencil’ use it!

Hope this is of help

ClayLaneCut

ClayLaneCut, on 12 Apr 2018 - 11:21, said:

This may be of interest regarding the track plans on the new Z21 app. I was having a lot of problems creating the layout on my iPad using my fingers, when suddenly I remembered I have an Apple Pencil.its a lot more accurate, but you need to rotate points etc using finger and thumb, so if any of you have a ‘pencil’ use it!

Hope this is of help

ClayLaneCut

Rotating points is even easier if you hold the pencil on the point and use a finger to do the rotating. The finger doesn't have to be near the point, so making it much easier to see what's going on :-)

​I reported the POM issue through the app to Roco at 11:15 and they acknowledged the issue at 14:20 saying they have passed it onto the developers - if everybody reports it then there is more chance of it rising to the top of the bug list and getting fixed - it's now up to you to report it ;)

I reported both the POM and the lack of a turntable symbol in the control station. That was a couple of days ago, and still no automated reply though?

Edit, it arrived, I had mailed it from my Gmail account which I don't look at so very often....

Edited by M Graff

Yes, I received the same mail:

Thank you for your e-mail and your feedback to our new Z21-App.

We have forwarded your suggestions to our developers. The new Z21-App is constantly evolving and also the database of our models is continuously extended.

For the POM-Programming there will be another update soon.

We hope to have helped you with our answer and wish you much pleasure with your hobby, the model railway.

But no timeframe for the update?

I had an update notification for the z21 updater app on my android phone and is shows v1.32.1 dated 16 Apr 18. I havent yet connected to my z21 router yet so might do tonight.

That update didn't help with the POM issue.

I really don't know what it did...

So v1.32 of the Z21 firmware and v1.0.5 of the iOS App now available. Have installed both but haven’t had a chance to see, if between them, the fix anything. Might get a hour tomorrow...

Thanks for the heads up on the new firmware - might fix some of the Railcom issues I seem to be having :)

here are the fixes within it.

2.04.2018 Z21 Maintenance V1.13
Contains Z21 FW V1.32, smartRail FW V1.15, multiMAUS FW V1.05, occupancy detector V3.1.20

Z21 FW V1.32
 • DCC: corrections for CV programming with improved ACK detection
 • DCC: New option "Invert DCC points straight ahead / branch off" added (customer request)
 • DCC: Existing option "DCC turnout shift +4" renamed to "DCC turnout conforming to RCN-213"
 • CAN: Bugfix during the initialization of the CAN controller
 • CAN: ZCAN20 commands revised for the switching of magnetic articles and reporting the actual point setting with the CAN-digital-Bahn "WeichenChef"
 • R-BUS: Correction for hot-plugging of occupancy detectors on the R-BUS
 • X-BUS: Correction when switching F0 - F4 with the multiMAUS, the locomotive functions F17 - F28 have been reset

multiMAUS FW V1.05
 • X-BUS: locomotive functions F0 to F28 switchable

Z21 Detector 10808 FW V3.1.20
 • CAN: a RailCom channel 2 POM read result is always transmitted to the Z21, regardless of the settings, if the corresponding vehicle is in a occupancy detector section

WLAN mouse FW V1.07
 • When set to 28 speeds, speed 1 was not output.
 • New: Adjustable level indicator
 • New: Adjustable throttle catch function
 • New: Adjustable point switching time
 • New: Adjustable track pause time

• Like 1

I've updated the app, and apart from the above and some cosmetic changes, i.e. the light orange theme and stop in writing, there's not much else...

The POM is still inoperable, even with Railcom plus equipped locomotives.

Strange.

Now I’ve upgraded both the Z21 firmware and the app, POM seems to be working better for my Zimo decoders but still doesn’t work for my Lenz or TCS decoders. Oh well, time to submit another bug report.

It seems entirely too buggy for me and I can't see many or any significant advantages over the previous version, everything I needed worked fine. At the moment I'm seriously inclined to go back to the earlier version, at least for a while perhaps until they get it sorted out.

Not too impressed that all these problems haven't been ironed out prior to issue..

Cheers ...Alan

The new app does crash occasionally on my iPad 2 especially when switching from one page to another. It crashes far less often, if at all, on my iPad mini 4. Apart from POM not working, everything else seems to work reasonably well and I have grown to like the new User interface, especially the layout control pages

• 3 weeks later...

V1.0.6 now available for IOS. It doesn’t appear to add any new functionality or fix any of the bugs I’ve reported though.

:-(

Edited by NickC

I wonder if they will make the IP address of the Z21 user editable ?

How can they make something that you can change already any different?

You can change the Z21 IP address to whatever you want by using the Z21 Maintenance App, and in the Z21 App you change the address of the Z21 to whatever you changed it to in the Maintenance App. 

I wonder if they will make the IP address of the Z21 user editable ?

it is and I’ve done it.

Edit: Oops, somehow missed that Iain had already answered...

Edited by NickC

How can they make something that you can change already any different?

You can change the Z21 IP address to whatever you want by using the Z21 Maintenance App, and in the Z21 App you change the address of the Z21 to whatever you changed it to in the Maintenance App. 

Oh, I may have missed the maintenance app., is that iPhone based ?

If so thats great  news as I can put the Z21 onto my home network/router 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody

Only recently joined this site best thing I ever did. I am getting my head around sketching my layout what a brilliant upgrade. However as I am adding new points they are numbered starting at 5 how do I change the number as I need to do this so I can address them on my dcc concepts AD-S8sx. I guess really it's no big deal I will just start at 5 just wondered if there was a way around it. Have a good night all

Roy